Author Topic: VMF-251 Recruiting  (Read 921 times)

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Re: VMF-251 Recruiting
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 04:19:53 PM »
Well, not likely to be changing countries any time soon, and we fly out of whatever field we are needed from, and our squadron is both equipped and trained for carrier operations (granted I'd love to have a fully land-based 1A short the extra 500lbs the wing folding and arrestor gear add on).

If it helps we DO fly the -1 Birdcage when the 1A or later is unavailable (ENY, MidWar, etc) ;)

I hear ya.  I fly the -1 'cuz it's got a higher eny.  As long as it says Vought on the plate I really don't care what the dash number is.  Back in the day Ripsnort made us learn to take fully loaded -1Ds off the CV without backing them up.  That'll put some gray in your hair.

I'm heading home early from work (too bloody tired to think) so I'll pop over and see if I can find any of your guys on.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: VMF-251 Recruiting
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 04:44:09 PM »
cc. We're all flying in FSO tonight at 11pm EST and I'm tentatively expecting a full roster so won't have space available, but our squad night is Saturday 9pm EST. Attendance has been lower lately, probably because of FSO participation, but will be trying to start getting everyone in the Mains regularly again.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.