Author Topic: Congraulations to ROX  (Read 4915 times)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Re: Congraulations to ROX
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
LOL.  How could I have missed out on that?!  Hope you guys run another mission tonight, I'll be waiting  :devil
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2008, 01:05:02 PM »
I was somewhat kidding when I posted my thread asking if the AH IQ had dropped dramatically.  Apparently the question was more accurate then I thought
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »
Sadly true, Dan.  I miss the old days where the toolshedders weren't clueless dolts, they just preferred their style of play.  This new breed is something else entirely.

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »
Folks, this is going to end badly. 

Everyone is entitled to their own gameplay.  Heck, the other day I was vulched on landing.  Engine smoking, missing half a wing, and some other parts.  It's all part of the game.  My bad for not having a fellow teammate watch my back. 

If you want to horde, by all means go ahead.  If you're having fun defeating that horde....congrats.  Thats why I love this game!

I saw Lazer the other day jump to the Nit side because we were grossly outnumbered.  I didn't think that was wrong.  I actually enjoyed flying with him that day.  Beats getting shot down by him!  <S> Lazer!

We're all better than this.  Give ROX a litte credit.  He organizes the missions and he's having fun.  Does it really matter in the end?

Just my .02
Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2008, 01:58:25 PM »
I was somewhat kidding when I posted my thread asking if the AH IQ had dropped dramatically.  Apparently the question was more accurate then I thought

:rofl

Heck, the other day I was vulched on landing.  Engine smoking, missing half a wing, and some other parts.  It's all part of the game.  My bad for not having a fellow teammate watch my back.

I was roping Il-2's and SBD's in a P-38J a couple days ago. About the time the fighter hangers popped back up at the enemy base, I headed for home low on fuel. One of the guys that I roped not once, but twice....PM's me and tells me he isn't going to let me land. As I am landing I see an La-7 coming, but figure I can land and end before he gets me.....and I did.....he was about 700 out or so when I ended mission. :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »
Some of those guys will grow tired and look for greater challenges, some will just quit because even this is too hard, and the rest will continue to tag along with whatever the biggest group at the moment happens to be. No, in the end, they don't matter.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »
Folks, this is going to end badly. 
I agree, but it's worth pointing out that...

Everyone is entitled to their own gameplay. 
...some people are stuck playing checkers with a game of chess.  I think it's only fair to point it out to them.

We're all better than this.  Give ROX a litte credit.  He organizes the missions and he's having fun.  Does it really matter in the end?
It's not the missions, it's the rimshot at Stang and Del spying.  Like you see, there's even some of the dudes from his missions that post repeating here in the thread what they heard during the missions.
That's exactly what he's asking that I be PNG'd for doing, which is circular logic.

Other than that, grats on the steamrolling ROX.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2008, 02:15:37 PM »

I really wasn't going to post about this incident, but it's just to funny not to.

I was in a WW at one of the VBases at TT when some low buffs come over and carpet bomb all the gv's at the base. I respawn along with everyone else and this one individual starts griping at everyone on range about not guarding the map room. I patiently explain over vox that it's kinda hard to guard the map room when we all just got bombed. That apparently made no sense to this person because he just kept up with his tirade.  :lol
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2008, 02:17:13 PM »
Some of those guys will grow tired and look for greater challenges, some will just quit because even this is too hard, and the rest will continue to tag along with whatever the biggest group at the moment happens to be. No, in the end, they don't matter.
Alas, the latter seems to rule. I find myself in DA more and more, MA less and less. Most LW play can be summarized by 3 Borg cubes utterly avoiding each other, while assimilating all uncontested bases in their path, and this warrants praise :huh
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2008, 02:38:09 PM »
I see what you're saying Moot.  Calling somebody out like that here is a definate no-no.  I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet.  But publicly awaiting an appology.....please. 

Most LW play can be summarized by 3 Borg cubes utterly avoiding each other, while assimilating all uncontested bases in their path, and this warrants praise

bj229r, this has been going on for the 2 years I've been here and I'm sure it'll go on longer.  I'd like to extend an invitation to you.  Come fly with me some day or I'll wing for you.  I'm usually the one going down in flames or missing pieces.  I usually fly the Spit 8 or the P47D-25.  Guaranteed to be no hording, vulching, gangbanging, or toolshedding.  Not tuned to 200.  Lots of fun and the challenge to make it home is always rewarding!

As far as the bickering back & forth.....it reminds me of that movie "Night at the Museum"  Ben Stiller and the monkey slapping each other.  Who started it doesn't matter.  So lets stop slapping each other's monkey and get on with the fun!

<S>
Obie
I have kept the faith.

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »
Well that's a curious conclusion.  Because I've watched in the game a couple of times where Vets, and I mean people who have been in this game 6-8 years, try to politely give a bit of advise to these newer players, and were treated like crap for their efforts.  I have no sypathy for any dogpiling going on in this thread.

Regarding the missions though.  It was funny watching 40+ guys render an all but undefended field completely useless after capture until it's resupplied.  I mean comon, no fighters or vehicles or resistance..."flatten those bomber hangers", before working on the town   :huh

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »
 :noid
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:56:42 PM by ROX »

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »

STONE COLD BUSTED

PROOF must sting to those who do not want it revealed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:10:25 PM by ROX »

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2008, 03:13:06 PM »
Eventually, due to the lack of challenge, most people grow bored and look towards other challenges.  I think the natural progression is to air combat and ACM in particular.

They become aware of it, curious about it, think about it, read some of the trainer materials, talk to others and discuss aspects of it and when they are appropriate, visit the TA with a knowledge person or trainer, start applying it in the MA and finally discover how much challenge and joy there is in winning in a one-on-one.  Especially when outnumbered or at a disadvantage.

Of course some take it too far and actually attribute real-life worthiness at shooting down pixels, but it does give a sense of accomplishment that certainly cannot be diminished because others are there to make sure you don't fail.

Thank you for summing up what I have been unable to type out coherently in the past few months!  Especially that last paragraph

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
No arguement here Murdr.  I've also tried to help out new people and would have been better off just squelching them.  Now I just send them to the Rooks. :D 

Seriously though, this thread was started to congradulate a player for making an effort.  I've never joined a mission, not my style.  As far as the dogpiling, thats also a player's choice.  I can see both sides here so I'm not taking either. 

Murdr, I know that you've helped out many new players, myself included when I started.  Just because we run into a few noobs that treat you like crap doesn't mean your going to stop....right?  For every new player that joins, there's always that one that makes it worth while when you help them.

As far as the gameplay....milkrunning is rampant on every team.  Bish, Nits, and Rooks are all guilty of that.  Just because a player makes a mission out of it, does that make it worse than the horde vulching till the cows come home?  Some people are more into shooting down the most players, others for the thrill of winning the war.  Me, I prefer flying with my squad and covering each other's back. Win or loose, I try and learn from my experiences and pass them on to the next group of players willing to learn.

Again, this is just my .02 cents. 
Obie
I have kept the faith.

71 (Eagle) Squadron