Author Topic: The Spiral rope (short film within)  (Read 1331 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: The Spiral rope (short film within)
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Nah, tic-tac-toe would be HOing.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
like humble says, a well timed rope is just as much 'managing the enemy's E' as it is managing your own E.

Good point.  'Managing the enemy's energy' is just as important in managing your own energy state in any sort of energy fight, it's also true in angles fighting as well.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »

We can agree to disagree.  The kill was made due to a mistake on JB part. 

This is important.  Think this through: Why did 64 make the mistake? He's not a noob.

Answer:  because I forced his error by presenting a tempting target in the spiral.  I managed my spiral "coil" in such a way as to keep him enticed, to make him think he'd catch me at the top.  64 made the mistake  because I executed the move correctly.

I did not find anything spectacular about your move.

You're missing the point of the whole thread, which was clearly delineated in my first post. The thread isn't about me making a spectacular move.  The thread is about the fact that several people have asked me how I do it, so I am trying to help those who really want to know. You're correct in that the move is not spectacular.  However, the spiral rope takes practice to be effective, I explained this in my first post. Also as I said in my original post, I don't make any claims at being skilled in this game, that's for others to judge. I'm just trying to help a few people out who asked.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:15:43 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »
One of my favorite ropes Steve. Thanks for giving it away!  :furious
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2008, 09:39:03 AM »
Steve, thanks for posting that film and giving your perspective on it.  As a "trainee" pilot, I have a regular instructor and always appreciate extra input from the better sticks in the game.   :salute   

One note about JB64.  Maybe two months ago Lambo and I were in a constant engagement with JB64 and squaddie of his whose name escapes me. We all got shot down at one time or another and we all shot everybody else down at one point or another only to keep coming back for more, until Lambo and I had to log.  It was a great 2v2.  :salute JB64
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom