Author Topic: Wives, Battle 360, Dogfights  (Read 1007 times)

Offline MsBhaven

• Copper Member
Re: Wives, Battle 360, Dogfights
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »
I was fiance ack for about a year. Then 5point asked me to just give it a try. Been addicted ever since.
Birds Of Prey Ospreys

"I Do Bad Things, And I Do Them Well"
"When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »
ive tried to get the wife to play but when she watches she gets dizzy and will pass out.
haha
 she truly cant even watch me fly, she tried to fly once but it was worse.  lol
its cool though cuz i dont think i could handle getting shot down by her,
she would never let me live it down.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »
Letters from Iwo Jima was a great movie.  I couldn't imagine what those Japanese soldiers were feeling backed into those caves.

Das Boot was good too.

And what about Hogan's Heros... oh wait... we were the good guys... nevermind  ;)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 07:45:35 PM »
I watched the battle of Midway 360 last night and was surprised to learn about the downed navy crew (2) captured by a Japanese warship during the main attack on the Japanese carrier force.  Both airmen had weights tied to their legs and were thrown overboard by irate Japanese crew.  I had never heard of this until last night  :(

Oh, my wife doesn't really enjoy war history stuff.....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 12:01:36 AM »
I can't get my girlfriend into the flying games or shows.  It just bores her to death

But she has become a huge GhostHunters and Paranormal State fan.  She used to make fun of me for watching those.  Now, I see our DVR is chock full of episodes.  Hmmmm.   :)

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »
Yep, my lil philley likes watching dogfights, or any other old ww2 footage. Ya gotta keeper there. :rock
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline FTDEEP

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 08:35:25 AM »
saw an episode of Dogfights where it was WW1 and the german Tri-Planes were blasting the Brits out the sky.
But wives and dogfights don't mix well on t.v. or in the game..
couple of days ago i flew 4 sectrs for a fight. found a bog got my position,my fight to lose. just then the wife walks in and starts talking. i said not now..later. she kept it up. distracted as all heck i lose viz and sure enuff hes on my 6. i take it up the wazoo and begin my decent..
she says did you run out of gas? again.. did u run out of gas??
i turn around give her the look and says...
NO I DIDNT RUN OUT FRIGGIN GAS!!
i stormed out had a cig showered and hit the bricks early.
=S=

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
Hahah, Deep, that's a bit rough. It's never worth getting into a fight with the missus over Aces High. Perks lost, good fights fouled up... whatever man, she's still more important than all that at the end of it. I can understand your frustration with the long flight for nothing and all that... but surely she didn't mean to screw it for you? If she was like that you wouldn't be with her in the first place. Cut her some slack, mate, she wouldn't have any reason to know what she'd done.

My missus doesn't like Aces High because I spend too much time on it but she has had a go at it Offline and thought it was fun for a little while. She also insisted that she try out my new X52 when I bought it, that was cool.

She likes the Stuka because of the dive sound and the Dora because it's easy to take off in.  :lol

She's fantastic, she builds models with me and loves doing the painting. I just bought her a 1/48 scale Spitfire Mk IV so that she could paint it pink like the one we have in-game. She loved it and we had a great time building it. Of course, I was relegated to cutting pieces from the sprues and doing the tedious parts on that one but I loved every minute of it.

She watches Dogfights with me and we watched an old video I found in a rural book store whilst on holiday ($5! Score!). The video was about German jets of WWII and she was actually interested in the technology behind it all. She even asked me "Wouldn't being that much faster than everything else make it hard to shoot anything down?". Just after she said that I was about to explain why and the film explained that the Me 163 had a poor kill-rate due to the fact that the closure-rates were so high during attacks. She flicks through the books I have with photos and drawings of all the aircraft and all that and she knows the difference between 109s and 190s... Spits and P -51s... It's great that she takes the time to do little things like that.

Mrs Arch definitely wouldn't get excited about anything to do with WWII by herself but she shows genuine interest in all of my boring history crap so I am a very lucky lad.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"