Author Topic: Oh my god the pony is awful!  (Read 7725 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Oh my god the pony is awful!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »
Haxxor!
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »
Here comes the popularity contest again.... :rolleyes:

No, K/D does not mean everything in this game, in fact it means very little to a sense.  I remember SHawk once went on a fighter kill streak with no deaths, (or 1 or 2) but had like 200 kills or some crap. (If he drops in on this please post as I have the memory of a mosquito on speed)
I am not saying Urchin is a bad pilot or not because I have fought him.  I am not even saying he would lose/win against the pilots I wrote about previously.  Whatever it is that BaldEagle is saying: "He ran away and came back and 'picked' me."  Yeah maybe he did... maybe more SA is in need.  Not trying to be rude either Bald and I mean that.  The point is if you use a plane the way it is intended to be flown... what is wrong with that?  
The plane has speed and like said earlier in this thread by Treize69
Which is the way it should be- many of the surviving Luftwaffe pilots said after the war that the best tactic against P-51s was to get them in a slow turn fight because the 109 had better low-speed handling, especially down low.

Okay, so he kept his plane fast and reset the fight, came back and shot you down.  That is like telling Karaya not to slow his Ki-61 down and make you overshoot him.  

Yes Biggles you might have a better K/D right now in this tour.  But with Tempest, La's and Ponies... all fast rides, what do you use to your advantage?

Lusche, trust me I respect you in this community very much and yes yours is better right now as well... let's see: 173 k/d right now in a Me262.  Fast plane, big guns.  Once again I wonder how guys do it as I struggle half the time just keeping mine above 2, but I don't play for score really as it becomes boring and I like to have fun.  I have fought you before and have lost so bad I just didn't want to up again because I died from a stupid mistake such as trying to turn a A8 with a Spit or Niki...
I have lost many times and become very humble over the years playing this game.

Hubs... Yes it is just because your flying 400mph with big guns (stop going to the gym) :D  (And stats are misleading in this game as we know)

You take into fact a plane that is fast, has .50cal (and don't give me a speech on bullets and stuff, I deal with ordnance day to day at work) and not wanting to get it low and slow in a turn fight, that is the Pony.  I have just started flying it and am flying it because I want to work on my gunnery.  Hitting stuff with a 20mm/30mm does not take much to rip off a wing.  Keeping your guns on with a smaller round long enough to take off that winning piece to get the kill is what matters.

Like I said, I am not saying Urchine is a bad pilot.  Some people are on here praising people from this games past/present and they have flown on here maybe a year or so (sometimes if that)  Wait, where is Serinity when we need him... :rolleyes:
Not trying to have an argument.  Just saying they are great pilots in that plane and have not ever tried to take away anything from anyone else.  And if I want to go that route I would just say they suck, pick, ho, etc.  But using a plane to it's 'best' advantages isn't wrong is it...
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Haxxor!

BaldEagl is a Haxxxor

He's a triple-x kind of guy.... :rofl
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
So I wouldn't put too much trust in K/D as skill indicator alone  ;)

SHHH!!! Don't tell Karnak!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
Does it realy matter what my score is in the A-8? I looked at yours Truekill and you have 0 in all three months! looks good to me. I said me because I know how to fly it and I have a good understading on what it can or cannot do.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »
Originally posted by Bosco123
Does it realy matter what my score is in the A-8? I looked at yours Truekill and you have 0 in all three months! looks good to me. I said me because I know how to fly it and I have a good understading on what it can or cannot do.

DA!!!! DA!!!! DA!!!! DA!!!! DA!!!!:noid
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
Originally posted by Bosco123
I said me because I know how to fly it and I have a good understading on what it can or cannot do.

Just like you have a true understanding of the P-51D's top speed?  

