Author Topic: Terrain Tiles...?  (Read 485 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Terrain Tiles...?
« on: March 04, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
OK, I downloaded every map last night ( main arena's and custom). I flew a
short trip in each map and noticed there are not to many, to no new terrain tiles. The ONLY one i noticed that was different was the snow map ( which was obvious).

I wasn't looking for custom objects just terrain tiles. Mindando had "farmland" tiles going up cliffs, could this just be my computer or not clearing the cache? A few maps didn't even transition correctly and looked clearly as if i was flying over a chess board. I'm hoping it is just my computer It isn't really fast, My gaming computer is in work running new graphics plotters.

Even the North African Map had the same tiles as Donut, Mundando, Pizza,
Etc, Is this correct?

NUTTZ

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Terrain Tiles...?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
Some maps (Japan for example) had tiles but HTC changed terrain features after  it's completion which is why the tiles don't have proper transitions.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Terrain Tiles...?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
TY for responding, so most maps have HTC default tiles?

I would like to see some other maps with new terrain tiles, Could you tell me which ones they are?

BTW i saw a wind mill and moving blades  pretty cool.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Raptor
Some maps (Japan for example) had tiles but HTC changed terrain features after  it's completion which is why the tiles don't have proper transitions.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Terrain Tiles...?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:15:34 PM »
Nuttz, the issue with terrain textures thus far has been they require object tiles as well (Object Tiles include all clutter). Karelia had textures as well, I don't recall if it has been fixed yet or not. Admittedly I have been busy with RL and my terrain progress has been very slow.
I began working on Jungle Tiles (texture and object) for Japan and other Pacific Theatre terrains and am near completion.

Italy has custom tile textures.

Midway does not have any tiles at all, however it is an example of what can be done in AH2 now with custom objects. You will notice the coral and the water around the island act like water instead of the land mass from AH1's Midway.

Aluetian uses winter textures as well.

avasl has some custom textures to it.