Author Topic: But why would they do it? (carriers)  (Read 767 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
But why would they do it? (carriers)
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »
Looking at the screen shots of the new ships, i started connecting the dots.

(other than they realy simply needed updating)
People have (for the past few years) begged for new maps.
A while back there were post's of a map being made, that showed pacific type ground detail, aswell as palm tree's

Im probably wrong, but i think we will get a new map to test these new cv's out in. Not to mention the p39 is mainly a PTO Aircraft.

*Hint*

Anyone else?
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: But why would they do it? (carriers)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:36:42 PM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th
. Not to mention the p39 is mainly a PTO Aircraft.

Considering the number of planes used by Soviets and the long timespan of it's usage, it's not unreasonable to say it's mainly an Eastern Front Aircraft ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:55 PM »
A while back there were post's of a map being made, that showed pacific type ground detail, aswell as palm tree's

The CM Terrain Team makes terrains for the CM Team to use in special events. The CM Team creates events independent of what HTC is planning, so the CM Team will do PTO, ETO, MTO style events that need maps accordingly.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: Re: But why would they do it? (carriers)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:58:54 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Considering the number of planes used by Soviets and the long timespan of it's usage, it's not unreasonable to say it's mainly an Eastern Front Aircraft ;)

I still can't get over how big the front landing gear is on that plane. Considering it's a mid engine plane, I would have thought they would have done a rear tail gear vs a nose gear when designing that plane.
"strafing"

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:18:11 AM »
They did originally, but there were issues raising the tail on take-off so the rear mains were shifted and a training (nose) wheel was added early in the development process.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:50:31 AM »
One of the biggest problems with the P39 and the PTO,was the limited range of the "Irondog".On the Eastern front the airfields were close to the front lines,and the combat altitudes were lower.
IronDog

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:47:56 AM »
Mindnao used to have Palm trees.  I wish they'd bring Mindy back (with the Palm trees).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10:05 AM »
Looking at the screen shots of the new ships, i started connecting the dots.

(other than they realy simply needed updating)

Im probably wrong, but i think we will get a new map to test these new cv's out in. Not to mention the p39 is mainly a PTO Aircraft.

*Hint*

Anyone else?

Well the P-39 was used in North Africa (tuskeegee Airmen) for a while and lots of them were well received by the Soviets under the lend lease program and the Soviet pilots loved em.  They weren't just used in the south pacific.

All the Best...
     Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »
On the subject of map making.

Map making is:

A. Difficult to a degree.
B. Tedious.
C. Time Consuming.
and
D. There are stringent requirements that must be met for a map to be used in the arena's. The CM team isn't hindered by HTCs rules for MA maps though I assume they do use some of HTCs guidelines.
Also
E. All maps must be thoroughly tested not only by the designer but by HTC staff to ensure that the map doesn't hinder game play through to many bugs.

Lastly with the demise of H2H there is not a readily available arena to have folks test your maps.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »
Well i personally want to see the Donut map back in the game, it had a few bit of flaws but they could be fixed really really easily...

I am aware of people complaining about how the Donut map's fighter lake bases could be taken and would ruin all their fun, well my suggestion is make it uncapturable. But make downtime for fighter hangars and Vh like 30 min instead of 15 i guess..... just my 2 cents.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes