Author Topic: Fw-190 A8  (Read 815 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fw-190 A8
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »
Yep, landed 6 GV kills in an F-8 one night without re-arming.  The rockets are amazing.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 11:04:01 PM »
Third: Turn tracers OFF. They do not help. They hurt.

This is a generalisation I can not let stand uncommented.
It varies much from player to player. Many players do benefit from turning off tracers, but also there are some (many? most?) that do suffer. For example myself.
At various points in my career, from being barely able to hit at all to being the good shot I am now (shameless chesthumping, yes i know) I did try to fight without tracers.
Unlike many other pilots, I was doing fine at first. But after 1-2 days, my aim started to suffer. My hit% started to drop. Slowly first, but then faster and faster until basically being halved after 5-6 days. This was each time I tried it, four attempts total, each about a week long. I would really like to fly without tracers, for it has some advantages, but it just doesn't work for me in the long run.
It seems that I need the constant visual feedback to keep my feeling for the ballistics & proper angles.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 07:58:09 AM »
Auto fuel selection DOES burn aft first.

You are wrong in saying I think otherwise. I'm against folks that say "burn fwd first"

FYI you *can* pull more Gs if you burn off your aft tank first. It's not just a "feel" but there's a way to test it. Try pulling out of a vertical dive-bomb with a full aft tank and no fwd tank, and you will rip your wings off easily. Do the same with a full fwd and no aft, and you won't. Burning aft tank first is best.

EDIT: Only exception is to burn the AUX first (again, Auto Fuel does this first also! Leave it on auto!) because of stability problems when it has fuel in it.

i have never snapped my wings off doing it my way. not saying your wrong just saying i have never snapped my wings off in a 190. had them shot of tho lots of times
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey