Author Topic: Windows Vista problem  (Read 576 times)

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Windows Vista problem
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:09:05 PM »
I recently just got a new computer that has vista installed, and on my good old XP when i would take screen shots they would automaticly appear in teh Aces High II folder under program Files but with vista they dont! where do i go to view my photo's?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:14:01 AM by Skuzzy »
OEF 11-12

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Windows Vista problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:54:24 PM »
Try searching for the 'ahiiterr' folder.  The screenshots should be in the same place.  If you are not the administrator for your computer, and you are not if you did not install Vista, then Vista puts all your files in a user specific folder.  It's a new feature of Vista called 'User Access Control'.

If you want all your files back where they used to be, then you would have needed to run the AH2113.EXE installer using a right-click and selecting "Run as Administrator" option.  

Then after that, you would have to right-click on the Aces High II startup ICON and select "Run as Administrator" every time you wanted to run the game.

I went ahead and makde a sticky in this forum for this issue.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:56:56 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
Re: Windows Vista problem
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 10:51:11 AM »
Skuzzy, where is this user access control found on vista? I have the home premium crap version.

thanks

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:54:52 AM »
still need answer please

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »
I am in the middle of re-installing Vista on another box as I have moved off of it for work due to to many issues getting in the way of doing my job.

I do not recall off the top of my head where UAC is controlled, but I do know that it is not something you want to disable after your computer hae been running a while or it could make a mess of all your applications.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »
UAC can be disabled in the control panel through either user accounts or security center.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 08:36:45 PM »
misunderstood what UAC was, I still need to find out where vista is storing my screenshots, films are where they are supposed to be.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 10:52:52 AM »
misunderstood what UAC was, I still need to find out where vista is storing my screenshots, films are where they are supposed to be.

Did you check this other thread? http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,228646.0.html

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »
Click on "recently downloaded items" for some reason my vista cp was putting them there when i first started using it. Never did find out what fixed it as it just quit sending them there after awhile.

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 02:36:34 PM »
I have vista and my screenshots show up in /programfiles/HTC/Aces High II directory. Not sub directory

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 06:08:26 AM »
I have vista and my screenshots show up in /programfiles/HTC/Aces High II directory. Not sub directory

That means you are the administrator for your computer as well as a user.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »
why does vista just HAVE to be such a pain in the butt?why can't they just leave the basic setup more like XP,but noooo,we gota have all our special BS that hides the file you need somewhere else,if you ask me,UAC is one of the stupidest things ive ever heard of

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 05:24:50 PM »
UAC can be disabled in the control panel through either user accounts or security center.

If you do that, it will screw up any applications that were affected by UAC, including Aces High II.  UAC can only be properly disabled immediately after the operating system is installed, before any applications are installed.

That is due to where all the files are placed by UAC when it is active.  Disable it and Vista will lose those files.

UAC is one of the many jokes being foisted on the end user all in the name of Microsoft trying to protect the user form himself.  It really is a worthless option and only makes it more difficult to administer your computer.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:27:59 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese