Author Topic: P-47M, a perked jug.  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 09:19:45 AM »
A p-47M would be a cool ride to have. But, we need planes that will fill gaps. He-111 should be high up on the list along with the Yaks, Japanese Aircraft. And what about...

And don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of the Jug.
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »
Originally posted by Redlegs
A p-47M would be a cool ride to have. But, we need planes that will fill gaps. He-111 should be high up on the list along with the Yaks, Japanese Aircraft. And what about...

And don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of the Jug.

Oh, i totally agree- He-111 would be uber cool.  

Why would you want a C Jug though?  Why not a D-15 razorback?  

Heck, how about a D-5?  The C didn't see all that much action, IIRC.  

It's not really a question of priority per se, it's more of a "why the heck not, it doesn't seem like all that much work to introduce".  Seriously, all they have to do is slap the N engine in a D-25/40 frame, tweak the weight a little to get it balanced right (the numbers are very available), slap a perk price of like 50 on it, and say "voila!".

Of course, I've never ever introduced a "new" a/c into the Aces High inventory so I could be grossly underestimating the effort needed to perform said act.
"You rebel scum"

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »
I say, go for it. It should take a short time to do.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 06:14:51 PM »
Originally posted by angelsandair
The only reason that is even kind of reasonable that I have heard was from like 10 ppl

"ONLY LIKE 130 WERE ISSUED!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!"
Well The 163 was worse on those terms with the fact that 300 were issued and 1/3 would blow up

First of all, the 163 should never have been added IMHO.
Second, counting that "1/3 blew up", that still leaves you with 70 more 163's than P47M's.

By the way, something leads me to beleive that this is harder than the sounds. That 'something' is that the Ta152 wasnt remodled with the rest of the 190's. Now, by conventional thought, you would only have to take the Dora, tweak the engine (I think) and slap those beautifully long wings on it. Which, you'd think, would take no more than a couple of hours. But they never did it, even though they were already working on the other 190's.
Food for thought...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:18:49 PM by Motherland »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »
First of all, the 163 should never have been added.

Just a guess from out in left field here....but I'd say Pyro and HiTech disagree. ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 06:34:47 PM »
Which is why I added IMHO :aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 07:01:44 PM »
Originally posted by JeepinAZ
I think I just made a mess....

Yeah, I'd love to see a lot of early A/C as well but it would be nice to have a Jug that would compete with other high performance models out there.  

We already have one, the P-47N.  The problem is that players are trying to fight in the Jug at altitudes where it suffers and not at where it was meant to be flown.   You'd have the same issues with the M model.  

As for adding the M, why?  I'd rather have planes added that actually bring something to the game and not just another late war fast ride that isn't really needed.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 07:04:40 PM »
It fills the gap of the fastest Jug, the -N jug was no good except for long range...

Do you read anything about the planes or you just parrot what the other ignorant posters write?

Please, provide any sort of data that the P-47N wasn't a capable aircraft and a failure in everything except long range sorties.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »
Originally posted by Wingnutt
C202, the 109E4, 190F8, P-40B, SBD, F4F-4, TBM, spitty I,

Hurricane I, A6M2,  B5N2, D3A1..

all of these "fill gaps"

in the MA,... all of them are worthless..'

filling gaps is really only useful for.. filling gaps..

it doesn't necessarily make the game any better, doesent give the vast majority of players anything to really look forward to...

Strange, I see those planes quite a bit in the MA.  I guess when you're flying in a hord, it's hard to see the roses

ack-ack

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Do you read anything about the planes or you just parrot what the other ignorant posters write?

Please, provide any sort of data that the P-47N wasn't a capable aircraft and a failure in everything except long range sorties.

ack-ack

hes just "parroting" what all the available data says.

A quick trip to Gonzo's will tell you all you need to know about the Ns performance, or lack there of.

slecte it and the D40, see for your self how it stacks up.

below 25~ K it is either equal or inferior to the D40 in every way except top speed when using WEP.

climb(even under WEP) , and turn radius are actually worse than the D40.

I would say the N is just a D40 with added range, but it isnt even that.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 07:38:21 PM »
Strange, I see those planes quite a bit in the MA.  

no you dont.,

I guess when you're flying in a hord, it's hard to see the roses

ack-ack [/B]

yea, im a loser because most of my flying is in goal oriented squad missions..

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 07:43:05 PM »
Originally posted by Wingnutt
no you dont.,

Maybe it's the time you fly, but I see anyone of those planes pretty much each night I fly, especially the D3a, TBM and Wildcat being the majority out of the group.

ack-ack

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »
We already have one, the P-47N.  The problem is that players are trying to fight in the Jug at altitudes where it suffers and not at where it was meant to be flown.

Players are fighting where the fight actually is- at altitudes 15K and below.  

You'd have the same issues with the M model.

Not so fast, buddy.  The M was an entirely different beast from the N.  It weighed a LOT less, and it went a LOT faster.  

]As for adding the M, why?  I'd rather have planes added that actually bring something to the game and not just another late war fast ride that isn't really needed.

ack-ack

That's a very valid point.  But "bringing something to the game"- it depends on what "game" you're talking about- the main (i.e. late war) arena, the AvA, the Midwar, special events...?  

The M would give the P-47 enthusiasts a terrific perked model.  It'd be the real "super bolt".  

I dunno, I'd kinda like to have it.

In the interest of CT, however, I'd have to say bring on the D-15.  Wing racks, bigger drop tanks, longer range and increased Jabo capability while still retaining the razorback performance.  Yes please :D
"You rebel scum"

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2008, 02:02:20 AM »
the -N jug was no good except for long range...

The N Jug is a beast.  If you don't realize that you don't fly it right.  Ask Wolfala who can routinely land 10 kills a sortie in it.  2800 HP for 5 minutes is awesome--there's no other way to state it.  Manage your WEP and weight in the November, and it will shine.  No, it doesn't turn as well as the D-11 or climb as well without WEP as the D-40.  But, if you're planning on using the Jug, those two elements aren't facets of the aircraft you rely upon to get you out of a tough fight.  I know its hard to imagine an 8 ton aircraft being a bird that works the vertical, but the N Jug can, as long as you have the go juice (WEP).  At 1/4 tank of fuel and 1000 rounds total, the November begins approaching LA/Spit/109 type power loadings on WEP.

I'll caveat that by saying that the M, IMO, is a plane that should be in the game, albeit, probably the next time the Jug is revised, which should be in the distant future, after most of the obvious holes in the plane set are filled, and even then, probably as one of the last revisions.  I have even proposed in a thread around a year and a half ago that it would seem the M would be fairly easy to include, given its similarity to the D-25/D-40.  I suppose in an ideal world, HTC would like to have every single aircraft that saw combat in WWII modeled, and I'm sure that it will take a while to do so.  So, the M can wait until its time to be included, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm one of the P-47 fanboi's here.  

Personally, I think the D-22/23 is a much more historically relevant version that should be included, even before the M.  There are a couple of other tweaks I'd like to see, but even then, given the amount of aircraft missing, it should be taken care of later.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
P-47M, a perked jug.
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2008, 04:37:47 AM »
What I'm seeing here from the less then reasonable, is:

"Give me what I percieve to be the airplane I can't lose in, while flying in latewar."

It's that or  it's the classic, I'm never gonna be satisfied no matter what HTC does.

There is more to the game then Latewar.  Clearly HTC is trying to work towards a more complete plane set, not just late war monsters.

But as I said, give me the Spit XII for midwar and the Spit 21 for latewar, and you can have your P47M

Oh and about that P38H :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters