Author Topic: RC pilot recreates a SAPP style landing  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
RC pilot recreates a SAPP style landing
« on: February 14, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »
RC pilot tries to recreates a SAPP style landing and does a very good job doing it.

RC pilot recreates SAPP style landing

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »
Hahahaha.

Oh man... that looked expensive.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:33:02 PM »
LMFAOROF
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
Hope that was his maiden flight.

Serves you right when you try and land a twin-engined scale foamie with a 4-foot wingspan right in front of you, pointed at you.

Retard.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 09:57:51 PM by Treize69 »
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 09:54:54 PM »
I see nothing wrong with that landing.  He clearly was able to walk away from it :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 09:57:37 PM »
Yeah, but he can't just respawn a new cartoon B-25 and do it again either. Not without about $750 anyway.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »
Originally posted by Treize69
Yeah, but he can't just respawn a new cartoon B-25 and do it again either. Not without about $750 anyway.

i'm thinking he had a LOT more than $750 in that model.....i'd gues well over $1,000.......i have a p51D, 80" span, 1.5 fourstroke YS engine...and it was almost $1k............got $700 in my 70" extra 300, and about 400-500 in my 57" T-34 Mentor...............:D

at first, i thought......what an #$%hole.......then i realized the size of that model,,,,,and really felt sorry for the guy.......but i guess when you let your airplane get below minimum single engine speed(you noticed the right engine wasn't running, right?) that's what happens. remember: the good engine will lead you right to the scene of the accident:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »
The air plane was at least worth $2000 or more, but you can almost always recover all of your equipment in crashes like that. To me he came in too fast and side slipped, causing the plane to yaw, one prop hit the ground and killed one engine then bounced back into the air due to speed with only one engine running. I fly RC seen this type of crash happen alot, and even more often when people move from the smaller aircraft such as .40-1.2 size offscale to 1/4 scale or higher type plane, forgetting that they fly almost like the full size plane counterparts.:eek:
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
Hmmm... let me see.... it had two engines... it was a bomber... it crash-landed...

Yep, it's definitely SAPP! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »
Originally posted by CAP1
i'm thinking he had a LOT more than $750 in that model.....i'd gues well over $1,000.......i have a p51D, 80" span, 1.5 fourstroke YS engine...and it was almost $1k............got $700 in my 70" extra 300, and about 400-500 in my 57" T-34 Mentor...............:D

It was this .

Complete kit, $750.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
The one in the flick is much bigger than the one in the link.

Also the right engine was off while it was still in flight
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
That one in the vid didn't look like its span was more than 4 feet to me, thats the size of the one on the site. It also has the same markings as several of the same that I've seen on the web. But whatever.

Hes a moron either way.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »
That one in the vid didn't look like its span was more than 4 feet to me, thats the size of the one on the site. It also has the same markings as several of the same that I've seen on the web. But whatever.

Hes a moron either way.

watch it again....then pause it just as the guy on the left starts to run.......it's in the ballpark of 6' span.....and theywere gas motors. actuall;y just looked again..closer to 7'......but anyway.....the wheels never really touched, and number 2 was dead on approach....it looks as if he stalled it on short final, and just tried to power out of it on the single engine.....and if you watch the wreckage..it was balsa wood.......i do feel sorry for the guy....

on the note of the link you put up for hobby lobby..they have beautiful aircraft..i bought an alpha models F4U from them.....it's small, but almost as fast as my T34 with it's os .50SX.

DCC..i fly them too.......we have about 200 members in our club.......we have everything from electric foamies to jets...one guy has an F16 about 12 ft long powered by a turbine with i think 16 or 17 pounds of thrust...and it is ungodly fast.......

me..i like the warbirds..that's why the pony, t34, a zeke in the works, and a p40 in the works...........

<>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 12:04:40 AM »

Hes a moron either way.

look at when the one guy dives to the deck...... the one wing is about 3/4's of his body lenght...... Unless hes a midget the plane had to have almost 8' wing tip to wing tip.

the plane in the link the guy held it up in one hand to launch it
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
RC
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 09:59:25 AM »
Yea, that thing is definately a larger model.  I also fly RC, mainly giant scale aerobatics, such as a 37% extra 330, a 35% edge540, and a 33% Ultimate biplane... but I also fly a few warbirds, and I have a turbine F/A-18 from yellow aircraft done in blue angels colors.  The "complete kit" for $750 does not take into account finishing supplies, equipment, etc.  Although the equip was probaby salvageable.  Also don't forget the time investment in building and finishing a plane like that. My Corsair (88" wingspan) took me well over 2 years to build and finish... and that is working on it at least one weekend day a week, plus some small time during the week.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life