Author Topic: scoring  (Read 431 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
scoring
« on: April 03, 2008, 03:39:34 PM »
at this point i don't pay to much attention to my scores, i do keep an eye out on k/d.

but i only fly fighters, i think it would be better if we could decide for ourselves what we scored under.
not saying if someone chose to score under fighter he couldn't take up anything else it just wouldn't reflect in his score.
just my opinion.  any one else think this would be good?  or not?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: scoring
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 05:01:28 PM »
It reminded me of this post...

If a sizeable number of players in golf suddenly played only to see how many holes in one they could make while everyone else played for score, then the golf scoring system would not provide an accurate measure of skill. It would rank winners and losers based on existing golf rules, sure, but as a metric for skill it would suffer.

Bull puppy.

The system would still accuratly provide a measure of golf skill. But your players are no longer playing golf they are now playing a different game. And since your players are not interested in their golf score, they wouldn't even keep track.

So are you interested in playing golf, or do you just want to head to the driving range. Both are perfectly acceptible, but don't try tell the golfers they should forget about it and just go to the driving range instead, because in your view distance is the only TRUE method for messuring a golfers talents.

HiTech

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »
Personally I would like to keep track of my score just through Fighter and attack and vehicle. Whatever you fly in the MA, they start scoring ya on. That would be a good one.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:10:43 AM »

but i only fly fighters, i think it would be better if we could decide for ourselves what we scored under.
not saying if someone chose to score under fighter he couldn't take up anything else it just wouldn't reflect in his score.
just my opinion.
if you take up an Il-2 then it says at the bottom of the plane selection screen "Score As   Fighter    Attack". so you can, take a F6F, it carries ord, and if you use ord you should score it as "Attack"
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
As of now you can up with ords with squadies under fighter.  Deack a base and vulch till you run out of ammo and you look like a superstar.  Are you...uh NO.  Agree with uber that if you up with ords you should be forced to fly under attack.  Better if you can choose fighter/attack for any plane.  Started a thread awhile ago about using the 205 under attack and got hammered for it.  PLanes like the A20/IL2 should be able to up under bomber/attack or fighter if you so desire.  Heard the 205 has no ords...my reply was the 152 or spit14 don't have ords either but you can still up under attack!

:salute
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »
As of now you can up with ords with squadies under fighter.  Deack a base and vulch till you run out of ammo and you look like a superstar.  Are you...uh NO.  Agree with uber that if you up with ords you should be forced to fly under attack.  Better if you can choose fighter/attack for any plane.  Started a thread awhile ago about using the 205 under attack and got hammered for it.  PLanes like the A20/IL2 should be able to up under bomber/attack or fighter if you so desire.  Heard the 205 has no ords...my reply was the 152 or spit14 don't have ords either but you can still up under attack!

:salute

sorry but i dont vulch, and as far as dropping ord,   :rofl
 i couldnt hit the barn unless i flew into it.