Author Topic: The ground war  (Read 612 times)

Offline captrio

• Zinc Member
The ground war
« on: February 28, 2008, 01:38:34 PM »
How's that works?

You simply get a tank and shoot the enemy base? Or are there tactics, formations, team-work ?

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
The ground war
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
The ground war
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 04:44:04 PM »
best bet here is to find a trainer in the TA and ask for some help with GVs or you can find a squad in one of the Main Arenas and ask them for some help.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Wraith

• Zinc Member
Re: The ground war
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »
Originally posted by captrio
How's that works?

You simply get a tank and shoot the enemy base? Or are there tactics, formations, team-work ?

Yes.  Tankers cooperate more than pilots.  They need to in order to get anything done.  It's alot more complicated then you'd think, at times.
-\/\/R/-\IT|-|

"The only two things that fall from the sky is manna from heaven, and your plane."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The ground war
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:26:22 AM »
Originally posted by Wraith
Tankers cooperate more than pilots.

I'm sorry but that's just not true.  You must be flying with or around the wrong people (or they just don't like you :D  ).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: The ground war
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 02:55:46 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
I'm sorry but that's just not true.  You must be flying with or around the wrong people (or they just don't like you :D  ).
i agree but i disagree. If you have just friendlie GV's around then you need to tell one another where the enemy GV's are so the minimum amount of people get killed. but if you have friendly pilots/GV's around then the pilots could starfe the GV's and tell you were they are. if its only pilots around then it (i fell like this is it) takes the same amount of communication.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
The ground war
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 04:32:59 PM »
There is no "ground war" in this game. There are ground vehicles, though. These GVs can be used to attack bases, but often times you'll find them clustered around the spawn points, either picking off new entries, or being picked off. Some folks even go so far as to park outside the hangar and shoot GVs rolling from it.

When used against towns they can be helpful, and even effective. However, the interaction of GVs with other GVs and objects and even the ground itself, is not very GV-like. It's because the game itself is a flight model based game, not a ground model based game.

Other than that, it can be fun to try and shoot GVs while in a GV, just don't expect it to be like the real war was :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
The ground war
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 04:39:06 PM »
Gv'ers tend to work more together because ya see the same guys in the same battles all the time, and ya tend to stay in range-vox range with each other for a lot longer than say, if you were in a LA7---they all tend to become friends, and as such, help each other out---it's quite fun, and you needn't pay as much attention to goings on as in an airplane:aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
The ground war
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »
I'm just saying there is a lot of communcation between pilots.  Particularily when it comes to clearing sixes and setting cons up to be killed.  In most normal "fight" situations, there's a lot more chatter between pilots than there is between GVers and there should be as the action is much quicker and less predictable.

I spend about the same amount of time in GVs as I do fighters so I know the differences and similarities quite well.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
The ground war
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 06:05:28 AM »
actually, imma have to say BaldEgl is right. Fighters do have more communication.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato