Author Topic: Clinton says she erred on Bosnia story  (Read 1614 times)

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
Re: Clinton says she erred on Bosnia story
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 04:37:08 AM »
Yeah, maybe she has Post Monica Stress Disorder?

Actually, this is more technically referred to as:  "Post Monica's Dress Disorder"

_____________________________ _____

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 07:14:28 AM »
Wouldn't that be a trip if Hillary picked Voss as her VP running mate? Of course she won't, cause the job is promised to John Edwards and Hillary and John's wife consumated the deal- if you catch my drift- two months ago at a Motel 6 in Iowa, but if things fell through and she picked Voss as her running mate would you still vote for her?

Dont think Al Gore is interested in the job though
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »
Isn't it sad that the Democrats and the Republicans just can't seem to to pick a worthy candidate.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »
Isn't it sad that the Democrats and the Republicans just can't seem to to pick a worthy candidate.

I wonder if any chance this is because it is harder and harder to find someone capable of doing the job well who will agree to put up with the BS and all that goes with running for the job?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »

Actually, this is more technically referred to as:  "Post Monica's Dress Disorder"

_____________________________ _____

It takes a Clinton to cleanup after a Bush; But it takes a Dry-Cleaner to cleanup after Bill.  :cool:

Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

storch

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 09:10:36 AM »
given how biasly leftist the press has become I wouldn't hold press conferences either.  besides bush 43 can't speak well.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 09:26:01 AM »
I am a straight party line Democrat. I am pro choice, anti death penalty, pro labor and basically believe the Democratic agenda is the best path for our Nation to take.

That said I cannot stand Hillary Clinton and will not, under any circumstances, vote for her. Her response- "I misspoke"- and the way she responded was arrogant and non repepentant. She has enough arrogance to call in all her political favors and steal the nomination from Obama and do so believing the electorate is stupid and she is the only person qualified to lead us.

We are now finishing up 20 years of a Clinton-Bush political dynasty that has devestated our Nation on every front, and I believe if Hillary is elected she'll be as big a disappointment to us liberals as GWB was to conservatives....the last thing I want to see is another 8 years of America being sold out to foreign intrests by a President who continues a business as usual thought process and is only "serving" for personal enrichment.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
given how biasly leftist the press has become I wouldn't hold press conferences either.  besides bush 43 can't speak well.

While I don't know Bush's reason for not having more press conferences, I rather like that idea that a president, any president doesn't feel he needs to kowtow to the press.  I wouldn't want to feel hostage to them and their demands, so I won't blame Bush for not holding more press conferences.  Seems that someone who does a lot of them might be too concerned about the press and public opinion rather than doing the job and doing it right.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 10:31:05 AM »
Maybe Hillary was recalling Mrs. Nixon's adventures and not her own?

From NewsBusters:
The [July 1969 South Vietnam] visit marked the first time that a First Lady had been in a combat zone, although another First Lady, Eleanor Roosevelt, had also visited troops on her numerous travels to England and throughout the South Pacific, Australia, and New Zealand during World War II. National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger later described how the President and his party were “whisked from the airport to the Presidential Palace in a helicopter that seemed to go straight up out of range of possible sniper fire and then plummeted between the trees of [President] Thieu’s offices. I never learned how often the pilots had rehearsed this maneuver or,” he added ruefully, “how its risk compared with that of sniper fire.” While my father met with President Thieu, Madame Thieu hosted a formal tea for Mother in the Presidential Palace. The palace was an armed fortress, with sandbags in every entrance to douse fires from shelling and bombing attacks. Mrs. Thieu told Mother she had sent her children to the country, out of danger of the war zone, and how much she missed them.

Maybe Hillary was Pat Nixon in a former life?

story here:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/03/26/hillarys-fist-eleanor-war-zone-claim-not-true-will-msm-report

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
I am a straight party line Democrat. I am pro choice, anti death penalty, pro labor and basically believe the Democratic agenda is the best path for our Nation to take.

That said I cannot stand Hillary Clinton and will not, under any circumstances, vote for her. Her response- "I misspoke"- and the way she responded was arrogant and non repepentant. She has enough arrogance to call in all her political favors and steal the nomination from Obama and do so believing the electorate is stupid and she is the only person qualified to lead us.

We are now finishing up 20 years of a Clinton-Bush political dynasty that has devestated our Nation on every front, and I believe if Hillary is elected she'll be as big a disappointment to us liberals as GWB was to conservatives....the last thing I want to see is another 8 years of America being sold out to foreign intrests by a President who continues a business as usual thought process and is only "serving" for personal enrichment.

Good speech, Airhead, but when was the last time this country elected a president that didn't do everything he could to get into/stay in office? It's my belief that politicians are politicians, and by the time they reach the age where they are realistically capable of achieving the highest office, their personal convictions as far as what's best have eroded down to the core. All that remains after that is 'what's best for me'. And so we are left dealing with it. Sometimes we get lucky, and the political and economic climate of the US and the world play well into their agendas. Other times we aren't so lucky.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:07:52 AM by Neubob »

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »
Have you noticed almost every speech given by Bush or Cheney the last few years has been in front of hand picked audiences?

Except this thread isn't about Bush  or Cheney.  You are so far to the kook left that you actually cannot help yourself, can you?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »
she is embellishing her stories to make them more exciting.  who cares?  I sure dont.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 11:37:23 AM »
She flat out knowingly lied, Yeager....which is fine, all politicians do that... but when caught in the lie her attitude was "So what?" I've given up on expecting truthfulness from politicians, but it'd be nice if they'd at least acknowledge their lies and apologize for them. Her failure to do that shows her complete arrogance towards those she wishes to rule.

On the other hand we have McCain, a philanderer and womanizer who also lacks integrity...but at least he acknowledged his lack of morality and apologized for it.

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 03:09:50 PM »
Dont think Al Gore is interested in the job though

Actually, many senior Democrats are currently floating Gore's name for the Presidency.   The pro-Clinton and pro-Obama camps are becoming so alienated now, that no matter which one ends up winning, there could be major resentment within the party against the winner.   Much like how Gerald Ford's victory over Ronald Reagan alienated the conservative wing of the Republican party in 1976.

So if the primary is still in a deadlock by convention time, why not just nominated Gore as a compromise candidate?   That way, the entire Democratic Party could all rally around together to support him.  Gore could even make Obama his running mate, and offer Clinton the position of Secretary of State.

_____________________________ ____________

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »
Yeah, maybe she has Post Monica Stress Disorder?

Maybe but I'd think her girlfriend would be able to help her get over the PMSD:)