Author Topic: What happened to squadrons swapping sides every event???  (Read 382 times)

Offline Tried

• Zinc Member
What happened to squadrons swapping sides every event???
« on: March 09, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
i'm just wondering what happened to the rulle where squadrons were supposed to be cycled on every event- everytime i have ever tried to keep the 327th on the Allied side, for more than one event; i was told it was standard process for every squadron to swap sides. Now; i went and changed tour side preference and was told by Sled that we had to stay on the AXIS side- so i reviewed the logs and found the were a couple squadrons that remained Allied; and the 327th was forced to remain AXIS: so i guess it's okay for the CM staff to break the rules? maybe it is time for the CM staff to be revamped? i mean it's clear, even after we requested to be Allies, that; either the CM staff didn't review the previous logs and make the changes properly, or they were playing favoritism...

Offline Tried

• Zinc Member
Re: What happened to squadrons swapping sides every event???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:48:10 PM »
i just checked GhostDancers process for assigning sides... explain to me this; how does a squadron that didn't even update it's side preferences get a second tour on the same side, over a squad that requested a side change- and was subsequently denied the change??? please explain this to me...

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:44:37 AM »
Hello, I'm the paragraph police.  I would like to inform you, that it is always nice to use a paragraph once in awhile.

EX:

A paragraph starts with a main point which is followed by supporting details. The non-fiction paragraph usually begins with the general and moves towards the more specific so as to advance an argument or point of view.

Each paragraph builds on what came before and lays the ground for what comes next. Paragraphs generally range three to seven sentences all combined in a single paragraphed statement.

In prose fiction and literary writing paragraph structure is more abstract, depending on the writer's technique and the action of the narrative. Facts and parts of the narrative are ordered to achieve poignancy and support rhetorical devices.

A paragraph in prose fiction can start with a single detail and enlarge the picture with successive details, for example; but it is just as common for the point of a prose paragraph to occur in the middle or the end.

A paragraph can be as short as one word or run the length of multiple pages, and may consist of one or many sentences. When dialogged is being quoted in fiction, a new paragraph is used each time the person being quoted changes.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _

And to your question; Any squad requesting Axis gets Axis even if they have flown 3 or more frames in a row as axis. This is because the majority of squads always request Allies. In this event, with the correct up to date information for squads we have 40 squads flying, 3 requested axis.

It is not based on who requested/updated a side or updated their ride preference.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:57:51 AM »
I've noticed a nice change in the side adjustment's as of late.  It seem's more attention is being paid in regards to sides the in recent past. 

You will get caught from time to time on the loosing end of the spectrum but like every squad that sticks it out... you will have your day. 

The hardest part is trying to balance the sides but we don't have to do that the CM's do.

Special attention is starting to be payed to squad side's & squad involvment these days.

Thats a good thing.

MGD

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:35:47 AM »
Boy it has been a long night.  ;)

Ratt, thanks for your "help", but you are not helping. ;)

Tried and I talked in the MA tonight, nice talk, got a lot of things straightened out. Good to meet you Tried. :)

So most of this is for those that read this thread.

We DO NOT switch squads from side to side every event. Never have, not possible, never been a "rule". If we did then it would always be the same set of squads facing each other in every event, that would get old.

We do our best to move squads around so they do not see the same side more than 3 times in a row. we TRY to keep it to two times in a row. If a squad sees the same side 4 times in a row (and says something about it) they will most likely be moved.

There is four things that we are trying to balance in side assignments

1. Numbers of pilots on each side.
2. Keep squads from seeing the same side too many times in a row.
3. Moving the squads around so the same groups of squads are not always facing each other.
4. Making sure that each side has a good mix of small, medium, and large squads.

Your squad request is just that, a request. This last week, I think 3 squads requested Axis. Guess what, they got their request. Does this mean your request is meaningless? NO, we look at them and do what we can.

I know that a lot of the newer squads, and some of the older ones, don't know how tricky this process is. But the same method has been used FOR YEARS. It has seemed to work pretty well over the long haul.

If you watch you will see that the older squads only say something about side assignments when they see the same side for a fourth time. and when that happens we will almost always fix it.

:aok

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:38:41 AM by SLED »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Tried

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 12:23:38 PM »
   I do appreciate the conversation, SLED. I have a much better understanding of the monumental task of "Side Assignments" and do NOT envy Ghostdancer one bit. This look a bit better? I indented it- it's now a short paragraph!!! <BFG>

<S>Tried 327th FSO CO

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »
I indented it- it's now a short paragraph!!! <BFG>

:rock

:rofl
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Tried

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 02:09:23 PM »
hehe