Author Topic: You can't fly from this field error message  (Read 311 times)

Offline gunslingre

• Zinc Member
You can't fly from this field error message
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:41:13 PM »
No matter what field I try to take off from error message comes up and says I can't.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: You can't fly from this field error message
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »
Originally posted by gunslingre
No matter what field I try to take off from error message comes up and says I can't.

Offline? Online? If yes, which arena, which side & wich plane?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:39:45 PM »
My money is on an ENY limit causing the problem.

This is not well defined for starting players.

If your country (Bishop/Knight/Rook) has a significant numbers advantage, you can only take off in aircraft with an ENY value above the ENY limit.  This limit changes over time based on the magnitude of the imbalance.

If that is not the cause, more information about the problem would help in the diagnosis.  Like the answer to all of Lusche's questions.
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline gunslingre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »
I had no problem flying off line. Its when I tried to go online. I was trying all the Green air sites. I did try a coupe of the yellow ones. There was only 6 people in the room I believe. The green room. Although I did then try the next level up and was getting the same thing.
thanks.

Offline gunslingre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »
Oh so does that mean I have to choose a different aircraft in the hanger? I was trying to fly the Hurricane.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »
Originally posted by gunslingre
I had no problem flying off line. Its when I tried to go online. I was trying all the Green air sites. I did try a coupe of the yellow ones. There was only 6 people in the room I believe. The green room. Although I did then try the next level up and was getting the same thing.
thanks.

Ok, step by step.
You can't fly from "yellow air sites". Your own country's fields are always having a green icon on map, any other colour indicates an enemy field - you can't change to or fly from enemy fields. If you would switch sides, all fields of that (your new) country would have green icons then.

The green arena with only 6 people on was the early war arena (EW). Reasons you couldn't fly a specific plane could have been

- you did chose a plane not available in early war (the plane's name would be red in the list in hangar)
- the airfield's hangars are destroyed (again, red plane name in list)
- ENY limits prohibit choice of a certain plane at a given time (you will get a message)
- You chose a so called "perk plane" - you need to gather perk points to fly it. Again, you would get a message.
- You were trying to fly a plane from a Vehicle Field or Port
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline gunslingre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »
OK thanks a lot! I think I may have been trying to fly the wrong plane. I will try again.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »
he was in the early war arena trying to fly a late war model :aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 07:51:42 AM »
If a plane is listed in RED in the hangar list, it is not available.  To see the available planes, simply right-click on the hangar list and check the option which shows only the enabled planes/vehicles.

Arena definations.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com