Author Topic: Bodhi  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Bodhi
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 05:33:10 AM »
was it a 2v1? Looks like a burst of tracers from someone with obvious bad aim trying to cherry pick Arlo.

ack-ack

Hey, my aim's so bad I cherrypick myself. But I *still* wanna see that "perfect" dogfight (actual dogfight ... measured in minutes not nanoseconds) where high deflection just doesn't ever happen and two opponents always face the same direction before one or the other slides into that one and only acceptable position ... fifty yards off the six, identical headings, identical pitch, etc.  ;) :devil

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 06:38:35 AM »
Does it really matter?  Someone got deaded so let them whine until the cows come home. :cry 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 07:26:13 AM »
that is definetly a HO, both planes with gunsolution.  Now comes the part where we have to accept a HO was comitted.  Was this is complete, we can begin the healing process.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 07:34:57 AM »
Hey, my aim's so bad I cherrypick myself. But I *still* wanna see that "perfect" dogfight (actual dogfight ... measured in minutes not nanoseconds) where high deflection just doesn't ever happen and two opponents always face the same direction before one or the other slides into that one and only acceptable position ... fifty yards off the six, identical headings, identical pitch, etc.  ;) :devil
I have a many of those, or did before I deleted 800 films.  I may have some on this new batch of films, but it is the only way I like to fight.....for the complete and total ownage of the saddle!  I will often just follow the gella around for a bit just to see if he can shake me.   :rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »
I have a many of those, or did before I deleted 800 films.  I may have some on this new batch of films, but it is the only way I like to fight.....for the complete and total ownage of the saddle!  I will often just follow the gella around for a bit just to see if he can shake me.   :rock

Deleted or not, the films aren't perfect, either. If you were in any kind of dogfight with an opponent evenly matched and you claim that your opponent never had an HD opportunity (especially based on nothing more than your frontend perspective) then I think your monitor and/or SA is broken. ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:52:21 AM by Arlo »

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 08:07:22 AM »
Thats a HO in my book. 

Just peeved me especially when you had an immediate 2 to 1 advantage, with three more 109's less than 3k out coming to join too...  here nor there, it's a game.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 08:12:20 AM »
was a HO but just barely.  if bodhi had not checked fire you woud be dead Bubi.  looks like a nice reversal bodhi

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 11:32:10 AM »
Whatever happend to dogfighting?  The part where you earn your opponent's six?
Earn your opponents six before thinking about shooting him.

Earn your kill.

I think I had the best 1 on 1 fight with u so far Kermit in the Special events arena after FSO.  Betty thought she was gonna sucker me into me getting slaughtered by ya in the 109's hehehe. <S>
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »
But I *still* wanna see that "perfect" dogfight (actual dogfight ... measured in minutes not nanoseconds) where high deflection just doesn't ever happen and two opponents always face the same direction before one or the other slides into that one and only acceptable position ... fifty yards off the six, identical headings, identical pitch, etc.  ;) :devil

Here you go Arlo, two perfect examples. It is not a myth, some folk do actualy have the restraint to wait for a better shot.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/noho.ahf

please watch the film, its only 2 mins.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 02:17:34 PM »
In the time before that, Bodhi was lined up on a squaddy, I came in to help. I couldnt get there in time, and bodhi popped my squaddy (Zud). He then broke (of course), but happened to break in my direction (probably didnt know I was there...) I was already RTB, as I was in a heavy 190F8 (I had dropped my bomb at that point, but was still carrying rockets) and the odds were starting to turn against me (no matter what the rest of you would have done, I was not going to stick around on the deck in a heavy 190). I was already turned inward to saddle up on Bodhi, I had the shot, it didnt look like he had a solution on me at the moment I pulled the trigger, and I shot. It was pretty close though.

Just peeved me especially when you had an immediate 2 to 1 advantage, with three more 109's less than 3k out coming to join too...  here nor there, it's a game.

Actually, that was Zud. It was Zud and VonMessa vs. you when 5 of JG11 were in 109's the sortie before. You were running from the Niki and came at us from behind, remember? Then, once you put nose down and run (same exact thing I would have done in that situation) we chased you for a bit, then Stampf, Vater and I turned back and Zud and Messa continued to chase you. I didnt realise Zud was still down there so I turned back around to help VonMessa, but you were already dead when I got there, though I was close enough to see Zud's ho against you. In that situation, I would have been just as frustrated as you, honestly.

I honestly would not have brought this up if not for this-

And then this
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:59:19 PM by Motherland »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »

Here you go Arlo, two perfect examples. It is not a myth, some folk do actualy have the restraint to wait for a better shot.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/noho.ahf

please watch the film, its only 2 mins.

S!

Maybe later. "Waiting" for a "better" shot is optional. :D

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 03:46:44 PM »
But I *still* wanna see that "perfect" dogfight (actual dogfight ... measured in minutes not nanoseconds) where high deflection just doesn't ever happen and two opponents always face the same direction before one or the other slides into that one and only acceptable position {snip}

:huh

you asked and i supplied you with just that exact dogfight. but maybe later works too.

400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »
I think I had the best 1 on 1 fight with u so far Kermit in the Special events arena after FSO.  Betty thought she was gonna sucker me into me getting slaughtered by ya in the 109's hehehe. <S>

I'm still trying to forget that fight...  :D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »

LOL!  You should practice what you preach sometime.

ack-ack

:lol

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »
Ok ... post the friggin' film where you have that "skillful dogfight" involving nothing but side-slips, throttle-cuts and flap-drops to try to maintain that one and only acceptable six o'clock shot while both of you constantly face the same direction to avoid one or the other whining "Nice HO!" :D

I've been flying without vulching/ho'n for YEARS.

I've said that many times for many years now.

And again, Alro, see my 4th link in my signature.