Author Topic: Wanted: players or squads with heart  (Read 1332 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Wanted: players or squads with heart
« on: March 07, 2008, 06:42:15 AM »
Are you a looking for fun, adventure and some teamwork to boot?? Join the AVA today!!! We are looking for players that Like to have fun, want the adventure of taking over a country, and know how to work together!!

Check out the AVA. They desperately need Allied players and squads. if you think you're up to the challenge. jump in and check it out!! its great fun and a good time.

dont think you're that good?? go in anyway. once you learn how to battle in AVA you will be devastating in the MA's. we've proven that!!

please bear in mind that we frown on MA tactics such as HO'ing, vulching, tool shedding, cherry picking, alt-monkeys, etc. its a different type of game. a more civilized type of game. Be all that you can be!! Join Today!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:06:57 AM by captain1ma »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Wanted: players or squads with heart
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »
please bear in mind that we frown on MA tactics such as HO'ing, vulching, tool shedding, cherry picking, alt-monkeys, etc. its a different type of game. a more civilized type of game.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Anybody tell JG54 that :lol Anybody who thinks gameplay in the AvA is better is delusional IMO.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
So many of these posts on the boards..... looks like AVA is having number issues.

please bear in mind that we frown on MA tactics such as HO'ing, vulching, tool shedding, cherry picking, alt-monkeys, etc. its a different type of game. a more civilized type of game. Be all that you can be!!

This line makes me wonder if captain1ma has actually flown in the AVA lately. From my experience the AVA has just become a third Late War Arena.

I hope the AVA will return to the higher standard of play that it was known for in the past.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 09:22:04 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »
---edit--- this wasn't directed at shuff, but the first response.  quit beating me to the reply button shuffler!

well thanks for the encouraging comments polly prissy poopy pants.

Someone is trying to drum up support and asking for some classy people to play in a nice arena with interesting planesets and the first response is a downer.

well, I'll counter said downer.

The AvA is great if you are tired of the same old p51 vs spit16, la7, and niki fights.  Upping in a mission of allied or axis rides to fight against that planes historic enemies has something to be said for it.

also plenty of pilots with class are to be found in the AvA.  If you see someone new to the arena HOing, ramming, or vulching a field that no ones trying to capture please try to have some nice words on vox or country channel about why we would like to avoid those types of fights in the AvA.  It's not that hard for a community to attempt to show some class with a little communication and work.

the pilots without class quickly become known and find the AvA not to their liking and they can take their gamey habits back to the MA for all we care.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:23:58 AM »
 :rofl

<<< From Texas where we have to be quick on the Draw!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 09:25:36 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:13:44 AM »
There is an Axis vs Allies arena?... Where? [tounge firmly in cheek]
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :D :D :lol :lol :lol :lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »
Please Ignore Posts 2,3,5 and 6. Join the Fun, its a great place, if given a chance. if you're not in a squad, make one. if you are, bring them with you. if you want training, JG54 will help you. Give it a try!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »
... he just asked us to ignore his own post.... oh my!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:37:06 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 11:43:48 AM »
Please Ignore Posts 2,3,5 and 6. Join the Fun, its a great place, if given a chance. if you're not in a squad, make one. if you are, bring them with you. if you want training, JG54 will help you. Give it a try!!

So here's a guy talking about "honor" in a squad with none and an avatar with the following...

"AKA Jaeger1
JG54 "GrunHerz"
Vulching is more fun when you're not the victim"
 :rofl :rofl

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 12:30:34 PM »
we dont have heart... but we sure do have score :D
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 12:45:47 PM »
So many of these posts on the boards..... looks like AVA is having number issues.

This line makes me wonder if captain1ma has actually flown in the AVA lately. From my experience the AVA has just become a third Late War Arena.

He's usually running away from any 1v1 he encounters so you have to forgive him if he doesn't notice what's going on around him.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »
Why is everyone picking on  captain1ma hes only trying to get more people into the AvA??
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:28:21 PM »
Why is everyone picking on  captain1ma hes only trying to get more people into the AvA??

Not picking on him personally.... just talking about folks who spread as gospel what they heard as opposed to what they've seen. I do not even know cap, have not flown with him. For all I know he is a great guy and a fairly good stick. But I have seen with my own eyes what AVA has deteriorated to and I can't stand by and watch as someone boasts about a quality that is not there.

The problem is not the AVA, the problem is what it has been changed to. While there were generally less folks in there before.... the fights were much better. Now it is nothing but a LW arena with Allied/Axis planes seperated properly. It isn't even a good preparation for CT.

<S>
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:53:14 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
c'mon guys, back offa Jaeger.  He's good people, and wants both sides to be challenged.

So if ya got the moxy, come on in- it's a blast.  Had a quick duel with Republic the other night- was a lot of fun (even though I got my bellybutton kicked most royally  :eek: )

I myself will be looking to the JG54 for some guidance.  It's a great place to take your game to the next level.
"You rebel scum"

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »
Tried it out the first war.  Wasn't really different other then the planesets (MA's).  Just that vulching sucked even more because you heard the .303s hitting you, and you sat there rolling knowing that it was only a matter of time.  Like a slow, painful death.

donkey
2sBlind