Author Topic: Run Pony Run  (Read 1516 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Run Pony Run
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
Don't look too much into it, if they are anything like me, i always used to taunt the enemy over 200 if they were flying smart.  You would be surprised the amount of times they bite the bait or get pissed off and get themselves killed.
Spot on. :rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »
Sort of continuing from the original post, I'd like to know what (if anything) is supposed to be wrong with entering an MA fight with an alt advantage?  Why do some people seem to get angry when another player fights them their own way, in this case speeding down on them from a few K's above?

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 09:58:21 AM »
Just throwing in my two cents here so not meant to be whine or egotisical. I've always noticed this quite bit so decided to finally address the issue. Few days ago, I had someone say to me 'run pony run' -I won't say who it is out of respect but I just found it funny that it was mentioned because he has several of his buddies behind him although further out. I didn't have any more ammo left so really no point of me trying to fight. Issue in point is why do people talk smack when they:

1 - Have more E and/or Alt
2 - In better turner (or faster planes)
3 - Have wingie

I realize people are going to talk smack and it is quite humorous. I can't vouch for other pony drivers but to me anyway, if I know I can't turnfight with say, Spit16, then I am not going to try to get into turn fight. I use my speed to my advantage as any stick would do their plane. Smart pony drivers use their speed against better turners, rather then try to get into fight on the enemy's terms.

1. Correct
2. Affirmative
3. Right
Only a moron will fight to the opponants strength.
Would you get into a turn fight when in a 262?
Would you get into a BnZ fight in a Hurricane?
Would you dive bomb in a Lanc... oops... some do :D
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
Sort of continuing from the original post, I'd like to know what (if anything) is supposed to be wrong with entering an MA fight with an alt advantage?  Why do some people seem to get angry when another player fights them their own way, in this case speeding down on them from a few K's above?

<S>

Yossarian
I have no problem with it at all.  

I think the times I get annoyed is when you see the same few people hover above a furball with the sole intent of cherry picking.  Not that its a bad thing to do once in awhile, but for some, its the only reason they log in.  Very lame, very boring, and very cheap.  

Another situation is when you have  aguy that just simply won't fight you unless he has all the advantages, so, you give him your 6 and prepare your tactics to fight him anyway.  If he misses, he just hits the deck and runs.  Moments later, you'll see him coming back into the picture at 6k above the fight trying to rinse and repeat.  Now, how is he ever going to learn how to be successful, if he is afraid to commit to the project at hand and finish what he started?  What's funny is I have started PMing them telling them how to kill me.  I had a fella yesterday BnZing me in his la7 gainst my 1-hog.  He would come in with great speed, I would move out of his way a little, and he would zoom climb straight back up there.  He finally ran out of gas and had to rtb.  So I went PM with him and told him to chop throttle and rudder spiral down instead of straight down so that he would lose enough E to secure a high percentage snap before he zoomed back up!  When I saw him again, he came much more close to killing me on his first pass. :aok

Using a plane to its abilities is fine, but please, for the sake of wasting peoples time, learn what the thing will do in the TA or offline first rather than practice lameness on people who want to rumble!   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »
I had a similar situation quite awhile back.  Was over enemy field beating up on them.  

The time came to bug out.  lots of enemies and running low on fuel and ammo.

When I did have 200 tuned I see something like "run pony run" I decide to extend but keep this guy interested I forget who it was but it was a vet.  I drag him away from the rest of his friends soon as I know we have a 1 vs 1 i break into him.  I think he was in a Nik or KI61 i was pony D.  Must have took him by surprise because I was right inside of him flaps out killing him before he had a chance to type anything else.

Gave him a salute then landed all my kills   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »
Issue in point is why do people talk smack when they:

1 - Have more E and/or Alt
2 - In better turner (or faster planes)
3 - Have wingie

1 & 3 are a must at all times.

As for #2 i call BS on that one.It is not the plane it is the Pilot that makes all the difference.The ability to make the opponent think you are doing one thing while doing the exact opposite causing the opponents aircraft to be in a negative situation.

Short version--You do a manuver where the opponent only has  the least number of things to do in response.

Why not turn around and sucker that Spit-16 into a bad situation near the ground ie. running into a tree?

As far as i am concerned there are 2 types of pilots in this game:

1.Pilot A--pilot a will engage the enemy no matter how many of them there happenes to be in one area at any given time.Pilot a has no concerns about anything but a good fight nothing else.

2.Pilot B--Who is scared to engage.

it is only cartoon planes what do you have to lose...really?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:36:20 AM by JagdTankker »
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 10:29:29 AM »
Someone refresh my memory.
Who was it that said the game was all bout pissing the other guy off? :)

Skuzzy  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »

<S>

Yossarian

well, imagine a fistfight.......the guy runs in, punches you and simply runs away....is that REALLY a fight? i don't think so........to me, that's about what bnz is.....although i do realize it's a very valid tactic. like i keep saying though.....the fun is in the fight......turning and burning. i know different people like to fight different, so i rarely get past being annoyed.....although i've had my share of loosing my cool..... :O  i still kinda view the bnz'rs as the ones who only really care about their scores too though.....

just my 2 cents.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »
1. Correct
2. Affirmative
3. Right
Only a moron will fight to the opponants strength.
Would you get into a turn fight when in a 262?
Would you get into a BnZ fight in a Hurricane?
Would you dive bomb in a Lanc... oops... some do :D

actually, i've seen people bnz in hurris........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 11:29:57 AM »
Aces High is a video game, since you were little don't you remember playing sports and being competitive? "Hey batter batter" is one term I
remember clearly in High school ball. Its all in good fun however, once you start insulting is when game is being taken to far.

I always said if you take the taunts to seriously, either de-tune 200 or try out a game that involves smurf's or barbie and ken.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »
well, imagine a fistfight.......the guy runs in, punches you and simply runs away....is that REALLY a fight? i don't think so........to me, that's about what bnz is

Well then you gotta  kick em in the nads on the way in.

Thats why I HO em on about the 2nd run, it makes for lively 200 talk.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 11:50:11 AM »
If it was me that said it...(and I have)

I'm just looking to make you make a mistake. Nothing personal, I just want you to turn that crate ever so slightly.  She can't get her E back, we all know it.

On the other side...
The other day... I was flying a tempest and was hunted down by two guys runnin a sweep, one in a 51D the other in a Spit8.  Both came in higher than me by at least 5K.  Spit dove on me first...pony stayed high.  Gave the spit a quick couple of turns to bleed his E, then dropped the nose as the 51 started his dive in.  I got extension on the Spit quick, and the pony settled in at 1000 out... gaining slowly.  I just wanted to separate the two, and work my plane to it's strengths with either of them.  51 starts ribbing me... "run tempest run", which makes me laugh, I know he's pushing that tin can hard to catch me.. he can taste it only 1000 out.

I keep it floored until out of spit's icon range, and he gives up support.  Two quick turns bleeds all of the 51's precious E.... Tempest gets hers back three times faster.  Pull it into vertical on third turn.... 51 stalls.. over the top and I've got him with a 2 second burst.

Climb out... meet the spit at my advantage.  2 down.  Landed with 7. 

Work your plane to her advantages.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 12:03:55 PM »
Day before yesterday I was whacking goons in a jet on the deck, all the sudden squaddie yells, "Rock, break!"  I look back and there are two ponies d-200 and d-400, "Yikes!" I yell on range and pull a slidestep on the d-200 as he was 500+, but I couldnt pull up and in behind him and kill him because the other pony was d-400.  Of course the first pony settled back in at d-200 again but i had started accelerating some and hauled arse for 3/4 a sector before I finally got distance on them.  I was very happy to know that they had not been practicing up on their gunnery!!  All they got was right flap and left eng oil!   :D :rock

"run jet run" hee hee :rofl

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »
I've barked things like this out of 200 before.  As said, it is either to bait you, get your goat or just out of frustration that you are walking away from me and there is nothing I (or the friendlies around me) can do about it.  If you lived through the engagement and were able to egress successfully, good for you and just ingore the comments.  If you ran from the engagement to start with, well up to you to figure out what that means.

Regardless, about 200: don't play in the pool unless you are willing to swim through other people's p1$$.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »
If you have any ammo and fuel remaining you have to ask yourself one question:

"is landing this because i ran away better than dying trying to win an unfair fight?"

if the answer is yes, just accept you are a run tard :D
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]