Author Topic: Run Pony Run  (Read 1540 times)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
Run Pony Run
« on: March 12, 2008, 05:35:50 PM »
Just throwing in my two cents here so not meant to be whine or egotisical. I've always noticed this quite bit so decided to finally address the issue. Few days ago, I had someone say to me 'run pony run' -I won't say who it is out of respect but I just found it funny that it was mentioned because he has several of his buddies behind him although further out. I didn't have any more ammo left so really no point of me trying to fight. Issue in point is why do people talk smack when they:

1 - Have more E and/or Alt
2 - In better turner (or faster planes)
3 - Have wingie

I realize people are going to talk smack and it is quite humorous. I can't vouch for other pony drivers but to me anyway, if I know I can't turnfight with say, Spit16, then I am not going to try to get into turn fight. I use my speed to my advantage as any stick would do their plane. Smart pony drivers use their speed against better turners, rather then try to get into fight on the enemy's terms.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Run Pony Run
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »
You know those monkeys in the zoo that climb trees to throw their feces at passerbys?

Well, smack talking on 200 is for those who are too lazy to climb a tree.

Call me an old man, but I think constant, insipid smack talk when playing a sport or a game has got to be absolutely the most annoying and disgusting habit that middle America has contracted from the "Gangsta" culture.

Simple solution though, don't tune your radio to "Retarded Lemur Theatre".

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
I'm right there with ya Rogent, use your machines strengths. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »
Don't look too much into it, if they are anything like me, i always used to taunt the enemy over 200 if they were flying smart.  You would be surprised the amount of times they bite the bait or get pissed off and get themselves killed.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:53:15 PM »
Hmmm, that could have been me - if it was, my aim was to get the pony down to my level (I was in a zero :D).

I dont do it to cause offence, mainly to get them to come back and fight (mostly in bad odds for them obviously)

Personally, I'd just ignore anything I type on 200...lol......

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 05:56:46 PM »
Issue in point is why do people talk smack when they:

Because they can.....
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »
Why you talk smack? It's simple really, you try to verbally goad the person into doing something they know is a mistake, thus giving you an advantage. There is nothing wrong with smack talk or shall we say goading if it's done in fun and the spirit of the game. Remember your trying to make the other guy make a mental mistake by disrupting his thoughts and natural instincts. Let's say he said "run pony run" then you landed and he gave you a salute, well that would tell your right there he was just trying to get you to make a mental mistake in the spirit of the game. Had you fallen for his smack and turned to engage knowing you were at a disadvantage and low/out of ammo then he just won the mental game.
AKsleepy

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 06:03:54 PM »
I have done the same taunting from time to time. But I really don't mean it in a disrespectful way. I know that most people are only using this "running" as a means offset an advantage that I have. I also generally don't do it when I have numbers on my side (only for 1vs1). Most times I place a LOL or I am waiting for them to reply out of ammo. At which point I would let them go. No fun fighting a defenseless enemy.

The last time I taunted someone like that we had a fun little back and forth session for about 3-5 minutes. Come to find out he was luring me to his 5-7 friends. Was funny as he11. I gave a LOL and wtg lring me in like that.

<salute>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:27:48 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
Posted by: BnZ
Call me an old man, but I think constant, insipid smack talk when playing a sport or a game has got to be absolutely the most annoying and disgusting habit that middle America has contracted from the "Gangsta" culture.

i so agree,  i dont talk smack, try not to,
i very much enjoy flying the spits, i am most often out numberd, and i will always ingage the nme no matter the odds,  why ???
because its fun, fun i tell ya, then you get some #@%$  talking crap,  because im in a spit or LA,that is the most ennoying part of AH
people say detune 200, why should i? i like typing to the players i have good fights with!!!!!
 and some of these  smack talkers have private typed and private talked to me, what the hell is that all about?? all of a sudden a new voice comes on, i look up and see that its my squad color vox, and this person is talking crap. thats putting it lightly too, this is defanitly the worst aspect of AH.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 06:29:27 PM »
"I've always noticed this quite bit so decided to finally address the issue"

Why, its not going to change anything? Those that whine, do.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »
Don't look too much into it, if they are anything like me, i always used to taunt the enemy over 200 if they were flying smart.  You would be surprised the amount of times they bite the bait or get pissed off and get themselves killed.

I use to do the same thing in Aces High, I would tell them to "Get back here and die like a man". You wouldn't believe how many would turn and come back and of course die. It appealed to their testosterone I reckon. Ironically, I stoled that from LPN.

Oh Getback does not refer to that line, it's from a Beatles song.

You don't hear me on 200 much anymore. Anything said seems to degrade to grade school level quite fast. Not only that, I nor my squad  do not need to be singled out as a target. Our Squad also preaches to our members not to smack talk on 200. So hopefully it wasn't one of our guys. If it is a Rolling Thunder pilot please inform Dadsguns or Faclcon23 or even myself and I will pass it along.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 08:35:51 PM »
Just throwing in my two cents here so not meant to be whine or egotisical. I've always noticed this quite bit so decided to finally address the issue. Few days ago, I had someone say to me 'run pony run' -I won't say who it is out of respect but I just found it funny that it was mentioned because he has several of his buddies behind him although further out. I didn't have any more ammo left so really no point of me trying to fight. Issue in point is why do people talk smack when they:

1 - Have more E and/or Alt
2 - In better turner (or faster planes)
3 - Have wingie

I realize people are going to talk smack and it is quite humorous. I can't vouch for other pony drivers but to me anyway, if I know I can't turnfight with say, Spit16, then I am not going to try to get into turn fight. I use my speed to my advantage as any stick would do their plane. Smart pony drivers use their speed against better turners, rather then try to get into fight on the enemy's terms.

because they can...and they know it'll bother you...and obviously they're right, as you have to be at least a leeetle bothered to post this.....me..when someone in a faster plane is running or extending.....i turn n climb while i wait for them to come back. 90% of the time they'll turn back........ :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »
I have alot of friends that talk alot of smack on 200, they just think it's another part of the game, fun, don't take offence to it, I myself don't tune 200 at all, as far as pony's go, they weren't ment for turn fighting in, at least not aganst spit's and such, fly your plane to its advantage thats all. :aok
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 08:04:40 AM »
You know those monkeys in the zoo that climb trees to throw their feces at passerbys?

Well, smack talking on 200 is for those who are too lazy to climb a tree.

Simple solution though, don't tune your radio to "Retarded Lemur Theatre".

As a sports official, I couldn't agree more with you. 
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:17 AM »
Someone refresh my memory.
Who was it that said the game was all bout pissing the other guy off? :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------