Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10819 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
It really comes down to two types of people, I reckon:

Type A - This type thinks that the way they like to play the game is the only way it should be played and all others should understand to curtail their activities to fit that expecation.  These are the types that tend to ruin other people's fun by bombing FHs and CVs to stop a fight or insisting or just furballing rather than actually taking a base, spawn camping in GVs, etc.  They also expect everyone else to agree with them about the importance of whatever activity they are engaged in above what anyone else is trying to accomplish (or how others may want to enjoy their $15/month).  They tend to be very good to impressively great at whatever aspect of the game they find entertaining.  Additionally, no matter what reason is used, they will not be convinced that their view is ego-centric and self-serving.

Type B - Enjoy all aspects of the game and play it the way they want to with minimal griping because, that is the way the game works.  Sure, they hate being HO'd, gang banged, vulched or spawn camped, but it rolls off of them because the wheel turns.  They enjoy a good furball, or a good bombing run, a base capture, or whatever suits them, but are not fixed on one aspect of the game being the only aspect of the game.  They let others play the way they want, and they find their fun where they can.  These types are much more likely to just go elsewhere to do what they feel like at the time than to try and change everyone elses behavior.

Not calling one side or the other good or bad, but that's what I see from the posts.  Each side has valid points, but with the nature of the game and the current level of coding, it is pointless for the Type A's to get frustrated with each other.

From what I read, the Type A's are not frustrated with the Type B's.  They are frustrated with the other Type A's that have decided to put their interest above other Type A's.  And, in part, I can understand.  It is a pain in the 4th point of contact to have some dufus come along and game the game in order to be the big man.  But by the same token, if it a real pain to be trying to take a base and have no support from other friendlies because they are more interested in furballing.  However, I am not paying their $15/month, so not up to me to tell them how to play.

Honestly, I don't see a good solution to this, from a business point of view.  If you make CVs, FHs, etc indestrucable, then I can assure the number of members will drop drastically, which will mean less money for HTC.  A move like that in a world of competitive online gaming would pretty much mean and end to AH2.  Someone else would step in to fill the void and things would spiral down hill from there.  I would love to see something that works for everyone, but don't see it on the horizon.

Just my observations...

<S> Blammo
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »
I spend a lot of time in the DA, more so then the MA...  It's changing, and not for the better.  These newer players think it's a big deal seeing their name in lights landing kills now.  I've always gotten a fresh plane between fights, so both planes are even on weight.  This Air Quake mentality is really disturbing.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »
moot,
nah, not today bro  :cool:

just been listening to peeps whine about how others dont play a flight simm the way they are "supposed" to for for like 18 or more years. for some reason this post just sent me over the edge.  :cool:

Yeah I am new to AH but I am not new to flight sims online and many other online games. I have grandkids as old as many of you. Guess it was that fact that he was powerwhining about the "Fun Police" when in fact that is the role he was running by smakking people for not doing things his way.

So, no I'm not sittin on the edge of my chair ripping the phone book in half over this.  :cool:
Actually I am lmfao at this guy and anybody else who wants to think everybody should get outa their way and they dont need to consider anybody else.  :cool:

Later,
KayBay  
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2008, 07:55:26 PM »
"The game is about aerial combat and that takes precedence to everything else." - Pyro

Which means absolutely nothing.  Actions speak louder than words, especially from HiTech et al.  They put strategic game play and base capturing into AH and they apparently don't kick anyone out for participating in it.

Aerial combat and flight simulation may have been the motivator and primary theme of the game, but it's much more than that now.  As we've been told over and over again, AH has and is evolving,  changing into something different and more than what it was in the beginning.  It's roots may always be in the air, but that's no reason to whine like a herd of two-year-olds cause someone pooped in your diaper.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »
Stop changing the subject and finding excuses..  Yes, there's lots of other bases, so why don't toolsheders just GO TO ANOTHER BASE to bomb stuff?  The furballers were having fun, till the toolsheders/"war"-winners showed up.   
Are you saying that it's up to the furballers to stop what they were doing because some toolsheder just logged on and picked the furballers' base of ops as his toolshed of the moment?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2008, 08:05:01 PM »
Ya know, we'd been having a good fight for the better part of an hour with a bish CV off of a rook base.  Just the kind of great fighter fest that really grabs you and immerses you in the game.  My squaddies and I were all having an absolute blast as were many of the rook pilots.  Then, the inevitable happens when some dilrod had to come with dive bombing B-17's and sink the cv.  WTF for?  We were all having a good time and not trying to take your gdamn base!  We just wanted a good furball.

********, did it make you feel cool that you ruined a fight that 30 plus people were enjoying?  I bet you were the kid that was never picked for a team at recess and crap like that is your only way of getting attention.  Let me guess, you used to snatch the baseball and run off with it too, right?

Crap like this is why the ack on cv's and bases needs to be super hardcore.  That way one imbecile can not ruin the fun for 30 plus people.

:mad:

Sounds like the same kind of people who take down vhs at TT fields. I personaly love flying over TT in a p47 (not hvy) hunting purely buffs and dive bombers.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »
So one Toolsheader has more rights to enjoy AH then 20 or 30 Furballers? 
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »
So one Toolsheader has more rights to enjoy AH then 20 or 30 Furballers? 

Actually, he does.

Especially if instead of shooting the bomber down (Heaven forbid, what were they in a fighter for in the first place? Barnstorming?) they sit with their thumb up their ass, and let the bomber kill the CV/FH's, and then come on here and whine about their own ineptitude.

Welcome to the net's premier online game of aerial combat.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2008, 08:23:54 PM »
Especially if instead of shooting the bomber down (Heaven forbid, what were they in a fighter for in the first place? Barnstorming?)
Dogfighting.. Furballing.
they sit with their thumb up their ass, and let the bomber kill the CV/FH's, and then come on here and whine about their own ineptitude.
You really believe it's hard to shoot down bombers? Harder than winning a dogfight? It's not only easy but boring 9 times out of 10. 

Why does a toolsheder have to bomb a CV with a good furball depending on it?  Does it differ somehow from any other CV?  The only difference is that other players are having fun using it..  It's as lame as taking command from someone using a CV (for, you guessed it, combat) just for the sake of it, and then doing nothing with it.

What does the toolsheder give to the furballers in exchange for his bombing their CV?  Nothing.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »
You mean in your easy mode bombers right?
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »
Actualy, there are lots of those guys.  I'm all for killing a furball if it's about to turn into a vulchfest where there's no actual COMBAT, but a lot of these guys WILL in fact kill a furball just for the sake of it.  Slowhand's "first class" post conveniently ignores that.

One if your going to refer or question my comments, please learn how to spell my name properly.   :aok

Second, I'd didn't ignore anything.  I including the qualification, <quote> "Assuming you don't know that the person involved was 'specifically' out to annoy you personally or anyone else" <end quote>.  I did that because it was NOT clear to me if Bodhi was just ranting in general or knew specificaly who the 'culprit' was AND had some evidence of his real intention.

So not knowing for sure, I crafted my response to fit the usual Furballer's Whine.  If in fact, there was a dedicated 'game spoiler' at work, then I don't think Bodhi clearly conveyed that, nor brought any real evidence of criminal intention to his post.  Therefore, ipso facto, he got the response he got.  [Almost had a perfectly equilibriously redundant phrase going there.  :rock   :D]
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2008, 08:36:36 PM »
Sloe, I know who it was, and I know why they did it.  They do it to piss people off.  I even got a PM about it after because they thought it was so funny... 

I am not against buffs, sinking cv's, or the strat war at all.  I just hate dive bombing jackoffs in buffs sinking cv's in the most unrealistic manner possible.  Face it, it is really hard to defend against a group of B-17's diving on a cv from 10k.

Either way, it does not matter.  Some people agree, others do not, some don't care.  The fact that a few came in and dropped some cheap shots at me really doesn't matter either.  It shows me that they are not looking at the whole issue, and instead choose to be griefers as opposed to helping find a solution. 
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »
Yep. The qualification "the person involved was 'specifically' out to annoy you personally or anyone else" fits.  I've seen FORTRESS do it a few times already.. Not just CVs but VHs from which a great GV slugfest was going on.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »
Have a quick look at his stats, it's amusing. Definitely good for gameplay.  :rolleyes:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2008, 08:48:17 PM »
Now that I think about it, I once PMed one of those guys, asking why he'd kill a good fight he had nothing to do with.  His reply was just "because it made me feel good".
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you