Author Topic: weather  (Read 1207 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: weather
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »
Search button  :cry
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Wraith

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »
Ya, i know it would cause alot of lagg and stuff, but still, i think it would b cool if it could accually rain, and snow, and stuff, and like if its really cold out, u gotta let your engine run for a bit to heat up, and like when your takeing off, if theres snow or water on runway u slip alittle idk, just think it make game more fun  :D ( not that its not already, best game i ever played )

-BigBOBCH

Besides your atrostious spelling, it would make things more interesting.  But,  they grounded all aircraft when the weather got tough. 

-\/\/R/-\IT|-|

"The only two things that fall from the sky is manna from heaven, and your plane."

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »
Besides your atrostious spelling, it would make things more interesting.  But,  they grounded all aircraft when the weather got tough. 

P47 preparing for a flight during the battle of the bulge

Note:the snow

Offline Chewybacca

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »
hasnt this been requested...many...many...man y times?
100th Bomb Group [H]
When life gives you bombers, bomb the hell outta everyone.

Offline Ranger45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 09:56:47 PM »
Let's not confuse a few clouds with extreme cold, wind, and accumulating rain or snow, which you seem to be doing.

No I did not confuse anything with extreme cold, or wind, or accumulating rain or snow.  Reread my post again, don't think I metioned any of that.  I said a little inclement weather and real clouds, not the see through haze that we have.  Some wind would be nice to.

Note, reread last sentence I DID NOT SAY TORNADO, I said a little wind.

Offline Ranger45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »
Search button  :cry

The search button response is the true whine in this and all other post.  If you don't like the post or the topic just don't read it.  :cry :cry :cry

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »
One place weather would be neat--at the Lake , have 200 mph updraft at 10k:aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 10:23:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
P47 preparing for a flight during the battle of the bulge

Note:the snow

note that the snow is on the ground, not falling. snow on the ground wont have any impact on your planes ability to fly, assuming you shoveled the runway/dirt strip off.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
I think the wind should be enabled (game already fully supports it, its just set to 0)  nothing wild, perhaps a 5mph ground wind tapering to 25mph at 25,000 and above.

not totally realistic, but more realistic than 0 wind at all alts at all times.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 10:59:33 PM »
I think the wind should be enabled (game already fully supports it, its just set to 0)  nothing wild, perhaps a 5mph ground wind tapering to 25mph at 25,000 and above.

not totally realistic, but more realistic than 0 wind at all alts at all times.

Wanna hear the buff weenies whine? I guarantee this will do it!!!! :devil
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
Wanna hear the buff weenies whine? I guarantee this will do it!!!! :devil
When you are dropping from 500ft a little wind wouldn't do anything  :D
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 02:44:11 AM »
Like to see the ground covered in snow at least - just paint it white  :D
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 06:29:34 AM »
Redman...

Your request for localized weather is a valid one. Don't let everyone here get you down.

A while back there were quite a few people asking for fog at the ports. So, I gave them fog at 3 out of 6 ports on a map. At first just about everyone was very pleased with it. Then many of the nay-sayers started bashing it.... "I can't see the carrier"..."I can't see the GVs"...."I can't see the guns"..."I can't bomb"..."I get low frame rates". Well DUH! That's what fog does. If you don't like it, there are other bases to fight at.

Anyway, idea bashing seems to be a way of life around here. Anything that adds to the immersion in the game will be bashed by someone for some reason.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:34:19 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Ranger45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 07:57:24 AM »
I do remember some fog at some ports, it was great, made things tough, definatly had trouble finding carrier.  But it added a touch of realism.  In real life conditions aren't always optimal.  Besides that you could use the fog to sneak bombers in on the deack.   :rock

RANGER45

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 08:50:04 AM »
I do remember some fog at some ports, it was great, made things tough, definatly had trouble finding carrier.  But it added a touch of realism.  In real life conditions aren't always optimal.  Besides that you could use the fog to sneak bombers in on the deack.   :rock

RANGER45
And the stock reply to this will be "This isn't real life, it's a game". ;)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.