Author Topic: Congraulations to ROX  (Read 4887 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Congraulations to ROX
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2008, 01:28:19 AM »
All I can say is that there is a large core group of this community that have given freely of their time to enhance AH in one way or another, and make it better for everyone.

I find it absolutely disgusting the way some of you have treated a few said community members, and I can honestly say the game would be better off without you.

Edit: If it helps to clearify....Delirium would be in the giver catagory in my book.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:48:52 AM by Murdr »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »
I find it absolutely disgusting the way some of you have treated a few said community members, and I can honestly say the game would be better off without you.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2008, 01:35:20 AM »
Hey ROX,
Great job on the missions bud.  I had to work this weekend, but will be off Easter Sunday and will probably fly in the evening.  Give me a holler if youre gonna run one.
 :salute

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »
LOL saw the "Alliance" work tonite first hand.  3-4 of us stopped em cold at 39 without fighters or vehicles.  B25C, IL2 and an SBD.  Killed numerous goons, out turning 38s in a 25C.  Jeez that's just sad.  Took the horde numerous attempts.  Yep you finally got it, but if it takes that long at 40+ vs 4, it's a sad day for Aces High.  Then one of the horde had the audacity to call Del a spy!  Me thinks someone takes things a bit too seriously :)

All in the name of hording bases with overwhelming numbers against little opposition.

If that's reason for congratulations, and that's what you believe is fun in this game,  I really feel for ya.

But hey!  Congrats!  You've taken the game to a new level!  :rolleyes:

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2008, 02:28:14 AM »
Guppy, Del is clearly Stang's accomplice.

ROX:
"Take that to HTC, not on the forums!!"  Is that why you posted that pic of Stang in the mission roster?  "Stone cold BUSTED" - busted doing what?  Something worth checking the facts on before posting on the forums?
Tell you what.. You admit the reason for posting that pic, and I'll admit it might not have been you specificaly that started the mass .report on Stang.  And I'll apologize.  On my knees, maybe.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:30:29 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
lol...
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2008, 02:34:00 AM »
LOL saw the "Alliance" work tonite first hand.  3-4 of us stopped em cold at 39 without fighters or vehicles.  B25C, IL2 and an SBD.  Killed numerous goons, out turning 38s in a 25C.  Jeez that's just sad.  Took the horde numerous attempts.  Yep you finally got it, but if it takes that long at 40+ vs 4, it's a sad day for Aces High.  Then one of the horde had the audacity to call Del a spy!  Me thinks someone takes things a bit too seriously :)

All in the name of hording bases with overwhelming numbers against little opposition.

If that's reason for congratulations, and that's what you believe is fun in this game,  I really feel for ya.

But hey!  Congrats!  You've taken the game to a new level!  :rolleyes:

LOL!  My SBD didn't even show up 'till the end because of my bathroom/food break.  I really hope that you "Alliance" guys don't take it that seriously, as it's sad in a lot of ways.  Anyways, I can see why it takes you guys forever to take three fields.  I just hope this isn't the way AH is going - massive hoards that swamp over a base (NOE) and then brag about it.

And whichever FB called Del a spy, and yes I will check my film (for personal use only) it's a sad day for you also, having to blame your epic failure on del spying.  The very definition of an ignorant coward.

propagaged

Ehh? :huh

All I know is knights are sick & tired of being the doormat in this game, and they aren't going to take it anymore.

They want to have FUN again, and they tell Chappy, Racdogg and me that "Alliance Missions" are exactly that, FUN.

Knights are having fun again, and I am PROUD of them!

I personally think it's sad that "this" is considered fun by many, but hey, it's not my 15 dollars.

Yeah, I really like those big missions.

The hoarding, the virtual non-existence of a chance of failure, not having to know ACM.

Yeah, those are the days.

x2 - QFT!

All I can say is that there is a large core group of this community that have given freely of their time to enhance AH in one way or another, and make it better for everyone.

Edit: If it helps to clearify....Delirium would be in the giver catagory in my book.

Again, x2 and QFT!

Ban Murdr?  lol...

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Cipher77

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2008, 02:52:23 AM »
Last night, I tried explaining these missions were not helping AH and really didn't provide any challenge.
No, I won't announce their targets, but these missions are definitely a cure for insomnia.

To smooth things over, I decided to join one of these missions... there was 39 guys (out of a total of 88 knights on) and they attacked a base NOE.

