Author Topic: Easier To Fly In Trial Version Than Paid Membership?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
Easier To Fly In Trial Version Than Paid Membership?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »
It is a ballance issue, when you were playing the free trial your wallet had $15.00 in it, then you signed up and paid the man $15.00, now your wallet is out of ballance and your off a bit. Or like everybody else says, it's all in your head. Welcome
Game name ToeTag

Offline Supaf1y

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 09:33:19 AM »
Originally posted by bergy
It is a ballance issue, when you were playing the free trial your wallet had $15.00 in it, then you signed up and paid the man $15.00, now your wallet is out of ballance and your off a bit. Or like everybody else says, it's all in your head. Welcome

Bergy, I would like to do more research into your explanation of why flying felt different after I parted with my $. If you would like me to help prove your theory then please PM me so that I can give you my address so that you can send the test subjects to me. ;)
Brock "Supaf1y" Santini

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
quote]  Hello AH community. After quite awhile away, I'm back. I haven't played in a few years, but I still remember the basics  [Former EskimoJoe]

yaaaay  Can't wait to hear ya wining every time ya get killed, ya know,  like you used to in the h2h arena?

Wait a minute that might have been eskmojoe......  sorry if I was wrong.  :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 10:26:50 AM by beddog »
:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 09:56:56 AM »
Welcome to the addiction... Watch out for that wife/kid ack, it's more deadly than an LTAR in an ostwind!
:aok
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 12:01:04 PM »
You know, it's funny.. I think I kind of know what he's talking about.  Not the trial/subscription difference, but..

Well sometimes when I up a plane.. it simply feels 'heavier' than usual.  Seems to require a bit more up elevator and seems a bit slower... almost like it's lugging around twice as much fuel.

It also seems when the planes fly like this, shortly after I get a disconnect.  Basically, when I'm having a 'bad internet' day, the planes fly like this.

When they fly very light and maneuverable, then I almost never get a disco.

I guess it's latency related somehow .

Offline Supaf1y

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 02:11:24 PM »
I figured out what it was. For some reason my controller went out of calibration after I signed up for paid membership. The timing was probably just coincidence but after recalibrating this morning and then taking to the air all was well.

Went in to late war, I think, and scored my first 2 kills. I was shot down once and the 2nd chap I pumped full of holes collided with me so I had to bail. Fun, fun & fun!

On a side note I have been wondering what aircraft to start out with until I get better and I think I have made a decision...Spit VIII. :aok
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 02:16:08 PM by Supaf1y »
Brock "Supaf1y" Santini

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »
Originally posted by Supaf1y
I figured out what it was. For some reason my controller went out of calibration after I signed up for paid membership. The timing was probably just coincidence but after recalibrating this morning and then taking to the air all was well.

Lol, I was about to tell you that. I presume you have SST installed, thus, you can't calibrate the stick in Windows anymore... it self-calibrate, but from time to time you have to calibrate it again using the game calibration tool. It happens with my X52, too.

Welcome to AH, you'll never get rid of it! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
I have to recalibrate my Saitek stick every time I sign on. :(
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 02:29:29 PM »
Red get a powered USB hub. That will help a lot.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Easier To Fly In Trial Version Than Paid Membership?
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
It is just you. Same program, same settings.

We all have good and bad days, even good and bad weeks. One tour I excel, then I suck for days without end.

totally agree, i will have days i come on and just am riping cons out of the sky like nothing, and then i got days where im gettin pwnd every time i up

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline TheFinale

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »
I have had that same experience.  The thing is AH takes so much more from the player than almost any other video game.  This makes different flights seem like different games when you get tired, bored, mad, stressed, etc.  That is what I love about it.  I never get killed by the guy who is saying, "Ahhh... whatever... I am just running around shootin' people."