Author Topic: Aces HIGH II for MAC?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
Works like a charm via Boot Camp.  You'll need an XP disk with Service Pack 2 on it.

Really easy to install.  Leopard has Boot Camp as a standard feature.  I suppose you can use Parallels or the like.  I've not tried that.

There's only 1 thing you have to do: HTC Folder > Rt Click on the Black Spade icon > left clk the "Compatibility Tab."

Now I forget which one I chose . . . Want to say Windows Me/98 or something like that.  Only 1 worked for me, and it was easy to find.

When it's wrong, you get a sorta of spinning clipboard and VERY weird stuff on your end.  When you pick the right one, it's all good.

Rock solid 60 fps, 24" monitor on my iMac.  Has 2 gigs of memory and the good nVidia card.

Right click a Mac??????
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 03:28:22 PM »
Yup. I have a logitec mouse plugged in right now.  Also, when playing AH, you're on Windows.  And the regular mouse works same way using either OS.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »
Warbirds  looks okay, but the play  just sux, no really really really sux, did i stress that enough? the fact that it sux?
   i got a free month to warbirds to see for myself, lame...
 the planes are way to touchy.
the blackout and redout is way over done, there is more...
 but ACES HIGH hands down, kicks its prettythang

do whatever you got to do

once you are in the skies of AH you will understand what i mean,
no game ever made me shake with adreniline,  UNTILL AH,  ive had such great fights my whole body is shaking.
    ya warbirds might have the edge in graphics but i(and most here) fly AH for the fun, the fight,  when you are deep in a furball say of 30 planes or more theres nothing quit like that.or when 1 nme makes you work your prettythang off and fights you harder then 3.
   okay ill also say there are all DIFFERENT types of players here some who love the fuball(me)
some love dropping eggs,
others love GVn, in AH its all possable
even if you want to be a
ACK huggin, HOin no ACM, alt monkey, hourding,Vulching, runnin ect... ect...

Aces High is where its at.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
How do you guys like the game? Strength's weaknesses? Community?
Been here many years. Love the sim. Biggest strength is you can pick up the phone, call HTC and speak to a person. A person actually answers the phone. In this day and age that is remarkable. Weakness? Since they choose to stay small we often go a while without any updates. Community? Like any other they have lots of positive and helpful players and some not so positive and helpful. I am sure every sim community has the guys that get bent if you don't fly and fight according to their rules and we have  them here.

Best of luck defndr. Hope you find years of enjoyment here. :) I will be happy to help any way I can. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
AH will run on an iMac, with Boot camp...don't think Boot camp will run on a non Intel CPU. Might want to check out Parallels.  Also might want to install KB896256 Hot fix patch for XP..solves the "spinning clipboard" bug.

dentin
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 05:42:02 PM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
Right click a Mac??????

Right click function has been around in Mac OS for over 5 years.

Offline bparker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 12:17:54 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex
Right click function has been around in Mac OS for over 5 years.

Yeah, Steve Jobs finially broke down and gave those fools a right click..LMFAO
= Wings Of Terror =
= We Own SkyRock =

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 01:33:52 AM »
Originally posted by defndr
How do you guys like the game? Strength's weaknesses? Community?

I love it. Strengths include great graphics, lots of aircraft (with plenty updates coming soon) great community, lots of skins, excellent flight/damage models (although some minor problems exist, it's still great compared to other games)

I really can't think of anything bad about this game, except some amount of "squeakers" on Ch. 200 (kids with high pitched voices that always complain and use "1337 sp3@k")
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »
Defndr, be careful with that laptop.. don't just buy one expecting it to run AH well.

While it's specs are more than enough for this game, you didn't specify what type of graphics it has.  *MOST* laptops don't have powerful enough graphics for smooth gameplay.

Fell free to add to those specs, and we'll be able to give better advice.

Offline Hoagi

• Zinc Member
Aces HIGH II for MAC?
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 12:19:34 PM »
Fugitive:

I take great offense to you saying that 'we' are addicted.  I for one am not addicted.  I can stop anytime I want.  Actually, today I did stop, from 0800 to 1630, (those being my hours at work have nothing to do with it).  So, therefore I am not addicted.   .......BS, we are addicted.  I admit.

Hello, my name is Hoagey, and I am an AcesHighaholic.  AND IM NOT GOING TO QUIT, SO DEAL WITH IT.