Author Topic: Allied from an Axis perspective.  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Allied from an Axis perspective.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 10:43:02 AM »
Odee there is talk on the JG54 forums about us going allied next round. But since you are new to the AvA or just dont have good memory before this war JG54 few allied iron alot. Hell some days it was JG54 vs JG54 because we were the only ones in the arena. We are even better in allied ride then axis because we fly them and know what they are good at so when we are flying axis we can out fly them. But I dont think JG54 only is going to make allies super uber because I can tell you already most of the allies will look at us as the outsiders. Ask any of the old AvA vets and they'll tell you that JG54 members were the first to switch to even the teams before the war.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »
Odee, could you possibly stop grouping all the JG's together?  Not that I don't want to be associated with our brothers in cartoon arms, but JG11 does not engage in the "crap", nor do we fly allied, so we have nothing to prove by switching sides, nor giving any one reason to ask us to.

Oh and for what it is worth, JG54 would do just as well in the early allied rides.
No sir I won't.  And yes sir JG11 does participate in the crap slinging.  You're a prime example.

Makes me wonder if you're vaunted talents lie only in the LW iron.  Like, you'd wet yourselves if you flew anything Allied.  Wonder if this mental constipation extends to the FSO as well?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »
 :huh  How so.  I never tune 200.  I never PM.  The only derogatory PM I ever got in the arena was from you.  You know what, someone told me you were "challanged" so I should not be so tough on you.  I though they were kidding.  You have my sympathies.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »
And yes sir JG11 does participate in the crap slinging.  You're a prime example.

Oh come ON, now your REALLY grasping at straws.  JG11 should be respected they take the same crap JG54 faces yet they do it with a smile on their face and not a single untoward comment.  If only I could do the same...
P-47 pilot

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 10:56:41 AM »
No sir I won't.  And yes sir JG11 does participate in the crap slinging.  You're a prime example.

Makes me wonder if you're vaunted talents lie only in the LW iron.  Like, you'd wet yourselves if you flew anything Allied.  Wonder if this mental constipation extends to the FSO as well?

Odee was an abused child. please lower the bar for him. has trouble making friends and influencing people. not his fault.

my sympathies to you
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:59:02 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 10:56:51 AM »
Larry:

My bad for lumping the two JG's in one barrel.  My apologies sir.

Yes, I recall you guys going back and forth on sides.  I recall you saying if it doesn't have 8 guns it ain't worth flying.  I even recall my being in the top 5% back when CT first opened several years ago... my how the game has changed since coming back, but I digress.

Hell, I even recall sending you a PM a week or more ago saying "Peace" and "GK" in the AvA.  Didn't get a reply, so I figured you'd had a stroke or sumpin  :pray (joking)

So Larry, a.k.a. Truekill, I apologies for the mistaken association between the two JG's

Peace

:salute

:huh  How so.  I never tune 200.  I never PM.  The only derogatory PM I ever got in the arena was from you.  You know what, someone told me you were "challanged" so I should not be so tough on you.  I though they were kidding.  You have my sympathies.
You're thinking of some other pilot.  I did PM you once in the AvA, about you're dropping CO in FSO DGS...  after I shot you down, but I have never asked anyone to take easy, or be gentle with me in the air.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 10:58:38 AM »
Larry:

My bad for lumping the two JG's in one barrel.  My apologies sir.

Yes, I recall you guys going back and forth on sides.  I recall you saying if it doesn't have 8 guns it ain't worth flying.  I even recall my being in the top 5% back when CT first opened several years ago... my how the game has changed since coming back, but I digress.

Hell, I even recall sending you a PM a week or more ago saying "Peace" and "GK" in the AvA.  Didn't get a reply, so I figured you'd had a stroke or sumpin  :pray (joking)

So Larry, a.k.a. Truekill, I apologies for the mistaken association between the two JG's

Peace

You're thinking of some other pilot.  I did PM you once in the AvA, about you're dropping CO in FSO DGS...  after I shot you down, but I have never asked anyone to take easy, or be gentle with me in the air.

:rofl :rofl :aok :lol :lol :lol :rofl :rofl
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 11:02:40 AM »

Thats because the first thing I do when I logged on was".squelch odee" so I wouldnt have to hear how crappy the allied had it.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 11:04:10 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 11:15:59 AM »
Good lord. 

TK's only a 21 year old nobody. 

Sorry I let a lil' punk get me this worked up y'all.  See ya.  :salute
"You rebel scum"

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
A single good pilot in a good plane cannot compete with good pilots with tried tactics and proven teamwork.
I'm constantly seeing posts in other topics that try to encourage folks to come to AvA.  My perception of the AvA arena after a couple of visits is that it's mostly veteran AH/AW sticks that absolutely know their way around in ACM. 
I like the concept but I don't stand a chance in that arena as my skills suck and it's no fun being whacked without ever getting a shot off.  I've been playing since Air Warrior (DOS) and have never been any better than a noob, that's my lot in life I guess, but it seems that coming to the AvA is pretty intimidating for the new to average player and is probably why you guys don't have more than 30 or 40 folks on any given night.
I don't have the solution but it just seems from the tone of the AvA player's posts I read that they're bewildered as to why no one wants to flock to the greatest arena on AHII.... just my impression  :)

George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
Good lord. 

TK's only a 21 year old nobody. 

Sorry I let a lil' punk get me this worked up y'all.  See ya.  :salute

Aww somebody is a little POed. Its okay you have to name call and bash people to get your jollys off. So what Im only 21. Are you mad because you cant be that young again?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:28:31 AM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »
Alky, veteran sure, but they don't necessarily smack of "absolutely know their ACM" (and to be fair I'm the same way, so I can criticize).

Here's [one of] the problem: this thread was started claiming the allies "have no coordination or leadership" -- that's just another way of saying they don't fly as a solid gang en masse most of the time. It's not called leadership when the axis does this. It's just that their objective in flying the AvA is to do it as a unit. Most don't fly without their squaddies.

Most of the axis I've seen (when I flew the previous setup) were coming in with way too much alt, lots of speed, all the advantages, and still being worn down and pushed back or killed by an equal number of lesser-advantaged allies.

Now I can't really say the allies were flying much better. I'm just saying calling the axis "skilled, coordinated, and having good leadership" is a load of horse puckey!

There is no differnce between the two sides. Calling it "leadership" is just stroking yourselves. Blaming it on "lack of leadership" is just placing blame on something external.

Switching teams, having axis fly allied, and vice versa, will only yield the same results in the opposite direction. These guys are still going to fly in large numbers or with tag-team tactics, or with the advantage of speed, alt, or both. Whatever. They're still going to fly the same M.O., just in different planes.

It has nothing to do with "war" or with "leadership" or any of that. It's been this way for a while. Certain groups just happen to enjoy flying in groups, and they always have. It happens the active groups at the moment that feel this way prefer the axis rides. There used to be allies that did the same thing (back when AvA was called CT).

You shouldn't blame it on this new invention called "AvA leadership" -- because that's no better than calling the MA armchair squeakers shouting for help to take a base "leaders".

^-- I don't mean to insult the "AvA leaders" by comparing them to squeakers, I'm saying their role is inconsequential to what was going to happen anyways.

P.S. I could start an entire new thread on why the "war" won't work, and is flawed in general. One of the salient points is that you're rewarding folks with better planes for milkrunning fields. That right there is another major flaw. If it's a RPS it should be equal on both sides. You shouldn't get to choose which planes. They should be predetermined, regardless of one side's milkrunning/gangbanging/troopspamming capabilities.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 11:32:02 AM »

Thats because the first thing I do when I logged on was".squelch odee" so I wouldnt have to hear how crappy the allied had it.
:aok

I did the same to Storch, you, and a few others in the old forums when we had that option.
{shrugs}
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »
LMAO!  What a load a bull Krusty.  I can't believe you would belittle oragnization and leadership in such a way, but then You will be back in ten minutes postng the exact opposite so, I should just wait.  Geesh man, give it a break.

As far as the plane set favoring the victors...Go tell a surviving LW pilot that all those defeats, and cities bombed, and veteran pilots lost, and dwindling numbers had no effect on the war.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -