Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10839 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
an easy fix.......... raise the monthly gameplay fee to $30.00 like it was in the beginning

another fix....... maybe have a PREMIUM Arena, where people can subscribe and possibly pay an additional $5.00 fee to root out all the undesirables

or another fix......have an arena where several pillars of the community ( long time Vet players - like Nobaddy, NoPoop, etc...) vote & invite only worthy players to this arena,

or another possible fix ...... make an even more demanding, more realistic arena , and leave all the gamey types in the existing arenas....

one thing is certian here, The Players ( Community ) does not set the tone , does not police itself, does not cast enough stones on deserving individuals these days, and everything is to stinking PC........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2008, 09:06:50 AM »
It could possibly be all about "perspective".

One player could be fighting in the furball and dying lots and think "we are getting beat here, the nme is winning!  I better kill that nme cv to save the base " and up's buffs for it.

You on the other hand could be on the same side, in the same furball, and winning most your fights thinking "WOW! this furball is GREAT!  I am having a BLAST!  I hope nobody kills that nme cv"

It's all about "perspective".

On a side note, how many of y'all know any "dedicated" bomber pilot that can fly fighters worth a darn?  Could there possibly be a correlation there.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »
The guy who sank the CV was not seen in the area  before or after this happened. The fight that was interrupted was the only ongoing fight, with other action being limited to one side or another attacking more or less undefended fields, and the largest green dar bar was over the field we were flying out of. There's your most likely correlation. You're a knit, Lute, surely you've seen Fortress running around crashing B-17s into things?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2008, 10:20:05 AM »
Kaybay.. did you overdose on sugar or something?
 .. You haven't been around very long, or haven't been paying much attention to vox/text..  Not only do CVs get used as mobile furball generators, lots of bases are captured or attempted to just to get players to up and start a fight.. With no real intent to "capture" anything.

Been around a very long time Moot and have flown as knits, bish, and rooks. Still haven't heard anyone say that. Maybe a new development. What I hear mostly is don't up cv, we're trying to sneak the base  :lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »
It could possibly be all about "perspective".

Well my perspective was after his PM to me after he did it.  Wasn't the type of PM I would send to someone and definitely not a PM from someone that was there for the fun of game...

Either way, it is the individual and a few others that get their rocks off doing it.  Not the whole of buff pilots.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2008, 11:06:23 AM »
an easy fix.......... raise the monthly gameplay fee to $30.00 like it was in the beginning

another fix....... maybe have a PREMIUM Arena, where people can subscribe and possibly pay an additional $5.00 fee to root out all the undesirables

or another fix......have an arena where several pillars of the community ( long time Vet players - like Nobaddy, NoPoop, etc...) vote & invite only worthy players to this arena,

or another possible fix ...... make an even more demanding, more realistic arena , and leave all the gamey types in the existing arenas....

one thing is certian here, The Players ( Community ) does not set the tone , does not police itself, does not cast enough stones on deserving individuals these days, and everything is to stinking PC........

I kinda agree with you TC but on some level i honestly wouldnt be able to afford the game on my limited budget(working and saving for a chance to come to usa)Ive been here for long enough to know that that wouldnt be a viable solution for HTC ;)
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2008, 11:19:39 AM »
Sloe, I know who it was, and I know why they did it.  They do it to piss people off.  I even got a PM about it after because they thought it was so funny... 

I am not against buffs, sinking cv's, or the strat war at all.  I just hate dive bombing jackoffs in buffs sinking cv's in the most unrealistic manner possible.  Face it, it is really hard to defend against a group of B-17's diving on a cv from 10k.

Either way, it does not matter.  Some people agree, others do not, some don't care.  The fact that a few came in and dropped some cheap shots at me really doesn't matter either.  It shows me that they are not looking at the whole issue, and instead choose to be griefers as opposed to helping find a solution. 

The only solution (without a modeling change to prevent divebombing heavies) is for the community to make it so that divebombing with heavies is considered such an awful lame thing to do, that people would be ashamed if they got caught doing it.

And if they got caught, they would recieve a knock on thier door, and when opened they would recieve a punch in the forehead.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline ddoug

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »
Should I, a bomber pilot, NOT sink an enemy CV when I see one?  That's like telling a furballer "if you see some enemy buffs while on the way to a furball DO NOT SHOOT THEM DOWN."  I can count 1000 times when that's happened to me and you don't see me whining about it in the forums.

/sank 4 CVs last night flying 26's......level flight at 15k tyvm

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2008, 01:19:43 PM »
There is no more fun fight than a cv offshore with a zillion low-powered, low-alt planes upping off it, flailing away at everything in sight---they are ALWAYS the best furballs, and I'd imagine a damn small % of such ventures eventually result in base captures--as a defender, I have the unusual advantage of NOT fighting Lgheys and K4's, and the planes arent coming in at 15k---as the cv guy, I have the advantage of a zillion laser-acks whacking the incoming vultures....win-win scenario :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »
Well my perspective was after his PM to me after he did it.  Wasn't the type of PM I would send to someone and definitely not a PM from someone that was there for the fun of game...

Either way, it is the individual and a few others that get their rocks off doing it.  Not the whole of buff pilots.

Bodhi, I was curious, did you say anything on ch.200 about this, before the guy PM'd you?

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2008, 01:26:54 PM »
Within the DA map is an area for bombing too.  Why is it empty?

To be honest, I think Masherbrum said it best; There is no score.

I always kinda thought that would have been a better place for a tank town, with all the factories' and cities, but o well.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »
Bodhi, I was curious, did you say anything on ch.200 about this, before the guy PM'd you?

Just asked who sunk the CV...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »
Ok. I thought it mighta been someone harboring some kinda grudge...

If it were, it's kinda disturbing.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 02:36:42 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2008, 03:13:21 PM »

There ya go, put the price out of reach for a lot of guys so a few whiners that can afford the extra money won't have a sad video game experience..... :cry
:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2008, 03:14:24 PM »
Here's another idea girls....   GET OVER IT!
:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.