Author Topic: adonai  (Read 6004 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »
Oh yeah, and $20 on Batfink, please...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 10:49:56 PM »
Batfink is an excellent person and dueler.  Haven't seen anything but class from him.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »
One of my all time favorite fights was against Batfink. Batty, didn't know I only got half your wing. :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
adonai
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 11:00:09 PM »
Originally posted by SunBat
And yes, if you don't watch ur 6 when ur shootin' at somebody, someone is gonna pick u if ur in the middle of a frickin' furball.

No.. If a fight looks like it's fun, some people will let it go on.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: adonai
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
i only write this now because conveying a point over ch200 is never easy.

it isnt a matter of bravado if i ask you to DA after an incident, not every time.

you did well from a good starting position and kept me and my wingman below you and slower. after a while we decided that the mini horde that was climbing up to us was more of a threat than you.

so, my wing in his p47 kept chasing you upwards while i dived in on the nearest spit16 gangbanging another squaddy 4000ft below us.

2 mins later i hear 'check 6 bat, that 190A8 still wants you' from my wingman who you are now running from after losing your E. i look back in my mossy and see you d400, pull up and start rolling and you clip off vital parts. good shot. So i salute on 200 and commend your gunnery.

next thing we hear is:

'LOL now your p47 bud is running!' 'cant take it anymore [name]? lame wuss'

what you probably didnt know was he had been fighting you with parts missing and stuck down the whole time anyhow and was getting low on fuel after chasing you for so long.

so i asked you to DA 1 on 1 to back up your bragging. you refused and even started insulting my whole squad in general.

All fun and games, we dont care much what you think of us anyhow.

the reason i asked you to DA was simple. to restore my respect in you after you so immaturely bragged on our compliments.

If someone challanges you to the DA, you do it to atleast prove you got balls, I havent been challanged too much though cuz i usually keep my mouth shut. But then again Adonai, not everyone has a pair of balls.

Oh yea, and when you complain on 200 for picking, thats 90% of your kills right there.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 11:10:01 PM »
Originally posted by moot
No.. If a fight looks like it's fun, some people will let it go on.

I agree with that and do let fights proceed very often, especially in early war, midwar, the DA and AvA and in late war areas that are quieter. However, if a sqaudy or countryman asks for help, I'm not gonna leave him hanging.

Anyway, my point above is that you really can't be surprised when u get picked in a huge furball in late war especially. I wish it were different, but its not. When it happens, just shut up. There are many ppl who make it out of the messy furballs with kills and land them. You have, I have, Adonai has, if u get picked in the middle of it, oh well. Ur fault, not theirs.
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
adonai
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »
Sticks and stones, bat, nothing more... 200 is the smack-talk channel.

Bat
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
adonai
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »
You got killed 1vs2, quit the whining already, its been logged. You tried to insult me saying some random garbage I was 5k above you yatta yatta, I was climbing to your P47-D11 and Mossy vs a Fw-190a8.

If you haven't insulted, none of it would of started. I only laughed at the P47 for running away after being on my 6 when odds were turned against him for once.

instead of 1 on 2 it was 3 on 1, your insults to my flying EVEN when odds were against me is what pissed me off. Then you shoot your mouth off bout a DA 190a8 vs Mossy.

Fact of matter was I engaged 2 Guys, with P47 Rolling behind me after 3-4 turns with mossy, I extended to keep my E up, seen you lower, and rolled in for you.

Now you probably did Dive on a spit, you still started the engagement with me, and I kept an eye on everything around me, its called SA.

I was lucky however, P47 ran for home. And I said: If you didnt start off the insulting towards me I'd simply And been on my business, but naturally AGAIN with this forum post, you show you want to Instigate a fight. to your attitude.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:26:46 PM by Adonai »

Online thndregg

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 11:13:30 PM »
Bat. You did good.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
adonai
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 11:19:45 PM »
Originally posted by SunBat
I agree with that and do let fights proceed very often, especially in early war, midwar, the DA and AvA and in late war areas that are quieter. However, if a sqaudy or countryman asks for help, I'm not gonna leave him hanging.

Anyway, my point above is that you really can't be surprised when u get picked in a huge furball in late war especially. I wish it were different, but its not. When it happens, just shut up. There are many ppl who make it out of the messy furballs with kills and land them. You have, I have, Adonai has, if u get picked in the middle of it, oh well. Ur fault, not theirs.

Especailly when you are fighting rooks
They are the #1 pickers honestly.
I dont think ive been picked by a knit more than 10 times.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 11:26:09 PM »
Originally posted by angelsandair
Especailly when you are fighting rooks
They are the #1 pickers honestly.
I dont think ive been picked by a knit more than 10 times.

LOL, I can't help but notice ur location under ur avatar. Sounds like a pick to me.  

Anyway, all 3 countries do it.  The knits do it just as much as the bish and the mighty rooks.  Just gotta watch ur back and have ur squaddies there to watch it for ya.
AoM

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 11:32:25 PM »
Originally posted by Adonai
If you didnt start off the insulting towards me I'd simply And been on my business...

Sorry, but that does not comport with past history.
AoM

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 11:38:21 PM »
Adonia is one of the few WOT I don't have alot respect for. Bat is a class act guy for sure!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
adonai
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47:08 PM »
Seems to me it's just the ongoing cycle of Aces High.  Any of us who have been around any length of time have seen it numerous times.

It's part of progressing from thinking anything we do in the game matters to realizing it's just for fun and that all the chest thumping, calling em out, I'm gonna kick your cartoon backside from here to there is just what some folks have to go through before they figure it out.

We've all done it to some degree or another, thinking we, our squad, our 'flying' ability or something else we've done makes us king of the hill.  We can all name many a player who has never lost a fight outside of those where the other guy:
-picked
-pulled his cable
-stick stirred
-HO'd
-ran to friends
-Was in an LA, Spit 16 or whatever dweeb plane you want to name
-

Once you get past that, the game is much more fun.  And generally everyone gets there.

Just not worth getting worked up about.  Until we start really dying it just doesn't matter who thinks they're 'bestest"

All the cartoon 'smack talk' in the world, amounts to absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 11:52:50 PM »
It just goes to show that you can move em around but underneath its still an OreO with a mushy center....

BTW $20 on Bat:aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson