Author Topic: HTC: GV Graphics Turned Down :(  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
HTC: GV Graphics Turned Down :(
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008, 09:19:22 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Actually yes, the same thing can be used in an airplane against GV's. Makes it much easier to spot GV's to bomb. How else do you think level bombers spot GV's hiding in trees.

They're pretty easy to spot. From my experience with them, level bombers dont really spot you anyway, they just carpet bomb a general area where GV's are.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 09:29:02 PM »
Thank You.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2008, 09:29:51 PM »
Originally posted by Motherland
They're pretty easy to spot. From my experience with them, level bombers dont really spot you anyway, they just carpet bomb a general area where GV's are.

well trust me they can do it..
"strafing"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2008, 09:31:04 PM »
Actually yes, the same thing can be used in an airplane against GV's. Makes it much easier to spot GV's to bomb. How else do you think level bombers spot GV's hiding in trees.

don't use planes much do you either that or you have ICONS turned off.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2008, 09:55:59 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
don't use planes much do you either that or you have ICONS turned off.

You can't see GV Icons 10 miles away.. However if you turn your graphics down you can see GV's 10 miles away because there are no trees or barns or city buildings in the way.

This is not a GV vs GV only problem.
"strafing"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2008, 09:58:10 PM »
You can't see GV Icons 10 miles away.. However if you turn your graphics down you can see GV's 10 miles away because there are no trees or barns or city buildings in the way.

This is not a GV vs GV only problem.

Whens the last time you hit a GV 10 miles away from an airplane? You have to be right on top of it (literally...) and at that range its easy to spot anyway.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »
Nobody said he hit it, however I'm sure he could direct friendly GVs and anti-GV aircraft from that distance directly on top of it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
There is also a range for ground objects key press.

makes it so you can see gv's and other ground targets much further out, set to short range by default.

*opens pandora's box*
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2008, 10:43:01 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
On the other hand, being in a GV so close to all the ground clutter and trees eats up a LOT more FPS than being in the air in a furball.

I remember back before my computer update I could fly around with 40+ FPS but the SECOND I jumped into a GV I was barely getting 10 fps.

Zooming in made me get 1 frame every 2-4 seconds.

That used to be true, but isn't anymore.  HTC made a significant improvement in the rendering engine awhile ago.  Now when you zoom in, the fps actually goes up (which it should since with a smaller FOV there are fewer trees to render).

Hitech: thank you for fixing this (the detail thingie that is, thank you for the prior improved fps as well).  Due to the vagries of hit detection with trees and little hills, it was entirely possible to actually shoot through some hills if you could see the tank behind them by turning down detail.  [I don't mean lobbing shells over a hill, I mean straight through them.]  That kinda significantly subtracted from the GV experience.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2008, 10:57:08 PM »
Originally posted by Motherland
Whens the last time you hit a GV 10 miles away from an airplane? You have to be right on top of it (literally...) and at that range its easy to spot anyway.

That's not the point.. The point is bombers can see you way out just like other GV's can.. They then have plenty of time to line up and bomb the hell out of you.

Granted it's not anywhere as big of a problem as the issue is with GV vs GV's but it is pretty annoying none the less.
"strafing"

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »
Get a joystick and fly an airplane and there is no problem.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 11:09:28 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Get a joystick and fly an airplane and there is no problem.

Exactly!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Leayme

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »
Speaking as a Ground Attacker in a fighter bomber, I have graphics set to full detail and as any Rook (the ones I tend to work with) can tell you, I spot GV's easily from long distance.

The reason being, because I have come to know what to look for when I am hunting them and this includes the ones working their way thru the tree's. It isn't exploiting a flaw or a bug, you will just find that those of us who concentrate on attacking Gv's in a personal manner, with a single bomb or salvoed rockets, learn to look for the little details, that tell us where you are as we approach. Half the time I am on an approach run, before I ever see an Icon and at times, if Flaks are present, I am dropping from outside Icon range aiming to drop long, to make up for an altered approach and to keep my tail feathers from being singed.

I would speculate, that most if not all the players who use fighter bombers to hunt GV's (outside of base defense) don't use any shortcuts, to accomplish this.

On the topic at hand, I am glad the oversight is being fixed and will most likely be found tooling around in a panzer more often.

Thank You Hitech

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2008, 09:49:19 AM »
Originally posted by Leayme
Speaking as a Ground Attacker in a fighter bomber, I have graphics set to full detail and as any Rook (the ones I tend to work with) can tell you, I spot GV's easily from long distance.

The reason being, because I have come to know what to look for when I am hunting them and this includes the ones working their way thru the tree's. It isn't exploiting a flaw or a bug, you will just find that those of us who concentrate on attacking Gv's in a personal manner, with a single bomb or salvoed rockets, learn to look for the little details, that tell us where you are as we approach. Half the time I am on an approach run, before I ever see an Icon and at times, if Flaks are present, I am dropping from outside Icon range aiming to drop long, to make up for an altered approach and to keep my tail feathers from being singed.

I would speculate, that most if not all the players who use fighter bombers to hunt GV's (outside of base defense) don't use any shortcuts, to accomplish this.

On the topic at hand, I am glad the oversight is being fixed and will most likely be found tooling around in a panzer more often.

Thank You Hitech

You are correct.  Most times in my F6F5 I am either vectored by a friendly to the enemy GV's location or I see the enemy GV firing.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »
If this 'fix' prevents other gv's from nailing me when I'm hiding behind a hill...please...hurry up with the patch.