Going in, they lost 1/4 to enemy CV ack, another half to field ack and GVs, and the last quarter to the few defenders that were able to get up. They never did take the base and explained their failure from 'spies' and the enemy using 'aimbots'.

Do whatever you want Alliance, I won't get involved as I have little respect for the horde... it is too bad some good people I really like are involved in it.

:rofl u were a spy, to day u got shot down and were on the rook side. care to explain???? <S> ROX, CHAPPY, RacDogg, all Knights
proud  member of III/JG2

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2008, 02:52:43 AM »
Guppy, Del is clearly Stang's accomplice.

ROX:
"Take that to HTC, not on the forums!!"  Is that why you posted that pic of Stang in the mission roster?  "Stone cold BUSTED" - busted doing what?  Something worth checking the facts on before posting on the forums?
Tell you what.. You admit the reason for posting that pic, and I'll admit it might not have been you specificaly that started the mass .report on Stang.  And I'll apologize.  On my knees, maybe.

That big suckin' sound is your  respect  going down the toilet dude

AMF

ROX

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2008, 02:53:54 AM »
Edit:  For the sake of the community, I'm going to leave it at that. 

donkey
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:08:41 AM by DoNKeY »
2sBlind

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2008, 03:21:34 AM »
:rofl u were a spy, to day u got shot down and were on the rook side. care to explain???? <S> ROX, CHAPPY, RacDogg, all Knights

It's a rather well known fact that Delirium, Corkyjr, myself, and quite a few others switch sides on a regular basis to help keep the teams even. I personally fly for whatever team has the fewest numbers. I have been known to switch sides multiple times in an evening.

Does that make me a spy? :noid
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2008, 03:35:47 AM »
Elfie that is not the sound of black copters circling your bunker.. But merely the sound of your respect.. going down the crapper.  :uhoh

ROX, say that you didn't post that pic of Stang to do exactly what you reproach me of doing.. Don't you see that you're cursing me up and down because I supposedly did something you did yourself, before I even replied in the first place?  Don't you think that's sort of inconsistent, somehow?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:39:03 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2008, 10:50:31 AM »
Massive missions are one step from taking undefended bases to me.

Chances are that even if you fail in your particular aspect of the mission someone else will take care of it due to redundancy.

Eventually, due to the lack of challenge, most people grow bored and look towards other challenges.  I think the natural progression is to air combat and ACM in particular.

They become aware of it, curious about it, think about it, read some of the trainer materials, talk to others and discuss aspects of it and when they are appropriate, visit the TA with a knowledge person or trainer, start applying it in the MA and finally discover how much challenge and joy there is in winning in a one-on-one.  Especially when outnumbered or at a disadvantage.

Of course some take it too far and actually attribute real-life worthiness at shooting down pixels, but it does give a sense of accomplishment that certainly cannot be diminished because others are there to make sure you don't fail.

Oh well.  Take that for what it may or may not be worth.  I'm through with this thread.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »

I would explain.. in fact I had several paragraphs typed out on the subject, but the point is that there are a lot of people, myself included that jump from country to country not because we care so much about who wins the map but because we care oh so very little.  I know that is a hard idea for some people to wrap their heads around but try and take my word for it.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Re: kilz
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

Now, I am being accused of abusing the .report feature AND the "C" word.

Please call HTC Monday and ask..."Who .reported Stang a month ago?".....AND..."Is ROX ("C"  word)?".

When you find out the truth, please come back and make a public apology.

Your alleged film someone posted won't address either of those accusations, PERIOD.

If you wish to skewer and defame someone's honor & character in public, you sure as heck better apologize publicly when you find out your wrong.

ROX

I await an apology from you accusing me of being a spy then.  If we're going to get all into character and public statements, you need to be the first to ante up since your posted picture was a direct, although clueless, accusation that I was spying.

I did the exact same thing Delirium did and was treated the same way, just for switching countries and then tagging along with you all.  The moment I suggested you guys do something a little less noobish and lame you all dogpiled on me for no reason. 

I know you guys are new and all caught up with the war effort over everything else, but that's no excuse to be a clueless dolt.  Try using your head, it's there for a reason.

I await the apology.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2008, 12:42:42 PM »
Wow I cant believe I actually wasted my time reading this thread.

LMAO at what Guppy Posted about stopping their mission with 4 planes, I got a good chuckle out of that.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA