Author Topic: Shooting Planes on the re-arm pad.  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Shooting Planes on the re-arm pad.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 04:55:54 AM »
Anything  red icon is a target.

When I'm shot sitting on the rearm pad, I lacked SA.
When someone is actually trying to wade through all that base ack and the Wirbelwinds, he is taking a risk. When I'm sitting on the pad to keep my K/D up I'm taking a risk too. It's part of this combat game. It's my own responsibility to watch the airspace while doing it. We even got external views in fighters two years ago to help us with that.
And I do accept that I am a particular yummy target when sitting there ;)

Careful, Kermit won't stand for such negative attitude.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 05:29:13 AM »
Chuck Yeager said, "they's a heck of alot easier to kill on the ground". Good enough for chuck, good enough for me. :aok
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 05:52:32 AM »

<Snip>

Dogfighting is fun and the point of this game.  It's about winning the fight, not killing your opponent.

I thought "da man" himself was quoted saying "This game is all about pissing the other guy off. "
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 07:45:08 AM »
Sounds like someone is smarting over getting blown up while sitting on the re-arm pad.  You knew there were enemy near your base and willingly took the risk to sit on the re-arm pad for 30 seconds while being re-armed and re-fueled.  The blame falls on you, not the other guy.  It's like whining about being vulched, no one forced you to take off of a base under attack.

ack-ack

That sums it up :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »
If you are on the re-arm pad at a base that is under attack, you get what you deserve.  This has happened to me, so now I only re-arm at bases that have a clear radar circle.  Also, you might re-arm with a .ef ready to go.  Just pay attention while re-arming in that case.

Offline Hitman20

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:28 AM »
It's not the person who killed you who is at fault...it's your fault for giveing them the chance to kill you :aok

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »
Or like Lusche, have it mapped.

Base attack, 15 planes
Good Cap  10 planes
Shooting guy rearming while his base is under attack.........   Priceless

Ive seen 30 fighters buzzing an airfield vulching for 30 mins while a nearby town stands almost entirely up. And it aint noobs doing it cause noobs dont know no better. Besides, Ive seen many of the names in these spawn camps. Fact is for a lot of guys the game is neither about dogfighting or war winning. Its about gaming the game and running up your score. Theres a few sticks who play honest and earn their ranks, but only a few. And the longer Im in this game the less respect I have for ranks and the less WTGs I give.

I fly 110s in missions and take down towns while the OP is designed to capture the base as quickly as possible. Thats as close to spawn camping runways that I come and as close as I want to. Theres a few vulch Generals who direct other fools to attack ack while they safely wait to start spawn camping the runways and re'arm pads. :rofl Thats why I like missions. They are designed to grab the base quick instead of just setting up a 25 min vulch. Flying up and down a runway shooting helpless targets, while others are screaming you stole their kill, and doing so until you run out of gas, aint my idea of fun.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:59:56 AM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
Shooting Planes on the re-arm pad.

One of the finer, more enjoyable things in life.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »
Sounds like someone is smarting over getting blown up while sitting on the re-arm pad.  You knew there were enemy near your base and willingly took the risk to sit on the re-arm pad for 30 seconds while being re-armed and re-fueled.  The blame falls on you, not the other guy.  It's like whining about being vulched, no one forced you to take off of a base under attack.

ack-ack

Maybe so but it does seem "cheap", kinda like killing a guy that has a damaged plane, who's gear is down and trying to land... legit, sure. Honorable, NOT really.
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 10:23:46 AM »
                      Ive seen 30 fighters buzzing an airfield vulching for 30 mins while a nearby town stands almost entirely up. And it aint noobs doing it cause noobs dont know no better. Besides, Ive seen many of the names in these spawn camps. Fact is for a lot of guys the game is neither about dogfighting or war winning. Its about gaming the game and running up your score. Theres a few sticks who play honest and earn their ranks, but only a few. And the longer Im in this game the less respect I have for ranks and the less WTGs I give.

I fly 110s in missions and take down towns while the OP is designed to capture the base as quickly as possible. Thats as close to spawn camping runways that I come and as close as I want to. Theres a few vulch Generals who direct other fools to attack ack while they safely wait to start spawn camping the runways and re'arm pads. :rofl Thats why I like missions. They are designed to grab the base quick instead of just setting up a 25 min vulch. Flying up and down a runway shooting helpless targets, while others are screaming you stole their kill, and doing so until you run out of gas, aint my idea of fun.

The only purpose of rearming is to run up score, otherwise why not just land it?

The only purpose of rearming at a base under attack is to offer yourself up as an easy target.  Therefore I would like to submit that these targets are not so "helpless", but more like brainless.

Again, I quote  "This game is all about pissing the other guy off."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 11:02:48 AM »

The only purpose of rearming is to run up score, otherwise why not just land it?

The only purpose of rearming at a base under attack is to offer yourself up as an easy target.  Therefore I would like to submit that these targets are not so "helpless", but more like brainless.

Again, I quote  "This game is all about pissing the other guy off."

Well that's one way to look at it. Another way would be re'arming is more like actual flying and that many re'arm even when theres no reason to. Like when you haven't landed any kills. I wouldnt know about the 2nd cause I never re'arm at a base under attack. I get shot down all the time trying to up at a base under attack but I never try to re'arm at one. I would add the dedicated vulchers are big time HO'rs, never fly LAs, would climb over their own mothers for a kill, and have more skill at gaming the game then actual skill.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 11:19:45 AM »
I'm more than willing to vulch, but then again i don't get upset being vulched.  What i dislike is the hypocrisy of  players who meltdown over being vulched but do it themselves (the same with people who moan about HO's).
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
If you offer me an opportunity to kill you, consider yourself dead.  It doesn't matter to me who, what, when, where or how.  My "job" when I'm in a fighter is to kill as many opponents as I can as quickly as I can and rtb safely (sometimes harder said than done).

That doesn't mean I'm not up for a good fight when one presents itself.  But between those I take what's offered.  No appologies.  If that makes me one of the "hated" members of the community, so be it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »
I hate you Eagle  :rofl

Offline nick172

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 11:45:20 AM »
Personally If I see a guy on the re-arm pad I will go for him immediately instead of the guy that is at 50' just taking off. Piss on the guy that is trying to inflate his score and is not intelligent enough to get out if he sees a plane coming. I will also kill a guy on landing that I know is coming in with kills. ( I acctually chuckle to myself doing it.) that being said, I have also fought guys and just sat on their tails letting them know they could be killed and let them go. A few times I have torn half a wing off a guy followed him then pulled off and flew beside him for a few sec before leaving him to fly home.

Nick172
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:49:51 AM by nick172 »