Author Topic: Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
Being the simple man I am, simple solutions appeal to me. Breaking down the current dilemma here and trying to reduce it to it's base common denominators I've defined the root elements of multiple simple equations:

A = disparity

B = skill

C = planeset

D = challenge

E = fun

F = success

The only variables seem to be perspective. Let's see if we can arrive at some common ground. Let's presume a majority consensus within perspective groups for simplicity sake (knowing well that anomolies may exist on each side):

Axis group claims the definition of the Allied group is A = B

Allied group claims the definition of the AVA setup is A = C

Allied group claims that current C increases D and decreases E

Axis group claims current C increases D and E

Axis claims B = F without A + C a factor

Axis group claims Allied B  = (- Axis D) while also claiming their choice in C is to create more D for themselves due to an overabundance of Axis B and a disparity of Allied B.

However, a B deficit on either side has a direct relation to the other side's D causing a D deficit (if common sense is to factor in).

If Axis C = Axis D = Axis E then (Allied - B) = (- Axis D) = (- Axis E) to a degree (any of which the Axis group should be glad to diminish if not eliminate).

Even with disagreement on the previous formula there should be somewhat of an agreement on the final line. It being the focus of an arrived solution.

If fun = challenge and the Allies aren't providing one ... *AND* ... if Axis pilots F = B while Allied pilots - F = - B ... then why don't the Axis pilots train the Allied pilots? No ... not just fight them from the cockpit of an Axis plane in the AVA (not unless the Axis group really *doesn't* want a challenge). Let's see the top three Axis hotdogs take planes of the Allied groups choosing while surrendering their preferred rides to Allied student opponents and go to the DA and make films complete with audio for training purposes.

This kills two birds with one stone. It firmly establishes pilot skill superiority *and* helps rookie Allied pilots over the learning curve hump so the fun challenge for the Axis pilots can increase and they won't get bored suddenly when the planeset goes latewar and the Allies have the Spit V or Hellcat or ... whatever.

And ... to make it fair (and even more interesting ... the top three Allied hotdogs can embarrass themselves by returning the favor.

Call it ... the AVA hotdog challenge. Or ... if you will .... "Top Gun School" (the best pilots always fly opposing force, right?)

Dis-cuss. :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 08:36:33 AM by Arlo »

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »
I like soup.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:33:06 AM »
I'm sure he likes you back. Maybe just as much. ;)

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 10:45:07 AM »
I like chicken pot pie

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »
Originally posted by justguess
I like chicken pot pie

I guessed that the moment you fell off the short bus, Storch. So, up for training up those who aren't presenting you much challenge? Me included? :D

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 10:57:13 AM »
arlo your rhetoric is both mystifying and dizzying.  I went blank.  but if the gist of your tome is will I help teach the allieds to improve then my answer is yes and I have been doing precisely that now for quite some time.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
Originally posted by justguess
arlo your rhetoric is both mystifying and dizzying.  I went blank.  but if the gist of your tome is will I help teach the allieds to improve then my answer is yes and I have been doing precisely that now for quite some time.

Oh ... I've seen the posts. I've even seen some hints in the field. My challenge is more pro-active. It involves both putting money where the mouth is and investing it in fellow players to make your AHII experience (and theirs) better.

If you need the suggestion un-dizzyfied and the post to cut to the chase:

Volunteer to be a "Top Gun" AVA instructor flying *both* Axis and Allied aircraft against student volunteers in a balanced enviroment in the DA with film and instructional vox. There's nothing like hands-on training from both perspectives provided by a trainer that can not only explain how to win (a dogfight) from either perspective but show it.

^That's it. You can even stop reading here, if you want. Or not. Cause I'm gonna needle ya now. :D

Why not return the favor the community bestowed on both of us when it's virtual aces gave a bit of their time to us rookies to make the arena less boring for them. It's just ACM. It's not gaming secrets. Got the package? I'm rusty. C'mon. I'm as eager to praise as I'm sure a worthy "Top Gun" is to be. :D

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 11:21:05 AM »
arlo dear lad I have been doing just that for quite some time now.  last night with stixx.  I take anyone who asks and spend an hour or so 1v1 or as a group with JG54 in the DA with them.

shane did that with me long ago and I found it immensely helpful, shane asked me to do the same for others and I have.

why do you think we have so many good players in JG54?  they weren't always JG54 members yaknow.

;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 11:27:11 AM »
Well, Storch, `ol son, good on yas. You got another two (or more) willing to kick in theirs? It'll all be good. All who humble themselves, eh? I bet I can stir up some willing students (self included). And not having them all assimilated (eventually) into JG54 as a result isn't really tragic. If anything, just the opposite. Wanna kinda make this a bit more formal?

I'll make ya famous. :D

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »
Storch was a great help to me when I was a noob. First time I flew a 109 in the AvA I was being chased, Storch come on vox.

"I'm almost there, don't do anything stupid".

I pull straight up with the bad guy on my tail, and hear,

"like that..."

*BOOM* tower

I learned an important lesson that day. Success is a matter of not doing anything stupid and we should all be lucky enough to have someone as generous as Storch to let us know when we are being so.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Storch was a great help to me when I was a noob. First time I flew a 109 in the AvA I was being chased, Storch come on vox.

"I'm almost there, don't do anything stupid".

I pull straight up with the bad guy on my tail, and hear,

"like that..."

*BOOM* tower

I learned an important lesson that day. Success is a matter of not doing anything stupid and we should all be lucky enough to have someone as generous as Storch to let us know when we are being so.

True dat.  Storch knows stupid and stupid knows storch :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 03:39:15 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
True dat.  Storch knows stupid and stupid knows storch :lol
and here he is stupid himself posting some more.  whatsthematter deadalot wear out your welcome in the MA already? ;)

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Well, Storch, `ol son, good on yas. You got another two (or more) willing to kick in theirs? It'll all be good. All who humble themselves, eh? I bet I can stir up some willing students (self included). And not having them all assimilated (eventually) into JG54 as a result isn't really tragic. If anything, just the opposite. Wanna kinda make this a bit more formal?

I'll make ya famous. :D
arlo if anything I will accept schooling from you.  there are lots of players whom we have helped along the way and are in other squads.  I just don't make a big deal about it because in reality it should not be a big deal I believe we all have an obligation to help those that want help to be the best they can be.  to teach is really but to learn twice and I am a habitual student.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
- William Arthur Ward (1921 1994)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Hmmmmm ... yaknow ....
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »
I appreciate the compliment but TK put a whoopin on me this am that flat out hoit. I know you might think I'm kidding or being sarcastic. I actually thought it was an epiphany of sorts. You're already doing it to recruit members. How about publisizing it to promote the arena  .... and ... build a lil goodwill. I know ... I know ... the "hate" is tradition (as far back as AW) and fun ... but ....

:D