Author Topic: Slave Reparations  (Read 4415 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Slave Reparations
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
And damned be any context.

Sorry Trax, I might've gotten ahead of myself on that post.  You have to be a bit more specific. You can't follow a conversation using "you" and "your" etc in reference to guy you're talking to, and then suddenly switch the meaning to "you" in general, and expect the other guy to read your mind.

And I'm done for now.  I won't be around to respond to more guys not trying to understand the meaning of posts but merely fishing for excuses to call others racist or whatever.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:56:44 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »
Yeah I was just using you & your in a general sense of anybody reading it, just a misunderstanding.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2008, 11:03:38 PM »
See Rule #4, #5

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:37:06 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2008, 11:11:22 PM »
See Rules #4, #5
Have you been able to become a productive member of society now that your a parolee, or do you still feel the stigma from society stereotyping you as a parolee? :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:37:31 AM by Skuzzy »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2008, 11:18:22 PM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:37:54 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2008, 02:59:58 AM »
See Rules #5
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:38:21 AM by Skuzzy »
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2008, 03:14:19 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:41:47 AM by Skuzzy »

Skuzzyfied!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2008, 07:42:29 AM »
The wrongs committed by slavery have been paid for by the men of the american civil war. It'll be a cold day in hell before I give someone money because they're black! Call me what ya will,but they still won't get money from this ole boy!
Lighten up Francis

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
nuke.. you need to put up or shut up...  please link the thread where I said I would not hire a black guy.  I think the context needs to be brought out.   I think that hiring a whiny, chip on his shoulder "you owe me" negro is simply a bad idea.. if you can avoid having one of the thin skinned problems around you are gonna be much better off.. why buy trouble?  why be a martyr?   I will leave that to you and the PC crowd.   good luck with that.. I am sure that they will love you for it....at least a threads worth.

Go ahead..  link the thread.. it will just prove what I already know..  you can't understand what you read.

the first person to play the race card and call racist was not me in this thread and I quote....

"Boy a topic like this gets the closet racists, to come out like ants being drawn out and getting stuck in mollases.

Notice most of them are conservatives..... "   

Now go ahead nuke.. tell me again who was the first..

As for stereotypes?   We just finished a "holiday" that pretty much called every person of Irish decent a drunk.

I would not have a mexican girlfriend if her people were half as thin skinned as some of the women on this board.

She likes to watch home improvement shows...  there will be the obligatory landscape segment.. I say "see the guy with the clipboard?  he looks just like me.. Now, see the guys digging the holes?"   

She stereotypes my warlike and drunken stuborn ancestry.

I take each and every person as an individual.. as moot points out.. I have known real bigotry and how useless it is.  This reverse racism and special treatment stuff just feels exactly like the stuff I used to wallow in.   I don't expect the chip on his shoulder new racist to understand this or the PC butt smootcher..  I do find it refreshing to find people like my girlfriend and moot and millions of others who aren't playing this game..

lazs
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:29:46 AM by lazs2 »

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »
Some years ago at function I attended at my daughter's school the principle made a statement to the assembly that part of the schools mission was to, and I paraphrase, " celebrate diversity and strive for blind equality". When I commented that she had served herself a pretty complex challenge she looked at me cow eyed and said " I don't know about that, it seems to me they go hand in hand". Understand that she was administering a school for "gifted" students.

Granted, this was a female person of color. I really expected nothing less but I was disappointed that even my wife at the time didn't divine the fundamental contradiction in that statement.

The point is that many people seem to have the tendency to latch on to buzz words and co-opt their meaning without really thinking about what they are saying.

"Racist" is another. To employ the terms "racism", "prejudice", and "bigotry", as the same concept is to my way of thinking extremely simple minded. On St' Pat's day I celebrate. Being partially Irish (I can still pass for white) I embrace the characterizations that the Irish hold as typical of their heritage. Poetry, Red headed girls, easy smiles, apocalyptic inebriation, the whole deal. At the feast of St. Joe we embrace the culture of our neighbors of Italian decent. To this day calling my friend Tony C. a Mick will get you thrown out of his house. He's as stereotypically dago as they come and he'll be the first to tell you. He's proud of it. Are we racists? Yes. We acknowledge different cultures and have the presence of mind to perceive that different cultures have different attributes.

Prejudice and bigotry have distinct definitions also. Not mutually exclusive but by no means synonymous. They are concepts that define much if not most of human history. As such I think it's fair to say they are concepts that are integral to humanity. Certainly more so than charity and benevolence. Healthy or not, I believe these traits are common to all of us to varying degrees. To me, hypocrisy is far more unwholesome.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2008, 08:51:15 AM »
thruster.. you seem dangerously close to not embracing PC ideals of diversity and equality.

I agree with what you have said tho.  Words do mean something.  I believe that I do know the meaning of racist and most of what passes for racism today is not.   I believe that being stuck in the PC version fosters real racism.

mostly.. no one likes to be around a whiner or a racist.  To admit that does not make anyone a bigot.

lazs

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2008, 09:07:42 AM »
"PC" fosters more ignorance than racism ever could.

what could be more unamerican...or more dangerous...than a society adopting an unofficial mandate that calls for "intentionally hiding, disregarding, or even modifying the actual truth in order to protect a person or group of people's feelings"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:09:15 AM by ZetaNine »

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2008, 09:29:32 AM »
nuke.. you need to put up or shut up...  please link the thread where I said I would not hire a black guy. 

I think the context needs to be brought out.   I think that hiring a whiny, chip on his shoulder "you owe me" negro is simply a bad idea.. if you can avoid having one of the thin skinned problems around you are gonna be much better off.. why buy trouble?  why be a martyr?   I will leave that to you and the PC crowd.   good luck with that.. I am sure that they will love you for it....at least a threads worth.

So...in the same post you deny saying you wouldn't hire a black guy...and then go on to state WHY you wouldn't hire a black guy.

lol
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2008, 09:37:03 AM »
and then go on to state WHY you wouldn't hire a WHINEY black guy.

fixed.

I'm a small business owner inclined to agree. Whining & owe me attitudes are useless. Black, white, red, yellow, green, purple. All that matters is you produce. Angry, owe-me people produce less than happy, motivated people. Pretty simple.

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »
So...in the same post you deny saying you wouldn't hire a black guy...and then go on to state WHY you wouldn't hire a black guy.

lol

I don't blame him on that. Why would you hire one of those folks that acts and feels that way, better to steer clear.

Now if Lasz would do the same if it was a white guy acting the same way... i have no problem with what he's saying.

I think that is what he's saying.

Skuzzyfied!