Author Topic: Come on Axis!  (Read 2681 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »
I haven't had the privilege of fighting any of the tomcatters, though I look forward to it.  Thus far all I have seen are running 51's and timid ack hugging goobernaughts.
P-47 pilot

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
Originally posted by republic
I haven't had the privilege of fighting any of the tomcatters, though I look forward to it.  Thus far all I have seen are running 51's and timid ack hugging goobernaughts.
same here.  since everyone so far has run from my Ki61 I can only surmise that I have not run into any of the VF31 players.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »
Republic & Heythere, I have the same ID in game as I do on the forums.  

Find me or any of the -=Virt. Fighting - 31=- in the AvA and we'll be glad to tell you where we are at.  

I'm not sure we will have as many guys on like we did last night, but I assure you that we are an aggressive squad & would rather die in an honest fight then hug any ack.

Beware, where there is one or two Catters there are usually more close by :)  But we will do our best to keep a fight fare.

<>
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
The 11th is in (I believe), tonight.

Salute Johann,...I'll see ya up.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »
Originally posted by republic

You must not be on when I'm flying then as I tend to just head to the largest enemy concentration.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Kten

• Zinc Member
      • www.78th.org
Come on Axis!
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Some of us dont like how the settings are in the allies favor this week. If they were set to normal it would be a different story, but its not.

Now were was that attitude towards balanced play when 262's and Ar234s ran amok.
Kten78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »
Originally posted by heythere
you miss my point arlo, its not about the planeset being too hard its about having to chase these guys back to the ack with little hope of catching them.

very few players fight in any of the arenas, this one being no exception.

I wasn't addressing your point, heythere. I was addressing someone else's. :)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »
Originally posted by Stampf
The 11th is in (I believe), tonight.

Salute Johann,...I'll see ya up.

LOL, I should be on the German side huh :D

~Vor der Kaserne vor dem grossen Tor~

See yall in there.  I may be on around 9Est/8Cent

<> Stampf aka "Dave"

P.S. Disregard my PM... LOL

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
not a troll merely an observation
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 08:27:24 PM »
I just logged off from the AvA.  I had two or three nice fights but at no time was it less than against three vs one odds against me.

every single allied player was way up high and ganging.  I managed to land one three kill sortie but all the other times I was HO'd repeatedly (four or five F6Fs from VF31 lining up to HO) and at all times ganged.

this week is to be recognised as a token easy week for the allieds, a feel better week.  I'm for it make it easier for them.

I won't be logging back on tonight I think I'll go to the MA for some good fights.

my impressions of VF31 are far different from what you want to project rattfink I'm sorry to say.  I'll look for you personally as I have not run across you yet.  

ente
II/JG5 "Eismeer"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:35:30 PM by heythere »

Offline BoostPSI

• Zinc Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »
I don't think this plane set is nearly as bad as is being portrayed. The only thing that kind of sucks is that once our ords are down (one Jabo can accomplish that) we are pretty much screwed for a while. But as far as planes go... the KIs are very respectable. They don't move at 190D speeds, but they will actually  turn. And they've got 20mm :) This is definitely a challenging map for us.

I only fly German or American Iron....(I won't even buy an asian car) But I'm trying the Axis even though the Allies have almost all my fav birds. 38G, D25, F4U... But I've had some great fights so far! Allies, I look forward to seeing you in the skies with my spontaniously combustible paper airplane :t

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Come on Axis!
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »
All this Axis whaggggmbulance calling about HO this and HO that... sheesh quit coming at us haed on and you won't have to call the Waghmbulance anymore. :D

FWIW -  I seen more than my  share of stratosphere Axis in the past months.  He who is low usually dies.  Allies finally caught on.:aok
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: not a troll merely an observation
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »
I just logged off from the AvA.  I had two or three nice fights but at no time was it less than against three vs one odds against me.

every single allied player was way up high and ganging.  I managed to land one three kill sortie but all the other times I was HO'd repeatedly (four or five F6Fs from VF31 lining up to HO) and at all times ganged.

this week is to be recognised as a token easy week for the allieds, a feel better week.  I'm for it make it easier for them.

I won't be logging back on tonight I think I'll go to the MA for some good fights.

my impressions of VF31 are far different from what you want to project rattfink I'm sorry to say.  I'll look for you personally as I have not run across you yet.  

ente
II/JG5 "Eismeer"

Yeah, Ive seen the same on both sides.  5 dif. times tonight, planes have either hoed or tried to ho.  I just nose down to hopefully pull an immelman or Split S.  If I see a enemy start to fire in a head on & I am unable to use an ACM, it's all guns a' blazin; But not until they fire first.

I'd rather be in a long dogfight then ho.

I'm not sure all those guys were Catters (VF-31) if so I'll have a pow wow w/ em.  But I think they have the same mindset as I when it comes to the enemy shooting first.

Most of the time I was getting stuck out by myself and getting my rear stabilizers shot off :0)

<> Good Fights All :)  Nice to see more Axis on tonight :D  <>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 10:14:00 PM by RATTFINK »

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:33 PM »
Originally posted by BoostPSI
I don't think this plane set is nearly as bad as is being portrayed. The only thing that kind of sucks is that once our ords are down (one Jabo can accomplish that) we are pretty much screwed for a while. But as far as planes go... the KIs are very respectable. They don't move at 190D speeds, but they will actually  turn. And they've got 20mm :) This is definitely a challenging map for us.

I only fly German or American Iron....(I won't even buy an asian car) But I'm trying the Axis even though the Allies have almost all my fav birds. 38G, D25, F4U... But I've had some great fights so far! Allies, I look forward to seeing you in the skies with my spontaniously combustible paper airplane :t

The KI-84 is a bad arse plane & can out turn most naval planes.  Underrated in the MA's.

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 10:31:41 PM »
The Ki84 is far too easy to get kills in.  the zeke is a sword that cuts both ways it will kill but it dies far too easily.  my preferrannce given the limits is the Ki61.  played properly it is more than a match and it comes down to pile-it.

too bad so many in the AvA can do only one thing climb into the high thin cartoon air and then bore n snore.

in the midst of all the foolishness I did manage four or five pretty good fights with frode and his wingman.  a 2 v 1 is acceptable, beyond that it is no fun for the single guy.

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
Re: not a troll merely an observation
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »

My guys have been trained and know not to fire on a head on unless the enemy con fires first.  Its one of our number one rules in the game.  The only exception to this rule is if your are out numbered 4 to 1, then by all means, use everything you can to survive.

IMO Axis had an easy night, the complaining about the carrier strength seemed to have worked in axis favor!!  And as of milk running, there was plenty of that tonight!  When i logged into the AvA at 8 est.  Axis had 17 players while the Allies only had 4.  By the time 9:30 the numbers finally evened out!  So, personally, id LOVE not to hear any more complaining from the Axis side about mil krunning!!
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO