Author Topic: A squaddies AHII doesn't work | Nvidia update  (Read 288 times)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
A squaddies AHII doesn't work | Nvidia update
« on: February 03, 2008, 01:54:31 PM »
Hi all,

My squaddie sent me an e-mail about a tech question that I can't answer.

Can yall help?

Letter I received from squaddie:

Ratt,  

Hope you can help.  I updated my NVidia card through their update site last night and now AH won't work nor will any of the kid's games.  The card I have is the GForce 2mx/mx400 and it was running version 6.14.  

The auto update function they recommended was 93.71.  It loaded fine and went through it's install function fine.  When I tried loading AH I got an error msg.  I'm running windowsXP.  

Did I miss a step?  Also, when I ran a DXDiag it showed the old version for the driver still.  Any ideas?  I'm gonna be lynched by two small boys and a woman if I don't fix this today.  Any help would be much appreciated.

-Jim
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 03:41:49 PM »
you may need to do a manual driver cleaning, look on google for driver cleaner or some such.
or you can manualy go in and delete your drivers in person.
try that then install the new ones.

if the game still does not work you may have to go back to your old drivers.
i updated to the newest and experienced constant crashes in ah and card problems.

keep in mind i have a cheap card 6200 oc
so i just went back and reinstalled the ones from the disc that came with it.
sometimes updating to the newest drivers can be a pain when either your old ones wont go away or the new drivers are buggy.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »
Try going into hardware configuration in control panel (or just right click on My computer and select properties).

Go to Hardware, then Device Manager... open up "display adapters"...right click on the video card and select "update drivers".

Tell it NOT to look on the internet, and to install the driver automatically.  Hopefully it will now pick up the new driver.

If not you'll want to uninstall all nvidia drivers from add/remove programs... then reboot and reinstall the new drivers again.

If still no luck, you might have to go through a driver removal program such as drivercleaner.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »
The 61.77 drivers from NVidia will work best for that card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com