Author Topic: Rules of Engagement in AVA  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
I usually prefer beer, but today, I am whining.
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »
Truekill and Captain have hinted that there is a kinder more gentler AH community.  The addition of the war aspect to AvA has increased the numbers of participants, but with the constant fight to prevent milking, the settings are so extreme that it takes a horde to accomplish a simple mission.  :mad:  Fix one problem, you get stuck with another set of problems.:rolleyes:

:aok Suggestion:

Increase icon range.  The tiny dots on the screen are hardly any indication of strategic advantages or disadvantages.  This current setting does not allow you to counter the previously mentioned tactics.  Compared to any realism (don't know that we can - - the reason for icons in the first place)  the human eye and trained brain would recognize and be able to identify the threat way before tiny dot becomes icon and range identified.

How many of you agree with me on this???  Fork you listening????  You usually are very good about that

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Rules of Engagement in AVA
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »
Originally posted by captain1ma
do you ever have anything positive to say??? i expected you to show up and have something negative to say. I guess i was right on the money.  didnt your momma ever teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut?? guess not!

since you obviously cant read, the whole point of this thread was a suggestion. nothing more. a set of rules to make the game less gamey.

luckily you showed up to show us the errors of our ways, which is probably why most everyone new has your attitude.

hopefully you will never have any children that grow up to be as mean as you!!

as for my "Long Live Storch" signature, hes a great person and a great pilot. like all great people he does have a few flaws. my signature is my way of supporting him, thats all.

Long Live Storch!!

you are very funny    :rofl
do you ever have anything positive to say

you must have selective vision
didn't your momma ever teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut??

did yours... guess not
was a suggestion. nothing more.

mine too ...i like to sing
most everyone new has your attitude.

You haven't been around long enough to know me or my attitude

hopefully you will never have any children that grow up to be as mean as you!!

Breeding prolificly thank you ,and didn't i invite you to fly with my squad , to wing with me sometime,{in a effort to gain some common ground with you }you never responded , thats not just mean its rude

btw it wasn't ME who said about Storch being in your sig ,as a matter of fact i got ALOT of respect for him

Calm down ankle biter , and btw if you could handle flying with such a mean guy I will still wing with you ,and the invitation is still open
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 03:55:01 PM »
Originally posted by republic
I'm all for don't ask don't tell but man, how many times do I have to tell you, that's not the way I roll!

lol,
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:06:42 PM by 1redrum »
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »
It is war, not the dueling arena; you should expect the enemy to use any advantage he has over you.  That will include numbers, altitude, and vulching; except it, then counter it.  You can bet that I'll take the shot if you give me one; I'm not concerned if your not looking or at a disadvantage.  I'm not being mean here, but like I said second place don't count for much in a war.  
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
Originally posted by lutrel
It is war, not the dueling arena; you should expect the enemy to use any advantage he has over you.  That will include numbers, altitude, and vulching; except it, then counter it.  You can bet that I'll take the shot if you give me one; I'm not concerned if your not looking or at a disadvantage.  I'm not being mean here, but like I said second place don't count for much in a war.  

I am with you.  War is war and it brought people in the arena.  The goal was met.  I don't see what all whining is about.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »
unwritten rules are always the best way.  going back to as far as I can remember the CT/AvA operated on what was essentially a gentleman's agreement.  there was certain behavior that was frowned upon.  the people who understood them never actually had to have them be explained because the rules just made sense to them, the logic of the stuff seemed natural.  the people who did not abide by them refuse to understand them or are incapable of understanding them so no explanation was necessary in either case.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by justguess
unwritten rules are always the best way.  going back to as far as I can remember the CT/AvA operated on what was essentially a gentleman's agreement.  there was certain behavior that was frowned upon.  the people who understood them never actually had to have them be explained because the rules just made sense to them, the logic of the stuff seemed natural.  the people who did not abide by them refuse to understand them or are incapable of understanding them so no explanation was necessary in either case.

Okay I'll guess, hows the weather down there today?:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 05:50:31 PM »
warm and muggy kinda like my beer.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 06:07:26 PM »
Originally posted by justguess
warm and muggy kinda like my beer.

You'd think those guys in JG54 would pitch in and get you a cooler.
Cya in the AVA.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2008, 06:14:15 PM »
I'm guessing rules and preferences are two different things. My preference is for my opponent to use every tool within the legal parameters of the game to defeat me as I will try to do in return.

*ShruG*

Simple.

Now .... chivalry rules ... to me ... have always seemed a result of an inability to cope with frustration (as we're all probably prone to, at times). Heaven help me if I tell someone in this game they're playing unfair when they're playing the game precisely how it was designed to be played.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo

Now .... chivalry rules ... to me ... have always seemed a result of an inability to cope with frustration (as we're all probably prone to, at times). Heaven help me if I tell someone in this game they're playing unfair when they're playing the game precisely how it was designed to be played.

oh you guys are funny.  Frustration?  Stop by the DA and I am sure someone there will show you frustration.  The opposite is happening.  The inability of people to fight, their unwillingness to try and learn, the fact that they cannot accept that sometimes they will get shot down is what leads to posts like this.

all is fair in war.  I ll do anything to shot him down (except learning how to fight), no chivalry, this is not the DA, team work, they HOed in real life, up from a dif base if vulched, bla bla bla bla.  

The fact is, I don;t know of anyone that can put up a fight - win or lose - that has ever posted anything like that.  Always some guy playing for 6 months or so, or someone that after 5 years can only manage to miss a HO before he goes down. Draw your own conclusions.  :rofl   I asked this before.  Do you think playing basketball 2 vs 5 is fun because you can win?  Do you talk smak afterwards too? :rofl

I responded to your post but it is not directed specifically to you
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Frustration?  Stop by the DA and I am sure someone there will show you frustration.  The opposite is happening.  The inability of people to fight, their unwillingness to try and learn, the fact that they cannot accept that sometimes they will get shot down is what leads to posts like this.

Talk about funny. What definition of frustration has a double standard in your book? You're frustrated you "don't get good fights." First off, I bet I could figure out how to get a "good fight" (enjoy the game) on anyone's terms (my own included) short of them logging the moment they see my icon. The other guy's style (or, if you prefer, lack of it) was never a legitimate reason for me to wet in public and be proud about it. I take care of my "class" ... he/she takes care of theirs. With or without the ch 200 mating calls thrown back and forth.

So .... you wanna claim that my unwillingness to try and learn lead up to this post? Work on yours. Learn me. Or don't. Get over it. Or don't. Frankly, Scarlett, you whine too much. You always have. If it makes you feel better ... shoot me down, eh? But whining about it between sorties will only waste your time. I'll be ignoring it and having fun, instead (anticipating my impending return and hardware tweekage/upgrade over the initial couple of tours). Even after you log in disgust. :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 08:48:51 PM »
ah, an old school dust up. Pay attention nooblets.:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rules of Engagement in AVA
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
Originally posted by captain1ma

Maybe we should set forth Rules of engagement In AVA.

1. There never have been any, never will be.

Storch who?!?!?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2008, 08:54:56 PM »
:D