Author Topic: Shooting Planes on the re-arm pad.  (Read 3079 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Shooting Planes on the re-arm pad.
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »
Personally I don't shoot guys on the re arm or landing.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »
If you offer me an opportunity to kill you, consider yourself dead.  It doesn't matter to me who, what, when, where or how.  My "job" when I'm in a fighter is to kill as many opponents as I can as quickly as I can and rtb safely (sometimes harder said than done).

That doesn't mean I'm not up for a good fight when one presents itself.  But between those I take what's offered.  No appologies.  If that makes me one of the "hated" members of the community, so be it.

I could not have said it better myself Bald!  I can kill a man in a fair dogfight, but if I can kill him before he starts a fair fight, I will. :devil
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »
It normally just hurts more getting vulched on the re-arm pad. Because typically you have kills.. I don't see it any different than attacking a plane lifting off the runway.....I will let someone land any time they ask or say rtb..  On the re-arm pad you already  had a chance to tower so...... i see it differant..
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline A8Hunter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
Anytime I park on re-arm pad and take a trip to the tower I have only one thought: S T U P I D.  Daddy didn't raise the smartest kid but I know enuf to not sit idly by with an enemy aircraft in the area and not have a very close eye on em. Like the vulcher or not, we must take responsiblity for our own actions first. And I will add, I have taken several trips to the tower for my own failure in this area,,,,several!
Get smart, or die I say :aok
Let me do nothing to bring shame or disgrace on my family, my comrades, my unit, my country. Let me conduct myself in such a manner that there is no dishonor. Let me not be wasted, but if I die, let me die like a soldier should.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »
Dont you get more perks for killing someone who has a few kills under there belt?

p-51D "no kill low perk"
p-51D "3 kills higher perk"

Right?

Would be cool.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »
Dont you get more perks for killing someone who has a few kills under there belt?

p-51D "no kill low perk"
p-51D "3 kills higher perk"

Right?

Would be cool.

AW's scoring system was like that.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »
AW's scoring system was like that.

ack-ack

Did it have any noticeable influence on "tactics" ?
I mean, if implemented here I could evry well imagine the majority of players trying to kill RTB fighters at all costs, while ignoring inbound Jabo's. After all, the homebound enemy might have some kills under his pelt = more perks...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »
It's a realistic war based game! You ain't sitting in the tower drinking coffee or eating doughnuts i'm shooting you! Your never safely landed in my opinion till your out of your plane sitting in the tower/hanger. If you choose to attempt to rearm then you should be looking for cons! If they dive in tower out, how hard is that? You chose not to safely land your 1 or 20 kills and attempted to rearm and up! You got caught! Same as a gv waiting for supplies on an enemy field/town, you take a risk. I've made the same mistake and sure it po's me but it is part of the realistic aspect of war. Next you'll ask for a white flag to hang out your canopy to call off the con on your 6. :rofl
AKsleepy

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2008, 04:02:24 PM »
Interesting answers gentlemen, Thank you.

You have all (for the most part) cleared up a few things for me.

Like, all the talk on these BBs about this game being about "The Fight", is just that-----talk.

And for all the taunts about killing strat, attacking undefended bases, and other inert objects (milkrunning)
It is really no different than shooting an inert aircraft or a basicly defenseless aircraft trying to up for a "fight"

Why would I want to let a guy get up off the runway? Damn! he might try to (gulp) fight!

Personally, I never vulch a base unless we are trying to take it. But to each his own.

A real eye opener gents.

Thanks again for your input.

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

Personally, I never vulch a base unless we are trying to take it.

This is indeed an eyeopener. A bit along the line "When I do (vulch, ho, pick, whatever) I have a justified reason for it." And of course the enemy never has one himself when doing such low things ;)

If you vulch you will have to concede this right to your enemies too.

BTW some players (including me) may have not such a limited definition of "fight". Out there in the MA there is a battle going on. The fight begins the moment you spawn and ends when you are back in tower.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:20:14 PM by Lusche »

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »
You obviously missed the realistic aspect of this game then. Timeout while i launch/land/rearm guys ok? :rofl Part of the challenge of the game is being smart enough to know when you have the upper hand and when you don't. Upping or rearming on a field that has cons around/over it is a risk. Sure it's about the fight but it's also about common sense.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »
Anything  red icon is a target.

Quoted for truth. :D
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »
Quoted for truth. :D

You could at least have corrected my grammar  :(

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »
Did it have any noticeable influence on "tactics" ?
I mean, if implemented here I could evry well imagine the majority of players trying to kill RTB fighters at all costs, while ignoring inbound Jabo's. After all, the homebound enemy might have some kills under his pelt = more perks...

No, because in AW you never knew what a player's "rank" was.  It was a hidden stat that regular player's couldn't access.  IIRC, the way it worked was if you were engaged with a fight and shot down someone of equal or greater rank then you moved up the ranks.  Shoot someone of lesser rank and you didn't move up.  Cool thing was that these ranks weren't available to be seen by the masses so no one got hung up about playing for ranks though playing for score what rampant.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 05:11:03 PM »
I personally don't like shooting them on the pad, but if they had vulched me a few times and ran home I would chase them down and kill them any way I could...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com