Author Topic: Why puffy ack doesn't work.  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: Why puffy ack doesn't work.
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »
There is something wierd at work with puffy ack, in my estimation.  Some times it's a nuisance - but if I don't get too close to the source it's not too big a deal. 

But once in a while, it's like the dice are glued on snake eyes - by the third puff (still "dot distance") it's dialed in on me and I'm poof.   And once I"m "dialed in", I'm dialed in for the night (or perhaps until I log, haven't tried that) it seems. Anywhere it can reach me, I'm a goner as soon as it starts firing. 

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »
12k alt, almost 1/4 sector away, poof=lost gear, bam=pilot wound, kaboom=ceased to exist.

be afraid.  be very afraid... :eek:   
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Vipper65

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »
Puffy ack seems to be working just fine.  Ya can't even have a good fight for the ack.  I guess if you can see the CV you are to close.  First round I get the CV in sight 10k and just close enough to see the wake.......BOOM....tore the whole back of my F4U off.........second round dive in on an F6F and the HO tard missed but the ack didnt took a wing off.....again way out from the CV. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:26:20 AM by Vipper65 »
Viper
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

VF-17 Jolly Rogers, 52ND Fighter Group