Author Topic: Wirblewind  (Read 9171 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Speaking of lancstukas
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2008, 11:58:07 PM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3KUJ5J5Q

Things to note:
-That many planes weren't enough to clear the base for capture.  Bad tactics on their part..  I got 10 kills, we were maybe 6-8, there might've been 30-50 kills altogether (I didn't pay attention).
-It's not that those planes weren't organised, because neither were the WWs, and there weren't that many WWs.
+The WW isn't that lethal.  It's as prone to only damaging planes with bad aim and/or bad luck.  A P38 flies off with 3x the amount of hits as some of the other planes.  The A20 and some of the other planes also take a whole lot of hits before dying.
+What a good supply of ammo for GVs can do for this sort of op.  Teamwork pays off big time.. You don't have to cautiously keep your ammo for sure shots, you can stay on the trigger as long as you know you're near a hit = more kills and attackers start thinking twice.
-FORTRESS illustrates what's wrong with the dive bombing level bombers.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Wirblewind
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2008, 02:47:05 AM »
What would be the downside to giving the Wobble a low perk value like 5 points? It was after all a rare late war GV and in this game is clearly the equivalent of a child-friendly turbo laser. I like it, and I'm exceptionally glad it's here, but I can't understand, for instance, why the TA152 would be a perk ride and the Wobble not be one.

- SEAGOON

:rofl
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2008, 02:49:07 AM »
it cant kill things 1.5k + 

Even 1.0k is a lucky shot.  Now why perk something that can be bombed quite easily without even getting into gun range.  Vulchers = Dead = GOOD

Shame they restricted the osty  :cry

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2008, 03:34:55 AM »
It can i believe, just need some practice. Dont know what is maximal range for 20mm guns, but 12mm reach 1.5 for sure.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2008, 04:27:16 AM »
Oh, I will kill more easily even.. because I have to switch back to bombs.

Not necessarily, you may just have to begin hunting with a wingman or more: as I said, it will add a whole new dimension to GV hunting, a really funny one, IMHO.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2008, 04:29:04 AM »
Not necessarily, you may just have to begin hunting with a wingman or more: as I said, it will add a whole new dimension to GV hunting, a really funny one, IMHO.

Flying with wingmen is no option for me. So I have to use bombs :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:14 AM »
want a hug lusche?
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2008, 04:46:28 AM »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2008, 05:00:28 AM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »
When theres a large raid on a VH base now and theres alot of WW out it almost looks like Baghdad did during those first few nights of the war with all those tracer rounds going up into the air.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
after upping a WW at a capped field I want the guns to sound like the laser cannons in Star Wars. I didn't look at moots film since I'm at work but I was able to roll around a field Nits were attacking and knock down 10 and collect 4 more assists. Longest shot was 1.5 and an A20 that knows how to bomb out side that range seems to be the way to kill them.

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
want a hug lusche?

i was ticked when he got rid of his "cmon cant we all get along....gimme a hug!!" sig  :cry :cry

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2008, 04:11:07 PM »

I think the Whirble will cut into the M-16s game time and not so much the Osti. A lot of guys are comfortable with the Ostie, have spent a lot of time in them, and have gotten real good with them. The Ostie is a pretty much lights out wheeled ack and can kill good at distance. The M-16s will still be used when the speed of the vehicle is needed. But for general base defense? I think the M-16 will be used far less now. One thing about the Whirble is it has a very realistic recoil shake that takes a little getting used to.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »
I think the Whirble will cut into the M-16s game time and not so much the Osti. A lot of guys are comfortable with the Ostie, have spent a lot of time in them, and have gotten real good with them. The Ostie is a pretty much lights out wheeled ack and can kill good at distance.

That long range shooting doesn't work in Ostwind anymore. You now can't give enough lead without completely losing sight of your target.

Offline LTARifle

• Zinc Member
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2008, 05:01:42 PM »
That long range shooting doesn't work in Ostwind anymore. You now can't give enough lead without completely losing sight of your target.
I wouldn't say that ;)
Play with your zoom and view setup you can find a field of view that works :aok
RIP Mac

566 SHAP Red Storm
II/JG27 Final Battle
98 Squadron Enemy Coast Ahead
aka Drephus 65th Fs and SWrifle 125th Spartans