Author Topic: When is a HO not a HO?  (Read 2407 times)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: When is a HO not a HO?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Nope, last time I met AKAK was in mid-war my hog gainst his 38, freat E fight, that turned into a stall fight, and I got lucky shot on his way back up and over.  Very good fight.

My first AH sortie, I got HOed by Waffle. Second sortie I got HOed by Ack-Ack. But that was 5 years ago.

Last time I met Ack-Ack, it was in mid war, on the deck and we had 4 or 5 very good fights. Never did he go for front quarter shots. I was very surprised (in positive sense). Kudos to him.

I won't say the person's name because it wouldn't matter either way.  I'll put it to you like this, out of 6 fights, he won 3, I won zero.  The other 3 was a collision, a Ho, and an snapstall auger otd.  The 3 he won were the most boring, e-milking, rope attempt, ending in lame-luftberry fights Ive had, since the last time I fought his last shade!  He asked the rules, I called no- Hoing, an otd alt, and he climbed to 5k ......then said oops I'm at 5k, I said I'll climb, then Ho'd me.  Too bad I didn't remember right then who it was, I'd have just logged and saved myself the bore!

Let me guess, Snozzle...

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 03:08:14 PM »

Let me guess, Snozzle...
:uhoh  ur wicked smaht!

:D

Oh and by the way!!     :rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 03:54:51 PM »
when is a HO not a HO?

when you win.  :lol

Offline BOXGIRL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2008, 08:22:41 PM »
It takes 2 to HO, so you/me/all of us are just as guilty as the guy or girl who shot us down....so don't whine about just re-up your plane and take a sip of whatever your drinking and rememeber it takes 2!
^"^Nazgul^"^
Well behaved women rarely make history"Marilyin Monroe

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »
:uhoh  ur wicked smaht!

:D

Oh and by the way!!     :rock

What other names does he go by?  Is WindX and Headcheese a couple of them?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline snowey

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »
none of them wer ho's
snowey
=55th=VelociRaptors
Flying since tour 79
VansCrew is a traitor and deserves to be shot
yes i know i cant spell so don't say anything about it

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2008, 09:47:12 PM »
What other names does he go by?  Is WindX and Headcheese a couple of them?

ack-ack
Not whindex. 

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2008, 11:00:08 PM »
It takes 2 to HO, so you/me/all of us are just as guilty as the guy or girl who shot us down....so don't whine about just re-up your plane and take a sip of whatever your drinking and rememeber it takes 2!

In time, you will realize this thinking is incorrect.

It only takes 1 to enter a pure pursuit mode.  If the same person decides to attack in front of his opponents 3/9 line, he will enter a HO situation when at close range.  It only takes 1 to pull the trigger, not two.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2008, 09:18:19 AM »
Two weeks ago, Kamori asked me to "hop over and wing them".    I am talking to Kam about this and that, the next thing I know we're talking about how long we've been at this.    Then BEARTHUR (Parker) says over vox: "You've been playing for almost 6 years Karaya?   I figured you'd be better than you are."

It's absolutely hilarious to see BEARTHUR whine about a HO, while being caught on film HO'ing the first friendly in an La7.   Not only that, AKAK's first trigger pull on BEARTHUR is a wicked snapshot.    Then enter in Phan who pancakes. :rofl.   So already BEARTHUR is "in need of help" by this time.   He turns to allow another friendly to get on AKAK's six, but not in time to save his bacon.   The spixteen is spraying and flames AKAK, only to stop shooting long enough for AKAK to shoot down BEARTHUR.   

You'd expect it coming from someone who ups a single PT boat and spawncamps one sortie in a Tiger.   Wait, he did it.   Pathetic.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »
I would have to agree - Didn't look like HO shot to me, but more of high deflection shot  :aok
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2008, 11:45:25 AM »
It only takes 1 to enter a pure pursuit mode.  If the same person decides to attack in front of his opponents 3/9 line, he will enter a HO situation when at close range.  It only takes 1 to pull the trigger, not two.

Would you call a 1 oc or 11 oc shot a HO?  :confused:
IMHO, HO can only happen from 12 oc with both having a gun solution.

Coming in from the frontal side of the enemy does not necessarily lead into a HO. It happens only if the enemy decides to turn into you and you both decide to remain on that heading until you are at shooting distance.

That would then be a HO regardless of who pulls the triger and who does not. The only reason not to take a shot when you have one would be some previous agreement on a colde merge (at DA), right? What other reason could there be? If one is not going to shoot, why risk going HO in the first place???  :confused:

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »
i know i'm in for a good fight if we pass by nose to nose and he doesn't shoot.  And this 2 to HO idea is bunk.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:46 PM »
It happens only if the enemy decides to turn into you and you both decide to remain on that heading until you are at shooting distance.

C'mon, I'm sure you were in situation when 2 or 3 guys jumped you on the deck, all with more E and better turners. Only thing you can do is evading and turning into them. When so slow and going into them, you can't turn away, you give them belly shot...

It takes only 1 guy to pull the trigger... It's cheap and dirty...

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »
Im new here, and i really donŽt understand the fuss about "HO"
I aint that new to flying not to realize how dangerous it is to be in front of guns solution.
So howcome you expect to be safe when facing those guns ?
ShouldnŽt you maneuver to avoid guns solutions at all times ?

DA "Gentlemen with white gloves" and all that honory thing is totally different in my opinion, i wellcome that "first merge HO no shots" rule as courtesy to the opponent.

But in the MA if i should die because i got HOŽd i allways blame myself for it, stupid of me to fly into his guns...right ?
-=Die RammjÀger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2008, 01:07:35 PM »
Im new here, and i really donŽt understand the fuss about "HO"
I aint that new to flying not to realize how dangerous it is to be in front of guns solution.
So howcome you expect to be safe when facing those guns ?
ShouldnŽt you maneuver to avoid guns solutions at all times ?

DA "Gentlemen with white gloves" and all that honory thing is totally different in my opinion, i wellcome that "first merge HO no shots" rule as courtesy to the opponent.

But in the MA if i should die because i got HOŽd i allways blame myself for it, stupid of me to fly into his guns...right ?

The issue in this case isn't that it was a HO shot.  The issue is, the guy tried to hide the fact that he got clobbered by a beauty of a deflection shot by a better stick, by claiming it was a HO shot.

There are lots of cartoon pilots whose ego's can't accept the fact that they can 'die' unless the other guy did something 'unfair'
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters