Author Topic: I predict...  (Read 2036 times)

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
Re: I predict...
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2008, 12:58:10 PM »
You mean there's a second AvA arena now? Cause I didn't see the odds you claim "for a few hours." What hours? Got a screenshot of that? :D
Arlo Axis were outnumbered from 2030 to about 2200.  I saw 28 allies to 8 axis.  I entered when Allies were attacking V75.  It was amazing but at the same time, disheartening.  All those troops and we didn't take it.  I give credit to the Axis for putting up a good fight, and ulceric defense of V75.  

I don't like to loose, but we did.

MUGADAI of the MUNGADAI WARRIORS

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2008, 01:04:53 PM »
An hour and a half in the AvA when the Axis were outnumbered? Oh maaaaaaan! :D

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
An hour and a half in the AvA when the Axis were outnumbered? Oh maaaaaaan! :D
:salute
That's got to be a record of some kind!  The LW needs a medal for them being out numbered for such a length of time!

Absolutely astounding!
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »
Arguing numbers. :rolleyes:

Yes, the atmosphere in the AvA could be better, but overall I'm convinced the gameplay is heading in the right direction.

Being low in side numbers means base defense and the possibility of being vulched. Base defense is something a lot of Axis players are good at and enjoy the challenge, for whatever reason. I count myself in that crowd as it's some of the fastest action the game offers. It's why you don't see so many ch. 200 vulching complaints from the Axis side. I for one always look for the flashing base with the most enemy traffic overhead.

Numbers on the roster or in a film don't count for much IMHO. I look at numbers in flight, and the time of day. I've noticed huge swings in numbers in as little as 30 minutes, and it can be very annoying regardless of my sides' ratio, but it's like Oklahoma weather, it'll change again in a minute.

As for the noble 1v1, quit whining, the AvA population is still small enough that's it's still happening. Many players witnessed this the first week of this tour when urchin and I spent an hour or so meeting over the water east of A17. He flew past Axis outbound players, and other then a couple of Axis players hanging out wanting to test their metal against urchin, our fights went undisturbed and we both had a great time. Then TwinBoom asked for the same courtesy, and it was granted. S! Urchin and TwinBoom. I challenge anyone to repeat that, private duels, in the late war MAs. Yeah, that will happen. :lol
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »
Easyscore is right.  Especially about Oklahoma weather!  (are you an Okie too?)

I 1v1'ed several pilots, just broadcast on 200 if your wanting a quick 1v1, I had several responses.  Though...some of them didn't talk to me again once they lost...oh well.  :)
P-47 pilot

Offline Gulp

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »
Where were you last night?? im sure the other guys will tell you it was a blast!

I popped in a for a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I have fun in the current AVA and in the MA.  Even though I would like the Pollyanna AVA where it was all honor and code as an option, I also like to be in a MA horde or flying into a MA horde all alone with no alt depending on what mood I'm in.

You never see me complain on 200 because I'm always having fun!

Aspen

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »
Easyscore is right.  Especially about Oklahoma weather!  (are you an Okie too?)<snip>
Moved away in 82' I think it was. I really miss the rain and I hate earthquakes, but I'd never move back.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 03:39:42 PM »

Regardless, the utopian sand box did exist.  I was there.  Several others were as well.  Anyone who had the misfortune not to experience it missed out.

he is right, it was like that at one time.the oLd winter finrus map with g-10s vs. la7s in the snow.was constant running battle with well practiced squads flying against one another on eaqual terms and it was a lot of fun.

turn off 200 and stop consorting with the enemy
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
turn off 200 and stop consorting with the enemy

word.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »
24 or 25 vs 10.  While the suicide goons attempted to overwhelm 75 with an exemplary example of Russian human wave tactics, p1bongman and I made a run to pork ord, troops, and dar at not only the airbase, but we smashed the vbase behind it as well.  Following the smashing we began sweeping towards 75.  I landed 3 kills with 2 assists.  p1bongman unfortunately went head to head on the sweep with an f6f and they both blew up (pretty good example of why I don't HO).  Strat targets destroyed, and hopefully 3 or 4 vulch dweebs put in there place.

The above is why I like the AvA.

oh, and i think crims whined on 200 about the porking.  LOL!  I hope he was being sarcastic.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

VWE

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »
I like pie

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 06:39:48 PM »
NO! I like pie!

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008, 07:03:41 PM »
NO, I LIKE PIE!
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »
I REALLY LIKE PIE!!

Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »
I like

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV