Author Topic: There's a war on and Allied command needs you ...  (Read 936 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: There's a war on and Allied command needs you ...
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »
Honestly, the Axis attitude in the AvA is very successful in killing any interest I have in even taking a look at these "war" setups.

They seem to be extremely hostile and intent on belittling the oposition rather than fostering a good gamemanship environment.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:35:21 PM »
Oh so you picked up on that too?  Lol. 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:40:50 PM »
Wanna douse it? There's a way. I just hope at the end of that road there's still some Axis opposition willing to log onto AvA. :)

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 10:59:45 PM »
Meh.  No real point. 

It's the few that ruin it for the many.

The VanScrew that ruins it for the guys like Republic.

I'm out. 

"You rebel scum"

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 11:11:15 PM »
Honestly, the Axis attitude in the AvA is very successful in killing any interest I have in even taking a look at these "war" setups.

They seem to be extremely hostile and intent on belittling the oposition rather than fostering a good gamemanship environment.

Don't let that bother you Karnak.  They do it all the time.  I kind of miss the attention that I was getting... sniff..sniff.

MUGADAI of the ONLY MUNGADAI WARRIORS

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 11:54:51 PM »
I think the axis banter is great for the game. Nothing better that a little ribbing to prompt a sucessfull comback. If the allieds dominate the areana, I for one will still be working my butt off trying to regain our current advantage. I enjoy the AvA because it is the areana that we have squad unity.
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 01:05:05 AM »
I think the axis banter is great for the game. Nothing better that a little ribbing to prompt a sucessfull comback. If the allieds dominate the areana, I for one will still be working my butt off trying to regain our current advantage. I enjoy the AvA because it is the areana that we have squad unity.
It isn't banter.  It is childish insults combined with a superiority complex.  And one that doesn't know when it has pushed into very bad taste, as it has in every attempt I've see of the Allies to put up some sort of cohensive defense.  It is an attitude that excuses all the gamey stuff the Axis pulls to get on top and then whines if the Allies do anything that is generally seen as dishonorable in AH.

Basically it is the worst traits of the MA and AvA all rolled into one, MA gameyness, MA channel 200 insults and AvA elitism.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:43:06 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

VWE

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 08:28:43 AM »
Oh here's an idea... don't tune in 200. It was good to see Urchin in last night, some great flying is exactly what the allies need.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 10:23:43 AM »
I can understand Karnak's position.  There are several players in AvA who would appear to suffer from a bipolar personality disorder.  Regardless of the outcome of a fight, there will be a torrent of abuse from several players.  It would be tolerable if it contained the wit ch1 had several years ago, but is the same dull, stale rhetoric day in day out.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 11:16:17 AM »
Come on Guys, like the Nike advertisement says, "just do it!!!".  Join up with Arlo and company in the AVA. its a great time. Lots of fun and excitement and you get to work with your fellow pilots.

dont worry about what karnak, thrila and urchin,have to say, they were abused children!! just go into AVA and find out for yourself. If you listen to someone else, you may never know what you missed.

Offline Helius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »
You have me and everyone in my squad for Allies.  Have a preference for German fighters, but I hate bad sportsmen and always bet on the underdog.  I'm in.