Author Topic: Allied Recruitment Base  (Read 2897 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Allied Recruitment Base
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 09:03:28 AM »
well that would exclude me shifty, if i was on welfare i wouldnt be playing this game. Again the question is posed, why doesnt your squad fly AVA more often?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 09:12:29 AM »
well that would exclude me shifty, if i was on welfare i wouldnt be playing this game. Again the question is posed, why doesnt your squad fly AVA more often?

Hmm it went over your head, no suprise there though.

Let's see we have four squadnights a week.... On Fridays we're in the FSO, the other three we're in the AVA.... I guess I really shouldn't expect you to be any better at math than you are communicating. :rolleyes:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 09:26:10 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Now THAT got my attention!

Allies join up and come to the AvA. Your 3:1 odds are not enough to defeat the Axis wolves. You must achieve 5:1 odds to protect your uber thongen bendy acrobatic sweet assed babes.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 09:32:40 AM »
trying to get more people in the AVA. unforturnately the negativity is overwhelming. what we should do is get back on track and encourage Allied recruitment. i've also posted in the General Forum to get people to join the Allied side. maybe you guys could all do the same and rather then going on and on about our likes and dislikes, we could encourage people to go into the AVA.

Please, don't try to tell me how much work you're doing for the good of the AVA and how much I should be following your lead. I just got back and I'm pretty sure most of the old CT players could tell you how hard I promoted the CT in the general forum for years. And I (and many of my collegues) went so far as to design CT setups to bring in more Axis players and even switch over when *OUR* favorite rides (F4U, in my case) intimidated Axis players. If you want to consistantly be part of the solution and not be counterproductive to your own claimed goals then I suggest leaving Axis propaganda and recruitment in Axis propaganda and recruitment threads and Allied propaganda and recruitment in Allied propaganda and recruitment threads and leave the chest shoving matches to those who aren't as dedicated to "promoting the AVA" as you are.

And yes ... this same suggestion goes for Allied dedicated AVA players.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
im not trying to tell you anything. i dont even know who you are.  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 10:50:27 AM »
im not trying to tell you anything. i dont even know who you are.  :)

You should know a little bit more now. I'm not being subtle. If you're sincere in your claims then you know what to do at this point. Don't get me wrong, aggressive competition and even theatrical posturing can be fun and even beneficial (if done right). But those who can't handle it well probably need to explore where their stronger positive attributes lay (and this isn't specifically directed at you).

So, I guess the question is, do you really care? If so, how much? I think I'll be able to tell in one post or less. And just so you don't feel singled out ... I'll also be able to tell in those who respond in kind. I'm gauging the atmosphere at this very moment. I love promoting AH's more historically based enviroments. To me the "CT" was home and all the other arenas (with possible exception of events, time to time) were just places to hone myself for the real fun. But I won't participate as much if those I participate with have a regular habit of sabotaging my and their own efforts when the the line between good-natured fun and blatant immaturity becomes blurred to them more often than not.  I don't care if they're a devoted Axis pilot/squadron member or an Allied one ... as long as their devotion to their side/squad doesn't end up dictating practices that are more damaging than beneficial to the AVA arena.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 10:52:51 AM »
:rofl

No, theyre really just loudmouthed welfare recipients, Betaboy.

And just to be fair ....

Aggressive competition and even theatrical posturing can be fun and even beneficial (if done right). But those who can't handle it well probably need to explore where their stronger positive attributes lay.

So, I guess the question is, do you really care? If so, how much? I think I'll be able to tell in one post or less. And just so you don't feel singled out ... I'll also be able to tell in those who respond in kind. I'm gauging the atmosphere at this very moment. I love promoting AH's more historically based enviroments. To me the "CT" was home and all the other arenas (with possible exception of events, time to time) were just places to hone myself for the real fun. But I won't participate as much if those I participate with have a regular habit of sabotaging my and their own efforts when the the line between good-natured fun and blatant immaturity becomes blurred to them more often than not.  I don't care if they're a devoted Axis pilot/squadron member or an Allied one ... as long as their devotion to their side/squad doesn't end up dictating practices that are more damaging than beneficial to the AVA arena.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »
I'm thinking of a number between 1-100 Arlo can you tell me what it is???

:D

P.S.  Don't waste your time with that one.
It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »
69. You perv.  :t

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 11:11:38 AM »
SEKayBay

Silent Executioners

Reporting for Duty Sir. 
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »
Put me on this List

Crims   

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:38:30 AM by crims »
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 11:45:11 AM »
I love promoting AH's more historically based enviroments. To me the "CT" was home and all the other arenas (with possible exception of events, time to time) were just places to hone myself for the real fun.

I know I was there with ya big fella, just under another name. ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 01:02:16 PM »
69. You perv.  :t

Damnit!!  He is a mind reader.
It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »