Author Topic: Just wondering...  (Read 508 times)

Offline Spiritwind

• Zinc Member
Just wondering...
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:24:49 PM »
     Hello all.  I just discovered AH2 about a week ago and have loved it.  I've spent most of my time offline practicing so I can have at least the basics down when I start flying online.  I am currently having an issue with landing and haven't been able to find an appropriate answer so I thought I might get some feedback here.  When landing at I have no issues, that I am aware of, lining things up, reducing speed and altitude.  However for some reson I can only get my landing gear down about 10% of the time.  I've remapped the key to other keys and even mapped it to my joystick and I still am having trouble.  Is there a speed limit on being able to put gear down or something similar that I am just missing?
     I feel like I'm close to making the jump from Single A ball but this one little pain is frustrating the heck out of me.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate all I can get.  Thanks!
Melias

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Just wondering...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:29:52 PM »
Yes there is a speed limit. Depending on plane type, it usually varies between 160-200 mph. (Except F4U's where the gear also acts as a dive brake and can be deploayed at much higher speeds)

If you get too fast with deployed gear, you will rip it off - indicated by red gear status lights in cockpit.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »
What Lusche is trying to say is, In most planes you MUST have your speed below 150 before your gear will come down.   :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 01:38:06 PM »
What Lusche is trying to say is, In most planes you MUST have your speed below 150 before your gear will come down.   :D

I was only trying?  :huh  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »
I was only trying?  :huh  :D

next time lets work on succeeding!    :aok 

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »

:rofl
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »

Apparently I need help & training  :lol

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
How about...

Controls for deploying gear and flaps are locked out if you are going faster than their rated deployment speed.  That speed varies between specific plane models, but it is typically between 160-200mph for gear, and 150-250 for flaps.

:)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 02:59:23 PM »
How about...

Controls for deploying gear and flaps are locked out if you are going faster than their rated deployment speed.  That speed varies between specific plane models, but it is typically between 160-200mph for gear, and 150-250 for flaps.

:)

ahhhhh, we be but humble pirates here, them be some fancy words you be using!   ;)

Offline Spiritwind

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »
Ahh that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure.  :)

Thanks for the quick replies!
Melias

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 05:51:33 PM »
  Spirit,

You might want to check out the Training Arena,there's lots of friendly PPl. there who would gladly help you out. Also Trainers are available to help if ACM and answer any questions you might have.

BTW the damage is turned off in this arena,so you dont have to worry about being shot down :aok