Author Topic: You can stop whingeing now  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
You can stop whingeing now
« on: March 14, 2008, 06:48:15 AM »
All those people who keep whingeing about how unfair it is when they get shot down by a spitfire should note the top pilots dont seem to use them so they cant be that great :uhoh

Here it comes

Anyway my point is that if someone slightly less skillfull than you gets you in a spit aim higher  :angel:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: You can stop whingeing now
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »
Spits  :rock

I do wish more people would land kills in the 1,5, 9 and 14.  Chances are when you see someone land its a 16.  Hence people taking up the easy, easier mode spits.

The Spit 5 is a dream to fly and anyone who learns to fight in that will be a good proper furballer!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 06:59:15 AM »
the spit14 is really like an uber 109 with frikking laser beams.  the fact is that weak always gravitate to the easiest.  since the spits are so very favorably modelled in AH they will always attract the cadre of the amoeba slime pit.  in the AvA we swat down spitlings as a matter of course, we consider them a staple much like brown bread and beir!!!

when you get a chance please define whingeing for me.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 07:04:15 AM »
ohhh Storchie, 

Don't make me come in there and give you some loving.

:D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »
I used to hate seeing an enemy Spitfire. But now that I've been flying the Hurricane, I just smile an head that direction  :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 07:15:02 AM »
I used to hate seeing an enemy Spitfire. But now that I've been flying the Hurricane, I just smile an head that direction  :devil

Yeah my point, you have progressed beyond crying about it and started fighting like a man ;)
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 07:17:58 AM »

The Spit 5 is a dream to fly and anyone who learns to fight in that will be a good proper furballer!

I cant get beyond the lack of ammo and the roll rate in the 16 is so great.
DFC/GFC/OAP

storch

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 07:19:59 AM »
ohhh Storchie, 

Don't make me come in there and give you some loving.

:D
it was a sort of invitation for just such an occurance with the added hope that you will teach some of the newer players what the spit is capable of.  stop on by the AvA if you can't sleep and give us a fight!!

storch

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 07:21:40 AM »
bwahahahaha a woobiecaner.  that's it l'il fellow just strap on the training wheels.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 07:28:13 AM »
Spell check on the title, and spits are easy kills.   I would fly one much more except they don't catch ponies, la7's, dora's, or typhoons,which is what most of you dorks graduate to after pretending to know what you're doing in a spit! :aok

:rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 07:28:59 AM »
Spell check on the title, and spits are easy kills.   I would fly one much more except they don't catch ponies, la7's, dora's, or typhoons,which is what most of you dorks graduate to after pretending to know what you're doing in a spit! :aok

:aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 07:29:25 AM »
the spit14 is really like an uber 109 with frikking laser beams.  the fact is that weak always gravitate to the easiest.  since the spits are so very favorably modelled in AH they will always attract the cadre of the amoeba slime pit.  in the AvA we swat down spitlings as a matter of course, we consider them a staple much like brown bread and beir!!!

when you get a chance please define whingeing for me.

hi storch
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 07:44:01 AM »

Spits can if you have an altitude advantage as you can convert altitude into speed. You need to think in more than 2 dimensions, i know I used to have the same problem. ;)

Appologies I forgot to ADD :rofl
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:45:45 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 07:46:55 AM »

I do wish more people would land kills in the 1,5, 9 and 14.  Chances are when you see someone land its a 16.  Hence people taking up the easy, easier mode spits.

I prefer the 9 to the 5, as it is my primary ride, but that is just me.  I never fly the 16 and think that enemies actually underestimate you once they find out you are not in a Spit16 and are a little more aggressive.  That aggressiveness usually ends in their demise.  :t

<S>
Spazz

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »
:aok

So you guys have expanded the beef to LA,s Dora, Typhoon etc What next Hurri 1,s and P40's  :lol
DFC/GFC/OAP