Author Topic: Speeding up time in Mission Editor  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Speeding up time in Mission Editor
« on: March 28, 2008, 12:03:06 PM »
Hi, I'm wondering if when you speed up the time in the editor, the planes don't stay in formation as well?  For example, I sometimes get my planes all strung out.  In other sims, I think I've heard that things become a bit more unstable if you run them faster than usual.

Also, yesterday I was test-running a bombing mission in the editor, and all the formations stayed together pretty well, except ONE B-17 that was several miles behind the others.  Does anyone know why this could be?

Finally, does the position of a certain bomber in a formation make it more likely to lag behind than others?  One of my missions has the bombers do a warp in order to get them to form up, but then there's quite a sharp turn (I think), and it seems to be the bomber on the inside of the turn that usually lags behind the rest.  Not sure though.

<S>

Yossarian

P.S. HTC, are you concerned with small typos in the Help file?  If so, I've noticed a few that I'll point out soon.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Speeding up time in Mission Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:20:31 PM »
It's important that the times and speeds are within what the planes can actually do. I've tried to get them to warp to high altitudes and some (Lancaster's) take longer than others (B-17's) for example. It's good to look at the speed and climb charts when changing things a lot.

FYI you can look at the charts at the AH trainer's site.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
Hi, I'm wondering if when you speed up the time in the editor, the planes don't stay in formation as well?

P.S. HTC, are you concerned with small typos in the Help file?  If so, I've noticed a few that I'll point out soon.

Yes and yes.  Weird things can happen if you run full speed over a long distance - small errors creep in and amplify.

Any suggestions on the help file are welcome.  It is, after all, intended to be useful to you and not just a software placeholder. ;)

- Sudz

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:34:35 PM »
Well, I haven't managed to find the one or two typos I saw, but could you please make it a bit more clear as to when "CLIMB", "CRUISE" and "DESCEND" segments should be used?

I'll post if and when I see anything else.

<S>

Yossarian

EDIT: could you please look at my post in the AH General Discussion board if you have a moment, because I've been trying to work out a formula to do level-bombing from fighters, and I'm a bit confused about two things...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 06:38:02 PM by Yossarian »
O o

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »
Well, I haven't managed to find the one or two typos I saw, but could you please make it a bit more clear as to when "CLIMB", "CRUISE" and "DESCEND" segments should be used?

I'll post if and when I see anything else.

<S>

Yossarian

EDIT: could you please look at my post in the AH General Discussion board if you have a moment, because I've been trying to work out a formula to do level-bombing from fighters, and I'm a bit confused about two things...

Always use CRUISE.  CLIMB and DESCEND still have a few bugs left.

What post?

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »
Always use CRUISE.  CLIMB and DESCEND still have a few bugs left.

What post?

Thats good to know...

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
Ok, thanks sudz.

It's this post: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,231560.0.html
About how air resistance and gravity are modelled in the game.

<S>

Yossarian
O o