No offense, but when one thinks of the better FW190A-8 drivers in the game, your name is nowhere on that list.  I don't even fly it and I have a better understanding of the plane than you do.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 06:03:39 PM »
sketch, K/D isn't the best indicator of skill by a long shot. as long as it's not 0.25 or something, there's no way of telling how good the guy is one on one. the tempest lgay and pony sorties are the ones i score in fighter mode on sweeps i know i'll need speed for, like intercepting mssions and doing base defense. i have high K/Ds in those rides because i'm flying smart when i fly em, not rushing into low red clouds etc.

i fly a lot of random planes when i'm messing about in attack mode.

anyways, DG is a good stick, don't get me wrong, i was simply saying urchin WILL win. i've fought both several times one on one, and i can assure you, urchin is the better 1 on 1 stick.

not to put DG down or anything, urchin is just VERY good.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
Sketch, you and I will form the "We Both Wish We Could Be Good Club".    

Maybe one day......until then, we're just a couple of cartoon pile-its who know how to crack a joke and have fun.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles

I won't start a purse fight with yah Biggles, your too nice of a guy for that as am I.  My post on this is just my opinion... but there is always that one time.  Like I said before... I am just saying
:aok
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »
Originally posted by Sketch
Not quite sure about that... DG carries close to a 6+ k/d on average in a D-Pony... and that is when he is flying alone.  It goes up when the rest of the AK's are on.  Just saying...:aok

I understand your view. But I've dueled the best in this game, and I have absolutely no doubt that Urchin wins.

Running up huge K/Ds is easy. In of itself, a big K/D means little unless one knows the context involved. Does the pilot fly with a group? How much vulching does he do? Etc...

Fly alone, avoid vulching, fly less than uber aircraft, don't be an alt-monkey, avoid picking guys in another fight. Then, run up a massive K/D and you'll have something to be proud of.

With that under your belt, go to the DA and TA, duel with the best in the game on a regular basis. When you can hold your own with them, wining as much as losing; now you are in the top tier, someone to be feared. Urchin is in that category.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 08:05:05 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing

Like I told Biggles...
I won't argue about this Widewing.  Maybe he could, maybe not... That is my opinion and that is all.  But in this game a lot of times it doesn't matter to most.  I just shrug my shoulders and accept it and move on.  I have said K/D doesn't matter, hell look at Axer/Dexter and the 15 people or whatever that fly on their account...  You have your opinion and I have mine, but I won't say your right or wrong, just like I won't say I am or not...  The criticism in this game is tough and I have been playing since Air Warrior.  I just accept it.... :aok
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 08:29:40 PM »
Not to be an ass, but..  At the same time you say you won't argue, but keep arguing?  Sounds like you just want to keep DG's name up there next to Urchin.
An ostrich has an opinion too, down there in the sand.

There's subjective criticism, like in art.  And there's objective criticism in exact sciences such as dogfighting.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »
Originally posted by moot
Not to be an ass, but..  At the same time you say you won't argue, but keep arguing?  Sounds like you just want to keep DG's name up there next to Urchin.
An ostrich has an opinion too, down there in the sand.

There's subjective criticism, like in art.  And there's objective criticism in exact sciences such as dogfighting.

Like your opinion.... ?
I am not arguing and yet I am not running down Urchin either.  Maybe you just want to keep Urchin at the top... or maybe monkeys swing from trees... I could care less....  But when others bring it up again again I guess a guy just needs to go along with the Chair-Generals and accept things how they are....
Not to be an ass... :D
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »
I have alot of respect for DG, he's a good guy and a more then competent stick (not just in the pony). He flies smart, engages well and rarely gets into unmanagable situations unless he's stuck defending other squaddies. All that being said there are a small handful of guys who go above and beyond when pushed into a corner or left with a true 1 on 1. Urchin is in that small group that have you "outnumbered" when its just you and he and you have alt & E...more often then not he'll find a way to eek out a "W" from a bad situation. DG does well because he flies smart and flies to his planes strength. Urchin will T&B a plane beyond the limits of common sense and find a way to make it work. Thats nothing negative to DG...just a realistic assessment of Urchins tremendous skills....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson