Author Topic: Led to believe  (Read 961 times)

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
Led to believe
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »
I was very dissapointed in the AVA last night. It was the first time our squad has visited this arena. We were led to believe that it was different kind of fight than the mains, A more 1on 1 oriented fight however the same 20 on one gangbangs , cherrypickin HO'n and all that stuff that ruins the mains is alive and well in AVA it was really dissapointing. lookin for a good knife fight 1 on 1 and all ya get is 15 guys diveing on you or doing head on runs constantly. Planes in the allied side are all of 2 or 3 to choose from. and axis gets planes with better flight characteristics speed etc. all we get are 2 gas guzzling spits and a P-47, Axis seemed to get more  planes to choose from. It left the entire squad wandering what about this arena makes it better?? i couldnt find one thing that made it better. Oh well it was worth a shot. :frown: Back to the mains
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:24:49 AM by smokey23 »

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Led to believe
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:23:45 AM »
I love this arguement.  Even if everything you experienced is true Smokey, and I am not saying it isn't...why go back to MA?  To get MORE of the same stuff? :rolleyes:

BTW, both sides have the same number of planes, and all we have is the 109G6 and radial engined 190's.  Hope to see the mob back. <S>.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »
maybe you should spend more time in there and help the allieds. if you win, you get things, if you lose you dont. kinda like life. if you win you get better planes.

get in there and help them out. win things!!  :)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:27:43 AM »
Seems like someone didnt get the update. Oh well back to the mains, at least they have spit16s and La7s.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »
Thats just it, it was told to us that it wasnt the same old thing as MA but in reality it is, thats the dissapointing thing about it. The squad and  i love the one on one's I lose more than i win which is ok at least i know the guy that got me got me in a fair fight and its just to hard to find one of those in the MA, I know im going to be told to  go to DA for that DA is just about as much fun as watching paint dry.And a  let me show how much man i can be and prove im a better stick than you arena. "DULLL"

I will talk it over with the boys but they seemed pretty turned off on the AVA after last night but maybe we'll be back. :aok

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »
Seems like someone didnt get the update. Oh well back to the mains, at least they have spit16s and La7s.
Maybe they play for fun, and couldn't find any when being... like what he said they were being?

The LM could as easily have gone to the LW side to see what was what, but then I guess they figured that they would be participating in the gang mentality.

Oh well, another squad comes and goes.
 :furious @ LM
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 10:45:27 AM »
When logging on to AH, I expect the following:  To be ganged, Ho'd and vultched.  That's not a problem.  This is a massive multi player online GAME.  That's what happens.

The AvA offers the chance to get all of the above from the historically correct side at least.  That alone is enough of a diffenece for me and the 11th.

Think about it Smokey.  Hope to see ya back.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »
Thats just it, it was told to us that it wasnt the same old thing as MA but in reality it is, thats the dissapointing thing about it. The squad and  i love the one on one's I lose more than i win which is ok at least i know the guy that got me got me in a fair fight and its just to hard to find one of those in the MA, I know im going to be told to  go to DA for that DA is just about as much fun as watching paint dry.And a  let me show how much man i can be and prove im a better stick than you arena. "DULLL"

I will talk it over with the boys but they seemed pretty turned off on the AVA after last night but maybe we'll be back. :aok

Get a time machine and go back a few months and you have the good AvA. Its now just axis owning the allies and the allies whineing and ankle humping about how crappy thier planes are when they should look at themselfs.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 11:49:12 AM »
Allied planes are good.  The Spit IX, F6F, and P47 are all very competetive rides.  You can get into some very good 1 vs 1 on the weekends or off-hours.  The 1 vs 1 has more to do with the numbers.  The more people playing, the less likely you will find them.  Give it a couple more chances.

Venom

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »

don't take this wrong but you only been there a couple of hours ,i know there is no n1k or lala or uber spit ,makes it a bit more challenging , i don't see how going back to the main to club seals is the answer , if you truly want a change give it more than just a couple hours
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »
Get a time machine and go back a few months and you have the good AvA.

were you green weenies ditching in the bushes back then as well???
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 12:09:37 PM »
Hello smokey,

the game: the arenas are quite different.  allow me to explain how.  in the AvA you have allied planes on one side and the axis planes on the other.  currently there are two teams with captians/commanding officers who are responsible to select inventory and organize play to achieve a victory for their respective teams.  If I recall correctly none of that exists anywhere in AH except in the AvA.

the players: the overall quality of the players in the AvA is much higher than those of the MA players.

I hope you return and get a chance to experience that yourself.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »
GOOD POINT JUSTGUESS

It must have either been the timeing of us entering the arena or the wrong day or something like that because when we came into the AVA last night, There seemed to be noone setting up any ops, Bug had us hitting one base then as we were ingressing to that base it changed and we were told to hit a different base then on the way to that base it changed again. It didnt seem like anyone was incharge. No offense to Bug he is a fine guy it just seemed that there was no comprehensive plans or missions.We felt like we were chasein our own tails. I'll talk to the squad and see if they may want to give it another try. I would like to know who the CO of the allies on any givein day is. because last night i heard 3 or 4 different names out there but nothing certain. :aok

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »
First thing to do Smokey is get access to the Allied forums.  There you can help shape the Kommand team and come up to speed with what has been happening.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »
I am the CO for the Allies

However, my father suffered a heart attack a couple weeks ago and ive had a virus on my computer which has hampered my time in the AvA.  Last night was the first night i was able to actually fly and fight in about 2 weeks.  When im not on, 68Falcon, TheBug, Shifty, Odee or oACBo is in command.  If all of them are on at the same time, they decide amongst themselves who will lead the Allies for the night!

Yes, the allies have a lack of organization, lack of leadership, but we are trying to build on that.  JG54/11 have been flying in the AvA for a long time and know each other very well, most of the allied guys are new to the AvA and have never flown with each other.  That alone has given us a disadvantage.
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO