Author Topic: When is a HO not a HO?  (Read 2400 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: When is a HO not a HO?
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »
really classy misspelling of my name up there blauk, really classy.  now your points and argument were not read and I don't really care what you said.  lemme know when you'd like to be a little more civil.

:huh
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2008, 03:42:05 PM »
No HO there! :salute no question about it :aok
of course in real life it still would not be a ho cause the whiner would be dead
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »
Heres the point I have to make. even if he didn't take that shot, you would have pulled right on his 6 and taken iut his tail.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »
Cee64

What a couple of the guys might trying to point out is that if you continue to take the HO shots you will remain "not a great stick and get shot down a lot" . While you are shooting on the merge (and most likely missing) , your opponent has already gained an unassailable position on your 6. When you begin to realise that taking a HO shot negates your opportunity to perform a position winning lead turn (which is basically the most important maneuver in a 1-1 dogfight)  you might then have a chance of becoming a good stick.  Try it - and then tell 10 friends   ;)

Surprisingly,  I usually get shot from behind by somebody who simply beat me in the merge and got on my six, or someone I never saw in the first place.  I'm still learning, and lead turns take a little more judgement than I've learned just yet.  I'll get it, never doubt it.  Until then though, I'm willing to take a calculated risk.  I'm not the guy who typically runs off to land every kill; scoreing isn't that big a deal.  I enjoy the combat for itself.  Besides, it's not like I'm going to die...
I once heard that the greatest swordsman does not fear the second greatest, him he knows.  The greatest swordsman fears the novice who may do something crazy and get lucky. :aok

Thanks for the advice though.
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?