Author Topic: Leave GVs out of AvA  (Read 565 times)

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
Leave GVs out of AvA
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »
Hi All,
With the numbers being what they are, why include GVs?  I personally think it would be better to have more focus on the air to air aspect for base capture.  This is not a strong preference, but I think it may be a better overall war without GVs.

Venom

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Leave GVs out of AvA
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »
It really depends on the terrain imo. With 1-1/2 sectors between some bases, it can make for slow game-play, so a GV raid now and then actually provides some quick action. This is from someone who isn't normally a GV fan.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:28:53 AM »
Keep the GV's We love them!!!! its fun to tear up a bomber group with an M16. even more fun is to whack a bunch of troops with one!!! we want the wirblewind, we want the wirblewind,we want the wirblewind!!! hehehehe  :)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »
Well GV's is one place where the axis are substantially better.  So of course, by all means kill the GV's.     :huh
P-47 pilot

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:51:14 AM »
How about limiting spawn points to your base?  The bases in AvA are close which is great for air to air.  The problem is that it's too close and people just run GVs for base capture.  Just last night the Axis ran a few GVs in to take a port.  The allies were all in the air.  It kind makes the war meaningless.  For all of the air to air bravado talk on both sides, it seems a shame to have the war heavily dictated by GVs.

Venom

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 10:39:24 AM »
How about limiting spawn points to your base?  The bases in AvA are close which is great for air to air.  The problem is that it's too close and people just run GVs for base capture.  Just last night the Axis ran a few GVs in to take a port.  The allies were all in the air.  It kind makes the war meaningless.  For all of the air to air bravado talk on both sides, it seems a shame to have the war heavily dictated by GVs.

Venom

I was one of the GV's it was about a 10min drive with a panzer and about another 5 to kill the VH and acks. When we had troops rolling their was an allied plane over the spawn. But he decided to land his kills instead of defending the base. He had plenty of time to at least put the call out on country channel and even enough time to land and comeback to kill the M3's before they got to the port.

Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »
Uh, How are we gonna sneak Allied bases without the M3? i dont think its Gv's we need to leave out, i think it just may be you!  :noid

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 10:34:49 PM »
Well GV's is one place where the axis are substantially better.  So of course, by all means kill the GV's.     :huh
You just chose wisely.  :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »
Uh, How are we gonna sneak Allied bases without the M3? i dont think its Gv's we need to leave out, i think it just may be you!  :noid

As stated, it's not a strong preference but that is kind of my point.  Why sneak bases?  I had thought the primary point of AvA was good straight up fights.  Now I think it's more of MA with a twist.  It has the revolving planeset, reduced icon range, reduced numbers, and 2 country war to differentiate which is all very good.  The "war" gameplay is similiar to MA though.   I never had an issue with MA so I'm fine with it, just had different expectations coming in.

Venom

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 12:36:54 PM »
when an airfield is beaten into submission and the only thing left is the GV hanger, you can still defend it using GV's. you can also take bases with GV's. either one falls into the war category. just my 2 cents