Author Topic: War in the AvA: Battle of Britain  (Read 4563 times)

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: War in the AvA: Battle of Britain
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2008, 11:25:51 PM »
All a person really needs to know about JG/54 is

where to meet up for the special party

Hey TK, help everybody out and show them where the party is YO!

<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline bkwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.avengersonline.com/index.html
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »
 :huh
Bkwolf
~Avengers~
AVA Axis

Currently MIA

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 11:44:41 PM »
Aww hes still mad because Im a cheating little ditcher.

BTW wtf is it with you and that picture? I was bored and shot a tree. Is there something so Fing wrong with that? Hell I kill shoot myself on team mates also would you like pictures of that? Are you still scared to DA me or do you need your squadies to help? Would you like me to post the film of me owning two of your squadies trying to gang me? Or how about where you cuss me out because Im a no good cheating ditcher?

I wonder if you have ever ditched in your short time playing AH? I wish I still had films of you humping my ankle asking me to fly through the VH inverted ever time you saw me. Telling me how good I am and how you wish you could do that. So give it up hunglo you're just another dweeb who calls cheat or hacker when you dont see something you dont like. You and ROX should date. I bet you could get each other off on your "war" storys.

Why didnt you post that little film on a public forum. I bet everyone would love to see it.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2008, 06:35:09 AM »
 :aok
...When somebody is on your 6 don't rely on just jinking your stick all over to shake them.  It doesn't necessarily have the effect you are intending in what I suppose a real plane would do.  In an online flight simulator the abrupt, sudden and frequent stick movement can not be kept up with by the game across the 'net and cause micro warps and strange, inconceivable flight paths.

You don't have to believe me and I really don;t intend to bash you in any way.  I am quite willing to drop it at this point. <S>
I always wondered what exactly was happening when "Stick Stirring".  Great description of 'cause and effect'.  Thanks.
 :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 06:41:17 AM »
That's some funny stuff TK. Leave them trees alone you...you...tree hater.

Someone mentioned this thread should die, and so it should.  Certainly not the way to start off a new campaign.

Bug,

Stick stirring?  Stick Stirring in german iron leads to crashes.  Now, with many new members in JG11 (some new players even), coupled with my limited time for training, and even Arena play the last couple weeks, I will not say you definatly have not seen that from your perspective.  However, I will state and with conviction, that stick stirring is not a tactic endorsed or approved of by myself, and I have not witnessed it from members of the Geschwader.

I only reply at all here though for the following reason:  With 24 guys in JG11 to make a "unit wide" comment is well,...out of line I suppose is a good term.  If "Bravado" was to HO me on the first merge, I certainly would not come and post that the 353rd are "a bunch of Hotards".

Calling individuals out is all right and proper sir.  Group assumptions...are just that.  It is not the intention of JG11 pilots to degrade the game play of the AvA.  Frankly it's the opposite, as I believe it is as well with you.

:salute
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 06:43:52 AM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2008, 08:29:19 AM »
what time Friday does BOB start?

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE BOB

MUNGADAI

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2008, 08:32:35 AM »
The planes, or the map?

EDIT:  Is this another 5 round roller, or one week filler?
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »

Fork was planning on setting it up last night, but I see finrus is still up...  something important must of came up, 

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2008, 08:39:23 AM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE BOB

MUNGADAI

I am in complete agreement.
P-47 pilot

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2008, 08:45:08 AM »
'aight, I see the event description in header post.

Second question unanswered...Why do people dislike BoB ?  Just curious.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

storch

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2008, 08:50:02 AM »
I'm no fan of early war either but others are so there it is.

why don't you like the early war/bob?

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »
I mainly dislike BoB because we only have 2 choices of fighters.  I often like to rotate between various flavors of 109s and the occasional 110/190.  The Emil is so underpowered it only vaguely resembles a 109, and to be honest, I really stink aiming wing mounted guns.  The 110c is awesome but ungainly, it takes me some time to remember how to fly it as a fighter again.

Then there are the hurricanes that sort of, stay aloft with a only the help of a gentle breeze.  They complain about those 8 303's but...if they setup convergence correctly they are quite devastating.  That combined with a plane who's flight envelope defies common logic...makes it unfun.

Flight times are a bear.  Most everyone scrambles to alt then dives to the deck.

1v1's can be fun in BoB but...are rare.

Just my opinion though.  However, tt's not near as bad as a PTO.
P-47 pilot

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »
I hear all that Rep.  I find the Hurri Spit combo tough, particularly if they have alt advantage.  Guns on the emil are teh sux too.  110...I am teh sux there.

Emil's employed with tactics (gangs, hordes,..you know)...can get it done.  Experience, teamwork, and tactics, should carry the day though.  20bases in a week though? Thats more fields than JG11 has captured in 2 years.  :lol

Welcome back too. :D
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2008, 09:26:26 AM »
well if JG11 forms up with JG54, it shouldnt be a problem. If anything they will be at a disadvantage. Poor, poor allieds, they have no idea what is going to happen to them.