Author Topic: Dumbest Tattoo Ever  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Dumbest Tattoo Ever
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 05:16:08 AM »
Originally posted by wheez
Is that supposed tp say Chi- Town under his neck?

"n Show Of Support, Group Gets Misspelled Tattoos
Artist Is Target Of Lawsuit Over Mistake, Gets Unusual Help From Friends
 SLIDESHOW: See The Week's News In Photos
Get breaking news alerts
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

CHICAGO (CBS) ― Support has been growing for the Chicago tattoo artists who botched the spelling of a tattoo on a man's chest.

Michael Duplessis filed a lawsuit recently against Jade Dragon Tattoo and Body Piercing, at 5331 W. Belmont Ave., over a tattoo that he said was supposed to read CHI-TOWN in capital letters. He says it came out CHI-TONW.

As a show of solidarity on Thursday night, several tattoo artists got the CHI-TONW tattoo themselves, on purpose.

"My friends are supporting me by saying, 'Hey, you know, it happens. We've done it. You just got, you know, blown up on it," said tattoo artist Sam Hacker, who gave Duplessis the tattoo.

Hacker admits he made the mistake two years ago, but offered to fix it. He said Duplessis never came back.

Hacker is offering the tattoo to customers at Jade Dragon for free this Sunday. So far, eight people have already signed up.

Duplessis, who is a mechanic, filed the lawsuit earlier this month in Cook County Circuit Court. The suit sought monetary damages, and he claims suffered "emotional distress from public ridicule."

Duplessis -- who is a mechanic -- says he paid $250 for the 2005 tattoo"
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Dumbest Tattoo Ever
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 05:17:43 AM »
Originally posted by Tango
Its pretty much a dumb thing to get a tattoo of any kind.

You are correct. "A" tattoo don`t feed the bulldog.
There must be many.

:D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Dumbest Tattoo Ever
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 07:10:50 AM »
Originally posted by Tango
Its pretty much a dumb thing to get a tattoo of any kind.

yep - strange how it used to be bikers and strippers who had them or drunk servicemen .. now the over the hill soccer mom & the 15 year old dumbarse thinks its cool .. strange strange world we live in these days
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Dumbest Tattoo Ever
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 07:26:19 AM »
Things go full circle- there was a time a couple of generations ago (when they first came out with the tattoo gun) that they were almost as popular as they are now, but the designs and styles were different from what they are now and they weren't usually shown off the way they are now.

Those old movie cliches of whalers, sailors, soldiers, laborers etc. being covered in ink had a basis in fact. Usually they were to comemmorate events and places the person had been back in the days before anyone could just hop on a plane and go around the worl in a day or two- back then, when you'd been someplace exotic, you got the tat to prove it.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Dumbest Tattoo Ever
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 07:40:48 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick

OMG, izzat Curval?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   :O

:p

hehe...

No ink on me.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Dumbest Tattoo Ever
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »
I have had mine for decades.   some of em would make some of you girls get the vapors but...

I have never regretted em.  they are who I was.  and.. to some extent who I am.   No big deal..  but I would miss em if they were gone.

No urge to get new ones at this stage of life tho.

lazs

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Dumbest Tattoo Ever
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »
The forehead guys from different posts are the same guy (the STUPID and GOD BLESS AMERICA guys). Those pictures must be gags.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac